Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 11:15 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,515 times

Advertisements

Sure, I went through the "I don't have to exercise in order to stay thin" phase. I did start to.lose a little muscle though.

50% of Americans are BT O. Imo wheat is one of the major causes of obesity in this country. People who aren't obese have their weight creep up decade by decade; controlling the 5-15-20 lb weight gain becomes a chore, especially for women trying to lose the baby weight. Many people make themselves happy irregardless and it is common in the culture to hear about learning to embrace your curves, its ok to be fat, etc. A lot of people believe weight gain with age is inevitable. If you are able to maintain a reasonable body fat as an O and have your pizza too then great. I'd rather have a faster, more fat burning activated metabolism so I choose to strictly avoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infiri View Post
How do you explain the millions that dont follow this diet and are healthy?
I am O, and dont exercise, still I am healthy, great physical shape.
I guess i was born lucky...
I eat a lot, and people eat half what I eat and are fat and exercise. It has to do about genes and how you deal with them, if you have a low metabolism then you should cut on the carbs that is it.
D'Adamo doesnt have any actual research. that is the whole problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 11:26 AM

You obviously don't understand what metabolic and metabolism mean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by infiri View Post
metabolically inactivating, come on...
Everything in life has metabolic inactivating chemicals even meat, fruits, fish, just about everything. So why only grains is the exception??
If that is ur argument that is bad for u just because it has an organic chemical that doesnt react with your metabolism then stop eating just about everything, including water that has cero calories and water is 100% metabolic inactivating.
Even grains has more metabolic chemicals compared to water

Oh by the way, do u eat vegetables?? Because they are the ones with the highest non metabolic chemicals, or like u called them inactivating.
When u eat vegetables, only about 20% is actually absorbed and are value nutrients, while meat is about 80%, still is not 100%.
So let me know when u have found a 100% natural food that is 100% metabolic activate.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:27 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
50% of Americans are BT O. Imo wheat is one of the major causes of obesity in this country.
And you'd be wrong...again. People have been eating wheat for centuries now and the obesity problem is relatively new.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:30 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,555,005 times
Quote:
. If you are able to maintain a reasonable body fat as an O and have your pizza too then great. I'd rather have a faster, more fat burning activated metabolism so I choose to strictly avoid.

pizza is not only high in wheat, its high in total carbs, high in total fat, high in sat fat, and of course, pretty dense in total calories.

Pizza is one of those foods that, if it makes you fat, its pretty consistent with almost all major approaches to weight loss, from paleolithic to low carb to low fat to low sat fat to calories in/calories out to natural foods/michael pollan.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:31 AM

Since the 80s people have been eating more pasta & bread & less meat and especially butter.You need to read Gary Taubes book Why We Get Fat. Taubes is a fierce O Hunter for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
And you'd be wrong...again. People have been eating wheat for centuries now and the obesity problem is relatively new.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Since the 80s people have been eating more pasta & bread & less meat and especially butter.
Have any statistical data to back that up?

Quote:
You need to read Gary Taubes book Why We Get Fat. Taubes is a fierce O Hunter for sure.
What is it with you and these quacks? I have yet to see you reference one single credible person.

Gary Taubes: Bad Calories, or Bad Research? » Weightology

Old 06-15-2011, 11:57 AM

The main problem with pizza is the wheat. I ate it a few months ago as my high calorie ketogenic cycling day meal but followed it with the all protein day to wash the sugars out of my cells. I just feel so much better wheat free there's no point. It's a damaging health destroying food. Would rather ketogenic cycle with something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
pizza is not only high in wheat, its high in total carbs, high in total fat, high in sat fat, and of course, pretty dense in total calories.

Pizza is one of those foods that, if it makes you fat, its pretty consistent with almost all major approaches to weight loss, from paleolithic to low carb to low fat to low sat fat to calories in/calories out to natural foods/michael pollan.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:02 PM

As a blood type O I encourage you to figure out how to survive. I have already figured it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Have any statistical data to back that up?

What is it with you and these quacks? I have yet to see you reference one single credible person.

Gary Taubes: Bad Calories, or Bad Research? » Weightology

Old 06-15-2011, 12:11 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
The main problem with pizza is the wheat. I ate it a few months ago as my high calorie ketogenic cycling day meal but followed it with the all protein day to wash the sugars out of my cells. I just feel so much better wheat free there's no point. It's a damaging health destroying food. Would rather ketogenic cycle with something else.
Then don't eat wheat. Problem solved.

I, on the other hand, don't have a problem with wheat. Therefore, I will eat it, preferably baked and spread with butter.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
As a blood type O I encourage you to figure out how to survive. I have already figured it out.
You didn't answer either of my questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss