Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 10:10 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,263,940 times

Advertisements

The bottom line is, I'm skinny! I have a 24.5 waist & wear a size zero.....at 40! I'm a mesomorph which is a common body type amongst Os.......I've been involved with diet & exercise nearly *2 decades* actually, since I was 16. He11 yes dairy & wheat are a problem, he11 yes, I benefit from exercise, and he11 yes I need red meat. Read the D'adamo website for more info....until then, keep plugging away and hopefully you'll find something that works for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 09:13 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,630,918 times
More constructive edit:

This whole type O thing...you are concluding that your dairy/wheat problem is the result of being type O. Your conclusion is incorrect. Here's some more math for you...

"NOT ALL" type O's have wheat/dairy problems.
"NOT ALL" wheat/dairy problem people are type O.
SOME dairy/wheat problem people are type O.
SOME type O's have wheat/dairy problems.

For the people who are type O who do NOT have wheat/dairy problems,
they can eat wheat/dairy, without problems.

For the people who have wheat/dairy problems, but are not type O,
they still need to reduce and/or eliminate wheat and/or dairy from their food choices.

Lots of people are allergic to wheat and/or dairy. It's a common food allergy. Lots of people are also lactose intolerant, and there are people with something called Celiac disease, who cannot tolerate ANY gluten - they can have wheat, as long as the gluten has been removed.

There is NO correlation between any of these people, and any OTHER of these people. There is no correlation between type O people and lactose intolerance. There is no correlation between type O people and wheat "problems." There is no link between people who are allergic to wheat, and type O blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
The bottom line is, I'm skinny! I have a 24.5 waist & wear a size zero.....at 40! I'm a mesomorph which is a common body type amongst Os.......I've been involved with diet & exercise nearly *2 decades* actually, since I was 16. He11 yes dairy & wheat are a problem, he11 yes, I benefit from exercise, and he11 yes I need red meat. Read the D'adamo website for more info....until then, keep plugging away and hopefully you'll find something that works for you.
You're 40.
Involved in diet/exercise "nearly" (meaning. almost, but not quite) 2 decades - which is 20 years..
..since you were 16.

So - you're 40, but you're not yet 36.

Maybe all that low-carb has done something to your math skills, but something isn't adding up here.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:25 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,504,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
More constructive edit:

This whole type O thing...you are concluding that your dairy/wheat problem is the result of being type O. Your conclusion is incorrect. Here's some more math for you...

"NOT ALL" type O's have wheat/dairy problems.
"NOT ALL" wheat/dairy problem people are type O.
SOME dairy/wheat problem people are type O.
SOME type O's have wheat/dairy problems.

For the people who are type O who do NOT have wheat/dairy problems,
they can eat wheat/dairy, without problems.

For the people who have wheat/dairy problems, but are not type O,
they still need to reduce and/or eliminate wheat and/or dairy from their food choices.

Lots of people are allergic to wheat and/or dairy. It's a common food allergy. Lots of people are also lactose intolerant, and there are people with something called Celiac disease, who cannot tolerate ANY gluten - they can have wheat, as long as the gluten has been removed.

There is NO correlation between any of these people, and any OTHER of these people. There is no correlation between type O people and lactose intolerance. There is no correlation between type O people and wheat "problems." There is no link between people who are allergic to wheat, and type O blood.

since lemonlime believes in the value of individual testimony

I am type O. I have no problem tolerating wheat OR dairy. Never had any such problem.

My wife, however IS lactose intolerant. She is type A however.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:37 PM

All blood type Os have problems with wheat and dairy and gain body fat and weight in general on these foods. The restriction of these foods creates a positive effect for an O. You could not pay me any amount of money to eat dairy or wheat on a daily basis.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:33 PM

You're wrong. "ALL" blood type O's don't have problems with wheat and dairy. The person who posted above you is type O, and has no problem with wheat or dairy. Therefore, your statement about "ALL" blood type O's is wrong. Incorrect, untrue, a myth, a fallacy, a lie, a misrepresentation, a scam, or whatever word you choose to apply to indicate that something OTHER than what you say is correct.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:34 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,666,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
You're wrong. "ALL" blood type O's don't have problems with wheat and dairy. The person who posted above you is type O, and has no problem with wheat or dairy. Therefore, your statement about "ALL" blood type O's is wrong. Incorrect, untrue, a myth, a fallacy, a lie, a misrepresentation, a scam, or whatever word you choose to apply to indicate that something OTHER than what you say is correct.
You got that right AC! Type O right here who eats wheat and dairy every single day and weighs a whopping 107 lbs with no effort. This whole every blood type is the exact same is a bunch of nonsense. It's like reading your horoscope in the comics and thinking every single Libra or what have you is going to have the same day. All millions plus of them.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
You got that right AC! Type O right here who eats wheat and dairy every single day and weighs a whopping 107 lbs with no effort. This whole every blood type is the exact same is a bunch of nonsense. It's like reading your horoscope in the comics and thinking every single Libra or what have you is going to have the same day. All millions plus of them.
My sister's a phlebotomist. I actually asked her about blood types and nutrition. She told me the only thing your blood type determines, is who you can donate blood to, and who can donate blood to you. It can also be a factor in extremely rare genetic disorders if two "badly matched" blood types mate AND have that genetic disorder to pass down. But even if the bloodtypes are "badly matched," that genetic disorder can't get passed, unless both male and female have the genetic ability to pass that particular disorder. I want to say it's hemophilia, but I'm pretty sure that's not the thing.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:49 PM

Dr. DAdamo is right.....there are at least several thousand people on his forum saying the exact thing I am. Minimizing wheat and dairy is crucial if you have blood type O.

D'Adamo correlates blood type with athleticism & ability. I would be interested to know Anon Chick how much is the most you've exercised in your life. Time, frequency, type of exercise etc. Ie, are you athletic.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:21 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,835,228 times
Quote:
.....there are at least several thousand people on his forum saying the exact thing I am. Minimizing wheat and dairy is crucial if you have blood type O.
LMAO!!! Several thousand? LMAO!!! LMAO!! SEVERAL THOUSAND?

SEVERAL THOUSAND? Really? LMAO!! Are you sure? LOL.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Dr. DAdamo is right.....there are at least several thousand people on his forum saying the exact thing I am. Minimizing wheat and dairy is crucial if you have blood type O.

D'Adamo correlates blood type with athleticism & ability. I would be interested to know Anon Chick how much is the most you've exercised in your life. Time, frequency, type of exercise etc. Ie, are you athletic.
I'm disabled due to being born with accute lordosis, and bone injuries sustained with I was 20. I don't exercise much at all. However I do ride my bicycle and walk whenever possible as a means of transportation.

When I was a kid though, I went cross-country mountain climbing and hiking from the east coast to Oregon and parts inbetween. I've been spellunking locally, I'm a trail-hiker, I live in a wooded area and I'm used to climbing trees.

After my car accident, I had to endure physical therapy and decided to join a gym at the same time. So I had PT with hydrotherapy 3x/week, PLUS I did weight training for an hour a day, 7 days per week, for 6 months, while recovering from a broken arm, broken leg, 3 broken ribs, shock to my lower spine, and a broken collarbone.

After college graduation I moved to Canada for a summer and spent most of it riding my bicycle around the island where I was staying.

I attended summer camp as a child, where daily activities included mandatory swimming, plus tennis, softball, foot races, rowing/sailing, hiking, acrobatic trampoline, then free swim and competitive swim.

I still row whenever I get a chance, but I can no longer perform tasks that involve jumping or bouncing around.

In short, I was raised to be a very active, athletic person. I am unable to be that now, at 50, but I still push myself when weather permits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss