Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 08:28 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,844,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
you don't to work out an hour and a half per day and you don't have to do it 7 days a week. and those are all excuses i hear from obese people. they can do something to change their diet since it is 70% of the reason why they're fat to begin with. and then they **** and moan about how their life sucks and take it out on other people. if they spent more time putting down the fork and getting on the treadmill, they would better cope with stress and wouldn't snap out on people
Look here. YOU said that you work out an hour and a half per day, often to the point of throwing up, and that is one way you lost so much weight in just a week.

What I was saying is that as life becomes more full of things other than just OURSELVES, it becomes very difficult to work out for an hour and a half each day. It is also probably not a good practice - not a HEALTHY practice long term - to push one's body to the point of puking regularly. Over time, one's body will probably rebel in the form of injuries, stress related illnesses, etc.

I wasn't making ANY excuses for not being able to work out regularly in a healthy manner -which I do, at age fifty. I'm eat a very healthy diet and enjoy a healthy lifestyle so I don't need any excuses.

You're missing my point entirely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 08:46 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,206,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Look here. YOU said that you work out an hour and a half per day, often to the point of throwing up, and that is one way you lost so much weight in just a week.

What I was saying is that as life becomes more full of things other than just OURSELVES, it becomes very difficult to work out for an hour and a half each day. It is also probably not a good practice - not a HEALTHY practice long term - to push one's body to the point of puking regularly. Over time, one's body will probably rebel in the form of injuries, stress related illnesses, etc.

I wasn't making ANY excuses for not being able to work out regularly in a healthy manner -which I do, at age fifty. I'm eat a very healthy diet and enjoy a healthy lifestyle so I don't need any excuses.

You're missing my point entirely.
it gets harder to achieve puke intensity each time i workout...last time was a week ago. i can't always help that i get into my workout. the music i play is partially to blame and i am angry 25% of the time for various reasons(it's a release for me). i don't always work out for an hour and a half(it's 45-60 minutes most times). most of the time, it is just my side that feels like exploding. it is not a long term thing. where are you telling me to look again? i didn't say you didn't work out regularly. have a glass of wine or something...calm yourself. life sucks pretty bad most of the time for me. instead of letting it get in the way, i let it work to my advantage so that i can clear the negative energy from my body and start making positive things happen so that life doesn't suck so much. maybe if people would channel their anger that way they wouldn't take out their frustrations on a college student employee at a supermarket. i know it makes me feel alot better. i don't quite feel like strangling people as much. however, after visiting this forum, i think another workout may be in order soon.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
it gets harder to achieve puke intensity each time i workout...last time was a week ago. i can't always help that i get into my workout. the music i play is partially to blame and i am angry 25% of the time for various reasons(it's a release for me). i don't always work out for an hour and a half(it's 45-60 minutes most times). most of the time, it is just my side that feels like exploding. it is not a long term thing. where are you telling me to look again? i didn't say you didn't work out regularly. have a glass of wine or something...calm yourself. life sucks pretty bad most of the time for me. instead of letting it get in the way, i let it work to my advantage so that i can clear the negative energy from my body and start making positive things happen so that life doesn't suck so much. maybe if people would channel their anger that way they wouldn't take out their frustrations on a college student employee at a supermarket. i know it makes me feel alot better. i don't quite feel like strangling people as much. however, after visiting this forum, i think another workout may be in order soon.
LOL sounds like you're the one with the anger problems. I assure you that I'm as calm and happy as a sunny day! But by all means, keep working out whatever way you see fit, if it keeps you from strangling people.

You're still missing my point by the way. I'm not going to repeat myself again though - I'm totally wasting my time trying to carry on a logical conversation with you.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
LOL sounds like you're the one with the anger problems. I assure you that I'm as calm and happy as a sunny day! But by all means, keep working out whatever way you see fit, if it keeps you from strangling people.

You're still missing my point by the way. I'm not going to repeat myself again though - I'm totally wasting my time trying to carry on a logical conversation with you.
i do have anger problems at times, but i keep it under control. that's great that you're calm and happy. i wanna be just like you when i reach 50 years old you never had a point to miss. even if you did, you're just stating the obvious. and you seem like you are angry from your last comment there. it's no surprise that my worst customers at work have been people your age and up

Old 01-13-2013, 09:49 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,707,381 times
Quote:

it is not 100% of the problem. it is 70% and i stand by my statement. i've read up plenty about nutrition and i use an elliptical most of the time.

doubtful. i only react defensively when people lecture me on how to behave on a forum. give me a break

Actually diet is 100% the reason someone is fat or not. You don't need to exercise to lose weight.
You only need to not overeat for your weight and activity level.

You must do more reading. Pushing yourself to the point of vomiting can be an indicator of heart strain and doesn't make you hard core. It just stupid and dangerous. You are not pushing to the next level. You are pushing at a level your body is not fit for yet. Or you are not doing your cool down properly and just stop which will make someone vomit. Or your electrolytes are off which is also dangerous and can make you vomit. There are other reasons too but basically you are doing it wrong.

I don't see what using an elliptical has to do with anything other than it shows me you don't switch up your workouts. You are over-training and not putting enough variety into what you do. So maybe you should focus that energy on improving your knowledge base and practice before you try to instruct others to take up dangerous advice by mirroring what you do as if it were the solution at all.

But trying to make yourself vomit after every exercise is abnormal. You need to learn to do it safely and if you refuse maybe you have a deeper seeded problem that would best left discussed with a professional.

p.s. I don't know if you are taking supps or anything right now...but if you are you should review the side effects. They can make you aggressive or angry. Overworking out also can deplete the serotonin(stress,lack of nutritional support). Look at that stuff too.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Actually diet is 100% the reason someone is fat or not. You don't need to exercise to lose weight.
You only need to not overeat for your weight and activity level.

You must do more reading. Pushing yourself to the point of vomiting can be an indicator of heart strain and doesn't make you hard core. It just stupid and dangerous. You are not pushing to the next level. You are pushing at a level your body is not fit for yet. Or you are not doing your cool down properly and just stop which will make someone vomit. Or your electrolytes are off which is also dangerous and can make you vomit. There are other reasons too but basically you are doing it wrong.

I don't see what using an elliptical has to do with anything other than it shows me you don't switch up your workouts. You are over-training and not putting enough variety into what you do. So maybe you should focus that energy on improving your knowledge base and practice before you try to instruct others to take up dangerous advice by mirroring what you do as if it were the solution at all.

But trying to make yourself vomit after every exercise is abnormal. You need to learn to do it safely and if you refuse maybe you have a deeper seeded problem that would best left discussed with a professional.

p.s. I don't know if you are taking supps or anything right now...but if you are you should review the side effects. They can make you aggressive or angry. Overworking out also can deplete the serotonin(stress,lack of nutritional support). Look at that stuff too.
i didn't say that i vomited after every workout. wtf??? i get a little nauseous once in a great while after a tough workout. usually when i redline my heart rate at 185-190. i do treadmills, bikes, and resistance too

Old 01-13-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
i do have anger problems at times, but i keep it under control. that's great that you're calm and happy. i wanna be just like you when i reach 50 years old you never had a point to miss. even if you did, you're just stating the obvious. and you seem like you are angry from your last comment there. it's no surprise that my worst customers at work have been people your age and up
Like I said - totally missing my point - again.

May I suggest that this may play some role in the frustration your customers express toward you? If you're anything in real life like you are on this forum, I'm not at all surprised that you have issues with customers.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Like I said - totally missing my point - again.

May I suggest that this may play some role in the frustration your customers express toward you? If you're anything in real life like you are on this forum, I'm not at all surprised that you have issues with customers.
oh, you really think so? i was employee of the month because of my customer service(not that it has got me far). i keep my anger bottled up and i don't express it to customers. this forum is an outlet for me to vent my frustrations. yes, i am blunt and outspoken. i can't be that way with customers. i really don't see that as a problem. you keep complaining that you're wasting time talking to me. yet you keep coming back. why don't you take your own advice and stop wasting your time?

Old 01-13-2013, 10:55 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,041 times
I work out for an hour and a half and I work out hard. But I never bring myself to the point of nausea. What would be the point of that? Sounds more like an obsession than a healthy pursuit.
No one needs to work out that hard unless they are in training for some extreme competition, and then only a few times.
But hey, if working out until nausea is your bag, go for it. But you are ripe for an injury.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:56 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,707,381 times
Quote:
i didn't say that i vomited after every workout. wtf??? i get a little nauseous once in a great while after a tough workout. usually when i redline my heart rate at 185-190. i do treadmills, bikes, and resistance too
WTF indeed. You should try to avoid it.

Quote:
Heart Rate Zones For Training | LIVESTRONG.COM

You should not be red lining as its for professional level of fitness. Are you?

I can't tell you what your target heart rate should be without individual factors but in general the practice of red lining is not advised for the time you posted.

The Five Heart Rate Zones and Using Them in Your Workouts

Heart rate zones | Running for Fitness

That article above is about walking but it covers red-lining and how it should only be used in short bursts for the fully fit individual.

Slightly off topic but its good to know for all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss