U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 04:14 PM

15,731 posts, read 17,692,004 times

Advertisements

1-2 lbs a week is good, 3 lbs per week isn't so bad. I only dip into my 49 weekly points on weekends. But last night I had to use some because we went to a steakhouse for dinner for my hubby's birthday. My weekly points are 29. I don't always use all 29 sometimes I have 4 points left over by the end of the night. I would use my 49 points on weekends if I were you. I never use all 49 but I do use at least 10 out of the 49 points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 09:59 PM

36,376 posts, read 27,384,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
1-2 lbs a week is good, 3 lbs per week isn't so bad. I only dip into my 49 weekly points on weekends. But last night I had to use some because we went to a steakhouse for dinner for my hubby's birthday. My weekly points are 29. I don't always use all 29 sometimes I have 4 points left over by the end of the night. I would use my 49 points on weekends if I were you. I never use all 49 but I do use at least 10 out of the 49 points.
That makes sense.

I am not going to eat if I'm not hungry. Like right now, I still have seven points left - I didn't mean to, but I ended up skipping lunch and I hadn't had a big breakfast. I had a nice big salad loaded with all sorts of goodies including quinoa and boiled eggs, for dinner, and I'm having to FORCE down some yogurt because I know I need to get closer to what I'm supposed to be eating.

Hey, no worries on the extra points - I am leaving for a week of vacation in the morning! LOL

Old 08-11-2012, 09:34 AM

last night I had 13 points left over. That's unusual for me. But I wasn't too hungry and I ate alot of low point foods yesterday . I had a big cheat the night before even though I am considered "On Program" and I felt very bloated, so I went back on program next morning. I always do that, I always go back strict the next day. In past years I would cheat on WW then blow the program for the next 3 days. Not this time. I have a sweet 16 party for my niece tonight and I plan to do alot of dancing to earn activity points. I won't focus on the food as much.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:50 PM

6,076 posts, read 5,764,721 times
I have been doing Weight Watchers for the last five months, and have lost 31 pounds. The last two months have been a struggle, and I haven't lost very much, but I have been sticking with it and weighing in every week. I had stopped tracking my points for awhile, but last week I recommitted to it. I only used 1 extra point and exercised an hour every day, and only lost 1.6 pounds. I am sticking with it, though. I do need to do a better job of eating the right foods and not just foods that fit into my point allowance.

I know how to lose weight, but I really enjoy the meetings. I also like weighing in once a week, as I have decided not to keep a scale in the house. It just makes it worse for me if I have a scale to get on and obsess over every day.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:38 PM

3,981 posts, read 5,093,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
I have been doing Weight Watchers for the last five months, and have lost 31 pounds. The last two months have been a struggle, and I haven't lost very much, but I have been sticking with it and weighing in every week. I had stopped tracking my points for awhile, but last week I recommitted to it. I only used 1 extra point and exercised an hour every day, and only lost 1.6 pounds. I am sticking with it, though. I do need to do a better job of eating the right foods and not just foods that fit into my point allowance.

I know how to lose weight, but I really enjoy the meetings. I also like weighing in once a week, as I have decided not to keep a scale in the house. It just makes it worse for me if I have a scale to get on and obsess over every day.
1.6 lbs is a good loss for a week. Keep writing down what you eat and hang in there. You did not gain it fast, there is no reason to think that you would lose it fast. Its a process, and you are doing everything right.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:37 PM

6,076 posts, read 5,764,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
1.6 lbs is a good loss for a week. Keep writing down what you eat and hang in there. You did not gain it fast, there is no reason to think that you would lose it fast. Its a process, and you are doing everything right.
Oh, I know. I am in a pretty good place about it mentally, even the couple times I have had a gain. I have just had bigger losses in weeks where I didn't exercise nearly as much. A loss is a loss, though, and I will take it.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:27 PM

I had a gain this week 2 lbs I went out to eat Thursday night and indulged and last night at my neices sweet 16 I ate foods I normally do not eat.My SIL cooked all of the food except the 2 dishes we brought and the Hero she had. She is a great cook and her mac and cheese is the best I have ever had and I had a little too much of that and dessert last night. But I weighed in at a meeting today and went back on track today. I even went back on track all day Friday and half of Saturday. Thats is one thing I am committed to doing, go right back on track after having a big meal at a restaurant or party. I hope to loose this next week because this 2 lbs I gained was the 2 lbs I had lost 2 weeks ago.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:35 PM

3,981 posts, read 5,093,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I had a gain this week 2 lbs I went out to eat Thursday night and indulged and last night at my neices sweet 16 I ate foods I normally do not eat.My SIL cooked all of the food except the 2 dishes we brought and the Hero she had. She is a great cook and her mac and cheese is the best I have ever had and I had a little too much of that and dessert last night. But I weighed in at a meeting today and went back on track today. I even went back on track all day Friday and half of Saturday. Thats is one thing I am committed to doing, go right back on track after having a big meal at a restaurant or party. I hope to loose this next week because this 2 lbs I gained was the 2 lbs I had lost 2 weeks ago.
You have a great attitude Lubby. A gain can be so disheartening. What do you do for exercise? This may be the perfect time to switch things up. If you can do something different at a good intensity level you will really rev your metabolism and I bet you will knock that 2lbs back very easy.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
You have a great attitude Lubby. A gain can be so disheartening. What do you do for exercise? This may be the perfect time to switch things up. If you can do something different at a good intensity level you will really rev your metabolism and I bet you will knock that 2lbs back very easy.
No exercise, in fact I only did excercise the first 6 months of WW. I do other Stuff around the house that could be considered "Activity".

Old 08-18-2012, 05:32 PM

36,376 posts, read 27,384,345 times
Wow, I am so proud of everyone here who is sticking with WW! I love the attitudes! The meetings are very helpful.

I have a success to report! I went on vacation last week and didn't keep up with my points "officially" but I did watch what I ate pretty well, except for one really bad Italian food splurge! Hey, it's VACATION.

Anyway, I had gained a couple of pounds when I weighed the morning after we got in (very late the night before). I was a little disheartened, but noticed my feet looked swollen. Lo and behold, by the next day, I had lost that gained weight, and by today I had lost another pound! So Tuesday is my meeting, and I think I will be able to post a LOSS the week after a weeklong vacation - which was my goal!

Twenty five pounds to go! I just went over the 10 pound mark!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss