U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 08:06 AM

13 posts, read 188,091 times
Default WEIGHT WATCHERS Quick Start menus, plans, lists, etc.

I'm looking for the Weight Watchers Quick Start daily planned menus, plans, lists, charts, etc. for my mother as she lost them when we moved years ago.

If anyone could be so kind to share yours with me, I would greatly appreciate it. Private message me your email address and I will respond. Thanks...

PS: No smarmy suggestions like "Go google it" or "Amazon has it". I'm looking for those that are willing to share. I don't order things online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 09:31 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,453,895 times
Have you looked on dwlz.com ??? Dottie's Weight Loss Zone. There is a lot of that information over there.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:29 PM

Thanks, but I had already visited her site before posting here. She didn't have any of the pre-made daily menus, plans and charts that I'm looking for. She mainly is focusing on the new points system, which is not exactly the same.

Old 12-31-2010, 07:29 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,453,895 times
Did you see these pages?

Dotti's Weight Loss Zone - Food Lists, Menus & More
Dotti's Weight Loss Zone - Food Lists, Menus & More

Old 12-31-2010, 09:45 PM

Yes I did, thank you. Again, they just aren't want I'm looking for that coincide with the Quick Start menus and food exchanges list. These menus all focus on the points system. These would be good for those you enjoy and have had success with the points system. I truly am just looking for the original Quick Start materials and not something that someone has come up with that is similar.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:36 AM

Does anyone have this book (below) that they could scan the menus, plans and charts to send to me? Thanks...

"Weight Watchers Quick Start Program Cookbook: Including the Full Exchange Plan"

Old 01-16-2011, 06:26 PM

1 posts, read 42,528 times
I'm looking for this program (I think) as well. I used it with great success back in 1993 (lost almost 80 pounds). Afterwards, I thought I'd never gain it back and threw my program book away. Here we are 17 years later and all that weight is back. I tried the Points Program about 10 years ago and hated it. I didn't lose anything in 5-6 weeks.

I do have a copy of the SuperStart portion of the program that I was in with Weight Watchers in 1993 (weeks 1 and 2), but that's it. I'd like weeks 3 out if anyone has a copy of the program guides, etc. that they'd like to share. I don't know how this forum works, but I'd be happy to share what I have of this program - 19 pages.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:35 PM

93 posts, read 385,733 times
We've been trying to get Weight Watches to respond. They quit having meetings here, but kept deducting money from my wife's bank account. Can't get anyone to give it back. They shut down the e-mail address they were using.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:55 AM

2 posts, read 42,747 times
Just found this forum, so please excuse me if I make any mistakes...

I have been looking for an old WW plan I used 30 years ago.....and have found the answer already on this site.... it was along the lines of 2 milk, 3 fat, 4 protein, 3 veg, 3 fruit etc....plus optional calories of between 150 and 350 per week.....

What I wanted to say is that years ago, after this plan came out, I saw another diet programme and it seemed to have 'pinched' this diet, but transferred the proteins/carbs/fats/veg/fruit/milk into coloured card squares, which you simply took out of one side of a pack, and placed into the other side when you had eaten ...... at the end of the day you knew what you had, and what you had left.....

I thought this was brilliantly simple and thought of doing it again...... milk would be 2 blue squared cards......veg was 3 green......fruit was 3 orange......fat was two yellow.......bread was 3 brown (carbs).......and protein was 4 red ......

Can I finish by saying I agree with another poster who pointed out that so many of us want to refer back to this simple plan, and others mentioned.......so why on earth don't WW pick up on this and maybe reproduce maybe 5 of these previous diets one year, and we could pick the one which suited us best.... x

Old 02-03-2011, 11:04 AM

3,062 posts, read 3,987,845 times
This is cool - very much like the WW plan. You can adjust accordingly for how rapidly you want to lose weight - knocking off a few grains boxes would cut the carbs.
According to the author, eating the full amount of boxes = 1800 calories and not eating the greyed out ones = 1300

http://www.balancedweightmanagement....0OFF%203x5.pdf

Down at the bottom of this page are the corresponding serving sizes.

Kaiser Permanente's Weight Management Pyramid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss