U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2011, 06:57 PM

12,993 posts, read 13,263,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
For me, I never really lost any weight doing low fat diets.... a while ago, I did Atkins and lost weight pretty easily. I've been getting lack on the bread,rice and potatoes lately and my weight is picking back up. I think Atkins gets the bad rap from people not understanding the introductory phase being so restrictive. Later stages bring in more carbs and more variety.

I think I makes sense to try and avoid "processed" foods whether you do low fat or low carb. Things like sugars and pre-made meals.... those things are full of garbage, for the most part.
What do you expect, your username says it all. Do you frequent yummy buffets???
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 08:31 AM

324 posts, read 814,822 times
Default Healthy Eating

I prefer just eating really healthy. More Fruits and Veggies than you would think. Going Gluten Free also helped me lose weight. I lost 20 pounds last year and wrote about how I ate to lose the weight and now I modified it for maintenance. Here are a couple of my recipes that really help me to lose weight and stop constipation. Watermelon and Peaches are in season. Freeze them up while you have the chance.

Smoothie and Salad Recipes
SMOOTHIE and SALAD RECIPES – Where Do I Start on My Journey to Get Constipation Relief Part 2 | Stop Constipation

Watermelon Smoothie Recipe
Watermelon Nectarine Smoothie Recipe – Low Calorie Light & Delicious | Oil of Olay Regenerist Reviews

Old 10-10-2012, 06:50 PM

4,370 posts, read 5,306,883 times
Low carb has always been easier for me and with faster results.

But..If you saw that instead of bacon and sausage, I had oatmeal and a piece of whole grain toast with jam and no butter for breakfast, you'd probably think I was on a low fat diet.

If you saw that I instead of a breaded pork tenderloin on a bun, I had grilled salmon for lunch, you might think I was going low carb.

I just try to eat clean and cut calories wherever I can when I need to drop a few pounds.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:17 AM

2,356 posts, read 1,892,442 times
Low carb works best for me. Everone's body is different so its better to learn from trying different diets & see what fits best.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:59 AM

8,012 posts, read 9,286,810 times
Why not do low carb and low fat at the same time?

Old 10-12-2012, 04:01 PM

13,382 posts, read 6,433,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Why not do low carb and low fat at the same time?
Bad idea.

Once your body has acclimated to eating low-carb it turns to burning fat for its main source of fuel. Eliminate the fat from your diet, and you have no energy. Also eating healthy fat leads to satiety so you won't be needing to eat as much.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:17 PM

846 posts, read 850,891 times
Low carb. Besides trimming your waist line it's better for your skin (with the right protein and fat). Dr. Perricone's 3 days facelift day is basically low carb. Other than never ending thirst, I don't feel deprived on low carb.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:14 PM

2,211 posts, read 5,226,377 times
Eat MORE good fats, and LESS simple carbs.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:48 PM

2,523 posts, read 3,881,383 times
I do well on low carb.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:54 AM

5,288 posts, read 16,751,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinda View Post
I prefer just eating really healthy. More Fruits and Veggies than you would think. Going Gluten Free also helped me lose weight. I lost 20 pounds last year and wrote about how I ate to lose the weight and now I modified it for maintenance. Here are a couple of my recipes that really help me to lose weight and stop constipation. Watermelon and Peaches are in season. Freeze them up while you have the chance.

Smoothie and Salad Recipes
SMOOTHIE and SALAD RECIPES Where Do I Start on My Journey to Get Constipation Relief Part 2 | Stop Constipation

Watermelon Smoothie Recipe
Watermelon Nectarine Smoothie Recipe Low Calorie Light & Delicious | Oil of Olay Regenerist Reviews
While I applaud your efforts to eat more fruits and vegetables the amount of sugar in your smoothir recipes is astounding!
I make smoothies for dinner every night but I use mostly organic greens like spinach or kale or chard.....collard greens or bok Choy...or mixed field greens...and a minimum of fruit...no more than 1 cup for 2 people. Also hemp powder is a complete protein and high fiber. Add a whole lemon unpealed and it will add quite a nice tang and added protein....I believe a whole lemon has 6 or 7 grams of protein...then add a tablespoon or two of local honey...chia seeds are a great addition too....you are consuming way too much sugar and calories in your smoothies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss