Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 12:56 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,103,864 times

Advertisements

CONGRATULATIONS, HOW EXCITING AND YOU MUST BE SO PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I myself have lost 500 pounds but it took me about 13 years, a complete lifestyle change and doing it on my own (no surgery, weight watchers, etc.).

Good luck and much continued success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 04:35 PM

20,894 posts, read 28,287,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
CONGRATULATIONS, HOW EXCITING AND YOU MUST BE SO PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I myself have lost 500 pounds but it took me about 13 years, a complete lifestyle change and doing it on my own (no surgery, weight watchers, etc.).

Good luck and much continued success.
Wow 500lbs!!! That's awesome. You must feel so much better.How long have you kept it off so far?? Keep up the good work. Mgoal is to loose 70 lbs, I am at 43 so far.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:42 PM

1,128 posts, read 3,476,567 times
My health insurance plan has a special deal with WW where it's $25 for three months. I love it. I've joined about four separate times and usually lose 10-30 pounds before going back to old habits and gaining everything back. This time, being the biggest weight I've ever been, I'm ready to take my weight loss seriously. I've noticed that my weight is the biggest thing holding me back from making the most out of my life. I even put my post-grad life on hold because of weight insecurities.

So I rejoined WW and lost 8 pounds the first two weeks (woot!) and starting Monday, I'm joining a women's fitness bootcamp I found on Groupon. I'm very excited to couple that with WW and watch the pounds drop.

I agree with everyone who wrote that weighing in is their favorite part. That and my leader's informative meetings are the reason I keep coming back. I really think the weigh-ins give you great incentive that your bathroom scale just doesn't offer. I also don't count points because I know how to eat healthily, but that is something I might add in later on.

Good luck to everyone on the WW plan. I can't wait to hear about all of your successes!

Old 02-05-2012, 04:38 PM

I lost 1/2 a lb today. I am down 43.2 lbs.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Wow 500lbs!!! That's awesome. You must feel so much better.How long have you kept it off so far?? Keep up the good work. Mgoal is to loose 70 lbs, I am at 43 so far.

Still working toward that last 20 pounds but have not gained any back since the day I started 14 years ago. I am a very patient woman though and if I don't lose the last 20 pounds no big deal to me I am much happier and healthier at 150 than I was at 650+ and my Dr. is good with it as well.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolSocks View Post
My health insurance plan has a special deal with WW where it's $25 for three months. I love it. I've joined about four separate times and usually lose 10-30 pounds before going back to old habits and gaining everything back. This time, being the biggest weight I've ever been, I'm ready to take my weight loss seriously. I've noticed that my weight is the biggest thing holding me back from making the most out of my life. I even put my post-grad life on hold because of weight insecurities.

So I rejoined WW and lost 8 pounds the first two weeks (woot!) and starting Monday, I'm joining a women's fitness bootcamp I found on Groupon. I'm very excited to couple that with WW and watch the pounds drop.

I agree with everyone who wrote that weighing in is their favorite part. That and my leader's informative meetings are the reason I keep coming back. I really think the weigh-ins give you great incentive that your bathroom scale just doesn't offer. I also don't count points because I know how to eat healthily, but that is something I might add in later on.

Good luck to everyone on the WW plan. I can't wait to hear about all of your successes!

Can you get the online app thing for your cell phone (if you have one)? From what I understand that is a huge success and has helped keep a lot of people on track with their consumption much better than a lot of other things since it is right there on the phone. I myself would like to be able to do that but then I would have to join Weight Watchers which I am not opposed to however, after all this time doing it myself I haven't justified the extra cost at the moment.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:02 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,396,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Can you get the online app thing for your cell phone (if you have one)? From what I understand that is a huge success and has helped keep a lot of people on track with their consumption much better than a lot of other things since it is right there on the phone. I myself would like to be able to do that but then I would have to join Weight Watchers which I am not opposed to however, after all this time doing it myself I haven't justified the extra cost at the moment.
Have heard that too and while I would like to get it, I also cant justify the extra expense right now (my cell phone has been fine w/o it for a long time), til then, the calculator will have to do (they're did away w/ the slides from the past), not as convenient but doable

Old 02-10-2012, 03:23 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,252,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by csd610 View Post
still working toward that last 20 pounds but have not gained any back since the day i started 14 years ago. I am a very patient woman though and if i don't lose the last 20 pounds no big deal to me i am much happier and healthier at 150 than i was at 650+ and my dr. Is good with it as well.
wow!

Old 02-12-2012, 08:50 AM

weighed in today, lost 2.8 lbs for a total of 46.8 lbs

Old 02-20-2012, 08:57 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,185,562 times
I am obese and getting fatter. I have modified my eating habits but the modifications don't seem to keep up with the changes that come with being post-menopausal/ageing.

I am considering WW for the first time and don't know whether to go with meetings or online.
My first question is I think you pay for each separately correct? Do people do both?
Anyone who can chime in with other pros and cons that would be great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss