U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-18-2012, 06:02 PM
 
Location: Australia
4,004 posts, read 4,719,909 times
Reputation: 6733

Advertisements

I've had great success on WW in the past, but I just can't afford it at the moment.

I'm not working and just getting fatter and fatter...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-18-2012, 08:10 PM
 
Location: Wonderland
36,376 posts, read 27,397,539 times
Reputation: 49301
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I've had great success on WW in the past, but I just can't afford it at the moment.

I'm not working and just getting fatter and fatter...
I think not working has HELPED me lose weight - I don't eat out as much. That eating out will get you nearly every time!

Have you checked out the online WW program? I think it's very affordable if you're not going to the meetings. Also, you can try Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com - and plug in about 1500 calories a day or whatever that formula tells you to do. It's a great program and it's FREE. Similar to the WW website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2012, 09:27 AM
 
Location: Islip,NY
15,731 posts, read 17,698,354 times
Reputation: 15021
Lost 2.8 today total 54.6 lbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2012, 11:50 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
36,376 posts, read 27,397,539 times
Reputation: 49301
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Lost 2.8 today total 54.6 lbs.
That is FANTASTIC! CONGRATS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2012, 04:06 PM
 
Location: Islip,NY
15,731 posts, read 17,698,354 times
Reputation: 15021
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
That is FANTASTIC! CONGRATS!
Thanks I want to get to the 60 lb mark by end of september.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2012, 07:21 PM
 
Location: Wonderland
36,376 posts, read 27,397,539 times
Reputation: 49301
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Thanks I want to get to the 60 lb mark by end of september.
WOOHOO, that's just around the corner!

I lost a pound or two more so I'm up to 12 pounds lost so far and 23 pounds to go! Wow, that's like 1/3 of the way there already!

And my clothes are all loose on me so I need to go dig out my skinnier clothes soon - you KNOW I kept them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2012, 07:50 AM
 
Location: Islip,NY
15,731 posts, read 17,698,354 times
Reputation: 15021
My clothes are loose too even the newer ones I bought 3 months ago. I have shorts from last year that I bought in a smaller size, now they are so big they fall off me! Did you know that a small slice of friendly's wattamelon roll is only 4 points? I had some last night and it was very refreshing. It feels good to go clothes shopping when you are thinner. When I was heavier I hated buying clothes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2012, 09:28 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
36,376 posts, read 27,397,539 times
Reputation: 49301
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
My clothes are loose too even the newer ones I bought 3 months ago. I have shorts from last year that I bought in a smaller size, now they are so big they fall off me! Did you know that a small slice of friendly's wattamelon roll is only 4 points? I had some last night and it was very refreshing. It feels good to go clothes shopping when you are thinner. When I was heavier I hated buying clothes.
I know what you mean!

I am going to wait to buy new clothes if possible till I reach my goal weight (lost another pound when I got on the scales this morning!). I can make the tops work and I think I have some "skinny jeans" that I can dig out to carry me another ten pounds. I can't wait to get rid of all my size 14s!

I also noticed that I'm going to need new bras soon. That's a relief, considering that that accursed BACK FAT was getting out of control on me. I hate those rolls of fat that blend into the love handles! I am very glad that those were the first thing to go on me - I love my new waistline!

And I FINALLY LOST AN INCH in my upper arms - it just suddenly went away! I am so happy! I wore a sleeveless shirt yesterday to celebrate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2012, 10:59 AM
 
44,086 posts, read 44,179,159 times
Reputation: 46381
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I know what you mean!

I am going to wait to buy new clothes if possible till I reach my goal weight (lost another pound when I got on the scales this morning!). I can make the tops work and I think I have some "skinny jeans" that I can dig out to carry me another ten pounds. I can't wait to get rid of all my size 14s!

I also noticed that I'm going to need new bras soon. That's a relief, considering that that accursed BACK FAT was getting out of control on me. I hate those rolls of fat that blend into the love handles! I am very glad that those were the first thing to go on me - I love my new waistline!

And I FINALLY LOST AN INCH in my upper arms - it just suddenly went away! I am so happy! I wore a sleeveless shirt yesterday to celebrate!
You are the second person I've seen post today (the other was on another forum I visit) who has lost weight on WW! Congratulations.

I have done WW in the past, but I was always hungry, to the point where I couldn't even sleep well because I was so hungry all the time. How do you deal with that? It just isn't enough food. I know they say to stuff yourself with veggies, but that gets kind of gross after a while, and it really just makes you feel sick, not full.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2012, 11:36 AM
 
Location: St. Louis
6,518 posts, read 4,426,722 times
Reputation: 3707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I have done WW in the past, but I was always hungry, to the point where I couldn't even sleep well because I was so hungry all the time. How do you deal with that? It just isn't enough food. I know they say to stuff yourself with veggies, but that gets kind of gross after a while, and it really just makes you feel sick, not full.
Honestly, I'd encourage you to at least consider going on a low-carb diet, such as Atkins. It's tough at first if you primarily like to eat breads, pastas and cereals, but you never have to starve yourself. You can basically eat until you are full. Over time, and it doesn't take too long, your appetite will drop, so you will eat less.

And contrary to popular belief, low carb does not mean no carb. You can still eat most types of foods, you just have to cut out completely the really bad carbs (sugar, white flour) and eat controlled quantities of other carbs.

Just a friendly suggestion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top