Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 04:51 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,485,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by govmoneynvegas View Post
LOL I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk like that, not even a certified nutritionist! That's what all the vegetables and salads are for, sir. Do you need me to spell out the ingredients in a salad? I guess so:

govmoneynvegas's famous salad for Master Charles:
- handful of spinach
- 1 whole cucumber
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- sprinkle some walnuts
- sprinkle some sunflower seeds
- squirt of lemon
- dowse of extra virgin olive oil
- grilled salmon on top
- best crap you've taken all year

This is about losing weight, not over eating so you have extraordinary amounts of crap you don't need.

Make it one half cucumber and we can talk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 04:52 PM

5,284 posts, read 19,997,780 times
My doctor told me to always eat a 200 calorie snack 15 minutes before I work out (protein like peanut butter and 1/2 a banana). Because I often work out quite vigorously, I sometimes experience a little shakiness after exercising - thus the recommended snack before working out. It works for me.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:56 PM

141 posts, read 277,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Make it one half cucumber and we can talk.
the english cucumbers are huge, but i don't get those, they are too artificial and perfect. i go with a simple organic cucumber from california, usually much smaller and filled with a lot more flavor. cucumber has such an amazing aroma and light fresh flavor, you need something to couple with the bitterness of the spinach.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
My doctor told me to always eat a 200 calorie snack 15 minutes before I work out (protein like peanut butter and 1/2 a banana). Because I often work out quite vigorously, I sometimes experience a little shakiness after exercising - thus the recommended snack before working out. It works for me.
Are you consistently (even just a couple pound a week) loosing weight with that method though?

I can understand eating after the workout, but a balanced diet, sleep, enough water and proper breathing should do the trick to prepare you for the workout. But do what the doc says. Don't want you dying!

Old 11-29-2012, 05:02 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,010,021 times
Quote:
It just sounds like your not serious about losing weight. You can't use medication, special conditions and orange juice as excuses. People are just lazy and unwilling to change or try new things because they are afraid. It's not being judgmental, it's just fact. Suit yourself. Don't change. Continue down the same path. Hot sauce is great. Who doesn't like hot sauce? What does it do to you that you don't like? Not warm and creamy like some nasty cheap cheese? Hot sauce is one of the best things in the world. Opens up your senses. People all over the world enjoy hot/spicy.

HAHAHAHAHA..........what a JOKE........for YOUR INFORMATION which really is NONE of your business

I have ON MY OWN without fads, tons of exercise, pills or surgery lost a total of 500 POUNDS, yes I said 500 pounds.

I personally don't have weight issues any longer and I do not take medication that puts on weight but I do know people who have or currently do take medication that puts on weight.

I DO NOT LIKE HOT SAUCE, I do not like ANY SAUCE overall so if I CHOOSE to NOT eat hot sauce then I CHOOSE to NOT eat hot sauce. I don't like mushrooms either and a few of my friends do NOT LIKE HOT SAUCE or anything remotely close to spicy. That is their individual tastes and choice.

Another FYI.........I WILL SUIT MYSELF AND DO EXACTLY AS I HAVE BEEN DOING THE LAST FEW YEARS THAT I HAVE KEPT OFF THE 500 POUNDS IT TOOK ME 13 YEARS TO LOSE. I did that with a COMPLETE lifestyle change that is still a part of my lifestyle today.

So Mr. ASSume of the board, you certainly have proved the old saying that goes with that word today. Thank you in advance (I love volunteers who do that to themselves in just a few keystrokes) and have any kind of life you choose........

Old 11-29-2012, 05:05 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,010,021 times
Quote:
Consider yourself lucky that you don't gain weight, but you should still watch out for diabetes when you get older from eating all the sweets.

SWEETS does NOT CAUSE DIABETES.

Where do you come up with this stuff?????

PS~~~~~~~~~~~~ NOT EVERYONE LIKES SALAD AND VEGETABLES EITHER so the list you posted originally is basic crap to those who do not like the foods you listed and it really is NOT a good balance of all necessary food groups.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
HAHAHAHAHA..........what a JOKE........for YOUR INFORMATION which really is NONE of your business

I have ON MY OWN without fads, tons of exercise, pills or surgery lost a total of 500 POUNDS, yes I said 500 pounds.

I personally don't have weight issues any longer and I do not take medication that puts on weight but I do know people who have or currently do take medication that puts on weight.

I DO NOT LIKE HOT SAUCE, I do not like ANY SAUCE overall so if I CHOOSE to NOT eat hot sauce then I CHOOSE to NOT eat hot sauce. I don't like mushrooms either and a few of my friends do NOT LIKE HOT SAUCE or anything remotely close to spicy. That is their individual tastes and choice.

Another FYI.........I WILL SUIT MYSELF AND DO EXACTLY AS I HAVE BEEN DOING THE LAST FEW YEARS THAT I HAVE KEPT OFF THE 500 POUNDS IT TOOK ME 13 YEARS TO LOSE. I did that with a COMPLETE lifestyle change that is still a part of my lifestyle today.

So Mr. ASSume of the board, you certainly have proved the old saying that goes with that word today. Thank you in advance (I love volunteers who do that to themselves in just a few keystrokes) and have any kind of life you choose........
Glad you're okay now, and good job. Weight loss and changing eating habits is hard for people and definitely a sensitive topic for some. Let me know if any of the 20 techniques I posted work for you. If not, I have 20 more that can surely do the trick.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Are you consistently (even just a couple pound a week) loosing weight with that method though?

I can understand eating after the workout, but a balanced diet, sleep, enough water and proper breathing should do the trick to prepare you for the workout. But do what the doc says. Don't want you dying!
I am consisting losing weight - I have gone from a size 16 to an 8 over the last 11 months - I weighed myself this morning and I weigh 141 and I'm 5'9....I'd like to lose another 5 to 6 lbs and I realize that at some point I will need to begin eating a little more than I currently eat....my diet is fairly restricted - no gluten (celiac disease), vegan with no added fat or oils or refined sugar (I do eat 1 tbs. of honey several times a week), a couple pieces of gluten free bread per week (at the most) and a green smoothie for dinner. When I don't exercise, I lose weight more slowly but do not gain weight. When I exercise regularly and vigorously, I loose weight more quickly - 2 to 3 lbs. per week at this point. The shaky, weak feeling that I get sometimes is a little scary - my doctor feels that I may not be getting the dense carbs that my body needs when working out...just trying to follow doc's orders - the snack before exercising does seem to be working.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
I am losing weight - I have gone from a size 16 to an 8 - I weighed myself this morning and I weigh 141 and I'm 5'9....I'd like to lose another 5 to 6 lbs and I realize that at some point I will need to begin eating more than I currently eat....my diet is fairly restricted - no gluten (celiac disease), vegan with no added fat or oils, a green smoothie for dinner. When I don't exercise, I lose weight more slowly but do not gain weight. When I exercise regularly and vigorously, I loose weight more quickly - 2 to 3 lbs. per week at this point. The shaky, weak feeling that I get sometimes is a little scary - my doctor feels that I may not be getting the dense carbs that my body needs when working out...just trying to follow doc's orders - the snack before exercising does seem to be working.
What's your breakfast like and what time of the day do you work out?

Old 11-29-2012, 05:18 PM

3/4 cup of oatmeal with soy milk, flax seed meal and 3 walnut halves, 3/4 cup fruit - usually a little fresh grapefruit, 1/3 small banana and a few blueberries...and lots of water...I eat this same thing every day - it isn't a huge breakfast but it is nutritious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss