U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 03:48 PM

4,109 posts, read 12,669,430 times

Advertisements

Am sure you'll do well, we do know what we should eat and shouldnt eat, sticking to it is another story. Have joined OA (Overeaters Anonymous) in the past and that's a pretty good program, no scales involved if I remember right, also TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly), not sure what areas they're in though and have never gone to a meeting - am just not much of a phone person and calling a sponsor every day on OA didnt really work for me but obviously it works for some so that's a good thing, if I remember right, they just have a voluntary donation, no pressure at all so that may be an option if you feel up to it.
Feel better soon -
PS Glad you like those apples, had first heard of them around the time I joined CD and just liked the name (and the taste too, of course, lol).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Status: "I am not crazy, my mother had me tested" (set 20 days ago)

16,742 posts, read 19,266,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
That's wonderful, Lubby, if you dont mind my asking, how long did it take you to lose that much (I know it varies for everyone). Someone in our group reached their goal today, they lost 70 lbs in about 18 mos which is amazing. Im down the pound I gained last wk but I dont want to yo-yo b/c that w/b a waste of my time and money, neither of which I have a lot, not to mention I've been there, done that and would rather not go down that same road again.

Jasmin, hope your hip is feeling better now, maybe putting heat (or cold) on it will help (double check though). IMO absolutely meetings are not necessary, it all depends on the person, the leader etc, right now I need them (actually would like to go more than once a wk) but down the road, maybe not as much. Sure would love to be a lifetime member and get a free seat but that won't be for a while (if it happens at all). Feel better soon and good luck to all
it's been 1 year so far.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:49 PM

Would be happy w/ that. I have to start exercising and doing more along those lines soon, that and more weighing and measuring (v eyeballing it) and tracking to see if that makes a difference.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:39 AM

859 posts, read 1,840,922 times
I still do WW, as its working for me, I track everything and keep everything the same I am only 26 pts, so I know I cant go no Lower.

My Hip feeling better today thanks. I bought Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred, going to do that,,,,,,try anyway lol

Old 03-07-2012, 08:45 AM

I wonder if the kitchen scales are helpful in losing weight, I bought one a while back and just found it (new, still in the box), not WW but I may try using it, maybe it'll help keep me more focused. They do stress accuracy and portion control (a deck of cards) etc, today's dinner plates are huge, yrs ago they were small, no wonder so many ppl have weight problems these days, it's almost inevitable.

Glad you're feeling better and good luck w/ the tape, keep us posted on how it goes, it's probably a nice variation as it's different, someone in our group mentioned that the WW's new exercise tape is pretty good, am gonna hold off on that for a while, as it is I bought a pedometer (not WW) that I barely use. Even got a no-stick wok which I did put a little oil in to season it and the finish on the darn thing is coming off already (used it exactly *once*), am kind of annoyed and am going to take it back, it was a great size but what good is it if it's next to impossible to clean, guess no more homecooked Chinese food (which is a bummer but oh well).

Old 03-08-2012, 05:53 AM

859 posts, read 1,840,922 times
I use my scale Mine is not WW just a reg food Scale its from Biggest looser but I bought it cause it was on sale and cheaper then the reg Food Scale. It helps me to learn Portions.

I did the shred yesterday its was only a 20 min. workout but I tell you what after 10 min, he was really pissing me off ! lol I cant stand the woman her voice allone drives me nuts BUT she makes me work harder due to that fact lol. My Kids think I am nuts !
It really works all ...... I recommend that one the most out of all my Workouts.
Was 9.96 at Walmart

Old 03-08-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmin71 View Post
I use my scale Mine is not WW just a reg food Scale its from Biggest looser but I bought it cause it was on sale and cheaper then the reg Food Scale. It helps me to learn Portions.

I did the shred yesterday its was only a 20 min. workout but I tell you what after 10 min, he was really pissing me off ! lol I cant stand the woman her voice allone drives me nuts BUT she makes me work harder due to that fact lol. My Kids think I am nuts !
It really works all ...... I recommend that one the most out of all my Workouts.
Was 9.96 at Walmart
I have that same scale, I coud not see spending anymore that what I paid just to weigh food. Mine cost $19.99 at Bed bath , Beyond. I thnik the WW scale is $49.99, I did by the WW measuring spoons at my local center for $19.99 and they are great.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:11 PM

Mine is also the same scale (Taylor) but not w/ the Biggest Loser ads, I guess I got it before they started advertising on them, the only difference I think is that the WW one gives points and the Taylor one doesn't but that's not a deal breaker, same size box, just blue in color and not blue/yellow, I probably got it at BB&B too (w/ a coupon, lol). I just have to get it out of the box and figure out where to put it in on the counter and start using it (that would help, lol). Got a book the other day, Chicken Soup for the Dieter's Soul, it has short stories like the rest of the series and an occasional cartoon or recipe, looks pretty good, will keep my mind on it when I'm bored, tired or distracted.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:50 PM

I weigh in tomorrow so I am confident I did well, I ate less carbs this week and less food because I have a cold and can't taste anything LOL

Old 03-11-2012, 08:59 AM

I weighed in at WW this morning and lost 5.4 lbs!!!!! Total weight loss 48.4 lbs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss