U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-04-2012, 02:58 PM

3,956 posts, read 2,519,502 times

Advertisements

The weight I need to lose is belly fat in fact that's where all my weight is at. Like with any diet the so called experts all say something different. Last article I read was in Mens Health which stressed vitamin D helped burned belly fat faster then anything else. I would like to hear from those on here what has helped you burn belly fat. I've also read belly fat is the hardest to lose.

What say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 06:19 PM

4,451 posts, read 8,405,069 times
I've always heard that you can't target lose. Your body knows where to lose fat and as you work out, the fat needing to be gone is what goes first.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:06 AM

11,294 posts, read 17,082,031 times
Belly fat is the same fat that's in your thighs. Your body determines which part of itself to burn off first, and there isn't any substance you can ingest that will convince or trick your body into burning off some other part.

If you have a beer gut, then stop drinking beer, and tighten the ab muscles with crunches/planks/donkey kicks/etc. The targetted exercise won't make the fat come off, but it -will- tighten the muscles supporting the area and give a firmer appearance. The cessation of whatever is causing you to get fat in the first place, will reduce the fat growth, while you're burning calories to reduce the fat itself.

If you're wanting to keep your legs toned, then exercise to keep your legs toned and don't rely on fat to give them shape.

If you like having man-boobs, then do chest exercises to get them, and don't rely on fat to give you those pecs. In other words, if you have obvious fat that -could- be reduced, then do what's necessary to lose fat from the whole body, and it'll come off. And ALSO, exercise to maintain and gain muscle and tone and definition, and that way you'll keep your silouhette, and feel better.

Also, eat better food.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:50 AM

1,236 posts, read 1,415,464 times
eat less. Period.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:10 PM

416 posts, read 749,751 times
If you're a woman in mid-life, it is possible to begin piling on belly fat as your body produces less estrogen. You might want to search "belly fat" and "perimenopause" for an explanation of this process and the best way to fight it. The Mayo Clinic has some helpful information.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:05 AM

2,271 posts, read 2,313,585 times
In the past few years there have been a number of articles that suggest eating certain foods to help get rid of belly fat. Whether they are true or not I really do not know. I do know that regardless of their accuracy the only way to combat belly fat is to eat less and exercise more.
You can incorporate those foods into an eating plan, heck they are all very healthy foods so its a win win.
Up your exercise routine and challenge yourself. Add weight training if you do not already do it.
We all carry weight in certain areas and there is no way to just target those areas.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:22 PM

17,323 posts, read 12,230,617 times
There are some recent studies that say people who do intervals lose more belly fat than people who do steady state cardio. Definitely worth a try. Worst case you burn extra calories in a shorter period of time and improve your heart health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss