U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 06:56 PM

177 posts, read 196,961 times
Default Has anyone tried Raspberry Ketone for weight loss

Dr. Oz had this product on his show. I've watched the video of the segment several times. I was just wondering if anyone has tried it. I do know of one other person who it has helped shed some pounds, but the clerks in the GNC,s and other health supplement stores have a mixed reaction.

On the show it said to purchase the product in its natural pure form without added supplements. That has proven to be hard, at least where I live.

Any feedback?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 08:54 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,138,119 times
Dr. Oz, whom I like, is now a corporate shill. Do not believe too much of what he says. I have seen a few times when he has contradicted what he has said on previous shows. Dr. Oz is more concerned about his success than the validity of some of the stuff he promotes.
Here is how you shed pounds...consume less than you burn off. Eat healthy whole foods, stay away from simple carbs and processed foods and exercise. Really, thats it. Its not glamorous or flashy, or fun, buts its the only way. There may be some components to some supplements that can help with the process, but you have to do the process first in order for them to help.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:26 AM

14,455 posts, read 12,249,246 times
My mom has them and said they didn't do anything. If you want to lose weight, just work out.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:03 AM

1,270 posts, read 1,511,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
If you want to lose weight, just work out.
Lucky's post above is the correct way to lose weight and be healthy. Correcting your diet is far more important for weight loss than exercise.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:18 AM

2,451 posts, read 5,095,647 times
You would need a Dr. Oz sized bank account in order to buy all of the supplements that he claims work for "blasting fat!" There is absolutely zero scientific evidence that these keytones do anything, other than lighten your wallet.

Dr. Oz has Oprah-like powers over people when he recommends stuff and I don't understand why. He is just trying to sell products and advertising time.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:16 AM

1,555 posts, read 852,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Dr. Oz, whom I like, is now a corporate shill. Do not believe too much of what he says. I have seen a few times when he has contradicted what he has said on previous shows. Dr. Oz is more concerned about his success than the validity of some of the stuff he promotes.
Here is how you shed pounds...consume less than you burn off. Eat healthy whole foods, stay away from simple carbs and processed foods and exercise. Really, thats it. Its not glamorous or flashy, or fun, buts its the only way. There may be some components to some supplements that can help with the process, but you have to do the process first in order for them to help.

Doesn't get any more simple than this.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:09 AM

1,270 posts, read 1,511,675 times
I never particularly liked the guy, but after seeing him invite Gary Taubes on the show to talk about his book "why we get fat", I now despise him. He wouldn't even let the poor guy talk. Instead he just slammed his ideas in a really snide, condescending way with a big smile on his face while doing everything he could to make it look like Gary's way of eating was obviously horrible. All because the book went against everything Dr Oz has ever stood for so he had to protect his image. It was so one sided. I never expected the two to agree, but a nice fair debate with both sides having equal opportunity to speak would have been much better. Oz is nothing but a shill.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:24 PM

18 posts, read 26,805 times
I think whether the raspberry ketones will help someone lose weight will depend on whether that person is taking it in addition to maintaining a healthy diet with proper portions....or whether that person continues to eat poorly (for example - greasy, high calorie foods for every meal) and expecting the raspberry ketones to magically melt away everything they've just eaten.

One of my co-workers has been taking it for the past few months and has been losing weight. It's probably because she's making healthier choices like eating salads for lunch, drinking fruit/veggie smoothies for breakfast, eating smaller portions, and exercising...but she did say that the raspberry ketones seemed to help curb her appetite.

Out of curiosity, I started taking some a few days ago too (one capsule per day for a total of 250mg) and also noticed that I haven't felt much hunger since then. So maybe it'll be easier for me to eat smaller portions! I'll report my findings after I finish my first bottle.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:03 AM

4,592 posts, read 5,707,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post

couldn't agree with you more, however, many ppl are lazy and want the easy way out. They firmly believe that a pill is going to cure all their fat issues.

These kinds of shows only continue to feed that belief and make those pushing it, a lot of damn money, while those taking it, are still fat and getting fatter.

Old 05-28-2012, 05:10 PM

177 posts, read 196,961 times
Thanks to all who have posted their opinions! Seems to be an interesting topic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss