Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 03:01 AM

87 posts, read 383,122 times

Advertisements

I know everyone's got their opinion and story, but I was like you, couldn't seem to lose weight no matter what I did. Until...
I started taking 2 TB. of apple cider vinegar (with the mother) first thing in the morning on an empty stomach with 4 oz. cold water and a little honey. After about a week, I noticed my appetite was curbed. I lost 10 pounds in 1 month.
Try it and see if that helps you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 04:57 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,112,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by askme View Post
I know everyone's got their opinion and story, but I was like you, couldn't seem to lose weight no matter what I did. Until...
I started taking 2 TB. of apple cider vinegar (with the mother) first thing in the morning on an empty stomach with 4 oz. cold water and a little honey. After about a week, I noticed my appetite was curbed. I lost 10 pounds in 1 month.
My mother in law swears by this drink she even gave hubby and I the "fixings" which are still in the pantry (not vinegar fans)
She said it gives her energy she drinks it 3 times a day.

She found the recipe in a book fro the 50's on home remedy's

When we both got sick on our recent cruise to Alaska the first thing she said was "see you should of been drinking the drink"

karla

Old 10-04-2007, 02:54 PM

157 posts, read 624,085 times
Cabbage soup diet works great for a quick fix but not recommended for long term. People needing to drop weight quickly for surgeries have done this with good results.

Also a friend of mine is having excellent results using Jenny Craig.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:18 PM

Default There are many benefits of "the" drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
My mother in law swears by this drink she even gave hubby and I the "fixings" which are still in the pantry (not vinegar fans)
She said it gives her energy she drinks it 3 times a day.

She found the recipe in a book fro the 50's on home remedy's

When we both got sick on our recent cruise to Alaska the first thing she said was "see you should of been drinking the drink"

karla
Some of them are: energy, like you mentioned, it lowers your cholesterol for all those of you who have a problem with that, including myself; it regulates your bowels and produces wonderful BM's (lol)! Who doesn't like that? Ha ha
But really, it's true.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:38 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,349,343 times
Quote:
I remember reading an article by Dr. Weil I believe, and he said that one of the things that Raw vingear can do is help one lose weight. It felt that many of the other claims are a myth. I am not so sure that they are a myth, but it was interesting that this was mentioned.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:45 PM

157 posts, read 624,085 times
Every bride is beautiful!!! Congratulations

Old 10-07-2007, 07:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,369 times
I would suggest seeking professional help; i.e. a personal trainer. I am in the Raleigh, NC area and have been using a personal trainer (Core Results; Core Results Inc: Personal Training for the Raleigh, Triangle Area for about 6 months with really good results. Two months is still a good amount of time. If you loose only 2 lbs/wk. that is still roughly 16lbs. Also, if you use a trainer and lose the weight by doing exercises including lifting weights, you'll not only lose the weight, but you'll be buff. I'll bet they don't make a pill for that.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:16 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,453,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earniefan View Post
Just because somethings natural doesn't mean it's safe. Cocaine is natural for crying out loud!
With all due respect, Homepathics is a method of treatment WITHIN natural medicine. It is the SAFEST of all the remedies and COMPLETELY SAFE if a person is taking prescriptions unlike herbs which are also natural which could react.

You need to get educated on WHAT HOMEOPATHY IS and reread my POST . I did not say that ANTYHING NATURAL was conpletely safe. I said HOMEOPATHICS was completely SAFE . THERE IS a BIG difference and you don't know enough about natural medicine to know what it is. Comparing Cocaine to HOMEOPATHY IS LUDICROUS.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:15 PM

Default This Is Hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos View Post
The following is gauranteed to work!!!

Ten Calorie Diet

Monday
Breakfast--Weak Tea
Lunch--1 bouillon cube in 1/2 cup of diluted water
Dinner--1 pigeon thigh and 3 oz. prune juice (gargle only)

Tuesday
Breakfast--Scraped crumbs from burnt toast
Lunch--Doughnut hole without sugar and 1 glass dehydrated water
Dinner--2 Jellyfish skins

Wednesday
Breakfast--Boiled-out stains from tablecloth
Lunch--1/2 doz. poppy seeds
Dinner--Bee's knees and mosquito knuckles sauteed in vinegar

Thursday
Breakfast--Shredded egg shell skins
Lunch--Bellybutton from naval orange
Dinner--2 eyes from Idaho potato

Friday
Breakfast--2 lobster antennae
Lunch--Broiled butterfly liver
Dinner--Jellyfish vertebrae

Saturday
Breakfast--4 chopped banana seeds
Lunch--1 guppy fin
Dinner--Filet of soft shell crab claw

Sunday
Pickled hummingbird tongue
Lunch--Prime rib of tadpole
Dinner--Aroma of empty custard pie plate, tossed paprika and clover
leaf

FIRST WEEK YOU LOSE 100 POUNDS! SECOND WEEK YOU LOSE ANOTHER 100 POUNDS! THIRD WEEK WE LOSE YOU!
Nikos - this is absolutely hilarious, I was just paging down and happened to catch the world "guppy fin" and went, HUH??? So I stopped to read it and about died laughing. I also thought it was kinda sad, the "pickled hummingbird tongue", and the "prime rib of tadpole". Poor little hummingbird and tadpole. Hee hee!
Thanks for sharing! This is no way to diet, ha ha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss