Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 12:20 PM

14 posts, read 62,951 times

Advertisements

I'm a step away from ordering that HCG and want to hear success stories from those with hypothyroidism. If I see a glimmer of hope that may change my mind.

I eat 1400 calories a day, walk/ jog an hour a day and do Jillian Michaels a couple times a week ( weights).

We eat HEALTHY. No sugars, grass fed beef, raw milk, plenty of fresh organic produce.....etc.

I honestly don't know what else to do.

On synthroid , 50 mcg

I was just diagnosed as hypo a week ago but have been suffering symptoms for YEARS without being properly diagnosed.

Need to lose 40 lbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 07:19 PM

14 posts, read 62,951 times
Nobody? And people wonder why we resort to a hcg diet..,,,,seems losing with this condition is near impossible

Old 01-27-2011, 08:07 PM

1,678 posts, read 4,010,962 times
FDA Says HCG is Fradulent - Lets Scream It To The World

Please do your homework first about the silly and extremely dangerous HCG diet before lashing out on the CD folks about not responding to your inquiry. Read the article in the first post. Next, go see your doctor about getting your hypothyroidism problem resolved.

Ian

Old 01-27-2011, 08:33 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
txsizzler is 100% right!!

Go see your doctor and ask him what can be done about your hypothyrodism.

Even after all of the threads and even the FDA coming out and telling everyone that HCG is bad, you say you are "a step away from ordering it" calls for nomination of face palm of the millenium.

When your doctor diagnosed you, what did he say about nutrition and exercise?

Old 01-28-2011, 02:56 PM

75 posts, read 197,435 times
You wait more than a week for your medication to work.

You were properly diagnosed and put on Synthroid and that's the first step. It might take a few tries and blood tests to get you on the exact right dosage but if you already exercise/eat right that might be the key to losing. If you stay on the medication and your levels even out and you continue not to lose weight I'd talk to you doctor about what else you could do.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:08 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
I'll add too that your doc should be checking folate, B12 and Vit D and calcium.

I get those checked at each visit.

I was diagnosed in Sept. with hypo and I'm still being adjusted for meds. they like to increase it gradually so you don't experience extreme side-effects.

I started at 50, then 75 and today I was adjusted to 100. I had a feeling they'd adjust me again. My body said "yippee!!!" for the first dose they put me on...because it was better than what my own body was doing.

Then after 4 weeks I started not feeling as fantastic and at my 6 week they adjusted based on levels. Again, I went through that "yippee!" stage where I felt great but then once I got used to the increase I could feel at 4 weeks that I wasn't feeling as great as I thought, it was just better than it was. After 4 weeks on 75 I knew I'd need another increase because of the way I felt. Hopefully I will stabalize soon but it has been a long process! You won't feel fantastic overnight, and possibly not for few months. Be patient though and stick to a good diet and exercise plan.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:52 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
So you expected to lose 40 pounds in a week? Really?

Old 01-29-2011, 08:51 AM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,165 times
hmm I will let you know once I keep off any weight I lose. Watching calories and working out hard to Insanity, I will lose weight, but then it comes right back on the following week

Old 01-29-2011, 01:29 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
hmm I will let you know once I keep off any weight I lose. Watching calories and working out hard to Insanity, I will lose weight, but then it comes right back on the following week
Are you hypo?

That's what was happening to me before I was diagnosed. It was the most frustrating thing, but I was playing with the same 3-4 pounds every week it seemed. I'd lose it and then it would creep back on.

If you following a diet and exercise plan conducive to losing weight, you may need your meds increased if you are hypo.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:35 PM

196 posts, read 564,156 times
Ugghh.. Seems like I'll be having the same problem.. I just found out about my thyroid problem today. Just like you I count EVERYTHING I put in my mouth and it is all healthy non-processed foods, I exercise 3-4 times a week.. I can honestly write a book how to lose weight the right way but nothing works for me. I am starting my medication today and have big expectations to get my thyroid problem fixed. I am currently reading Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels hoping it will give me more tips how to make my thyroid work properly. I feel your frustration, but you have to give it a little longer than a week for the medication to start working. HCG just will make your condition worse unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss