Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 10:58 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,208,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I work out for an hour and a half and I work out hard. But I never bring myself to the point of nausea. What would be the point of that? Sounds more like an obsession than a healthy pursuit.
No one needs to work out that hard unless they are in training for some extreme competition, and then only a few times.
But hey, if working out until nausea is your bag, go for it. But you are ripe for an injury.
it only happened on the first day i started burning it at both ends because i wasn't used to it, ffs. i haven't felt that way in over a week. you people are hung up on this like a cat with a ball of string.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 11:29 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
oh, you really think so? i was employee of the month because of my customer service(not that it has got me far). i keep my anger bottled up and i don't express it to customers. this forum is an outlet for me to vent my frustrations. yes, i am blunt and outspoken. i can't be that way with customers. i really don't see that as a problem. you keep complaining that you're wasting time talking to me. yet you keep coming back. why don't you take your own advice and stop wasting your time?
I have time to waste. Carry on.

By the way, congrats on your award. I'm glad for your company, and your customers, but you're likely to get an ulcer along with that customer service reward.

It sounds to me like you have some deep seated issues that you need to address and move beyond in order to be a truly joyful and calm person inside and out. Working out like a madman, losing and regaining and losing weight like a yoyo, and using internet forums to express your general anger and frustration with life are all activities that may fix the problem for the short haul, but can be very unhealthy in the long run.

Hope you find some peace of mind one day.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I have time to waste. Carry on.

By the way, congrats on your award. I'm glad for your company, and your customers, but you're likely to get an ulcer along with that customer service reward.

It sounds to me like you have some deep seated issues that you need to address and move beyond in order to be a truly joyful and calm person inside and out. Working out like a madman, losing and regaining and losing weight like a yoyo, and using internet forums to express your general anger and frustration with life are all activities that may fix the problem for the short haul, but can be very unhealthy in the long run.

Hope you find some peace of mind one day.
it's a menial accomplishment. i will probably not be there much longer.

i don't just do those things to express my frustration. i also rob convenience stores and do crystal meth with homeless people

i love how older people automatically think they have everyone figured out. i find it quite entertaining

Old 01-14-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
it's a menial accomplishment. i will probably not be there much longer.
By golly, I believe you.

Quote:
i love how older people automatically think they have everyone figured out. i find it quite entertaining
I love how "younger people" think that "older people" are so judgmental - and how they prefer to learn lessons the hard way rather than taking advantage of the wisdom that time and experience so often impart on those who precede them.

Like I said - carry on! Sounds like you're the one who thinks you've got everything figured out. Hell, I know for a FACT that I don't.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
By golly, I believe you.
good for you. make all the assumptions you want, but i am done with school in two months and at a crossroads.

Quote:
I love how "younger people" think that "older people" are so judgmental - and how they prefer to learn lessons the hard way rather than taking advantage of the wisdom that time and experience so often impart on those who precede them.
the judgmental part is true. i'm not even sure of the point you're trying to make or what "wisdom" you're trying to impart. i pushed myself hard for a few days after new years to help burn off some holiday weight. and it worked...big deal. and all of a sudden, everyone says it's not healthy. sometimes, you just gotta test your limits 5% of the time and see what you're capable of...it's not a bad thing

Quote:
Like I said - carry on! Sounds like you're the one who thinks you've got everything figured out. Hell, I know for a FACT that I don't.
you assume i'm a know-it-all because i'm set in my ways about how i view fitness? how shallow.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
good for you. make all the assumptions you want, but i am done with school in two months and at a crossroads.

the judgmental part is true. i'm not even sure of the point you're trying to make or what "wisdom" you're trying to impart. i pushed myself hard for a few days after new years to help burn off some holiday weight. and it worked...big deal. and all of a sudden, everyone says it's not healthy. sometimes, you just gotta test your limits 5% of the time and see what you're capable of...it's not a bad thing

you assume i'm a know-it-all because i'm set in my ways about how i view fitness? how shallow.
No. I don't have to assume much about my assessment of you - you have very eloquently put your character on display for all to see.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:50 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,453,206 times
Like many others, I gained 8 lbs from 31 Oct to 02Jan. I have lost 4 lbs since 02Jan and have 4 more to go. I go to the gym most days, and I am counting every single calorie (thanks FitDay.Com), I will have the other 4 lbs off before Valentines Day. the key to keeping it off is to take it off shortly after you put it on and don't fall for the Winter comfort food/couch potato frame of mind.

I encourage anyone who put on weight after the holidays to stop beating yourselves up, make a plan and stick to it. I can promise you, if you want to drop the weight, you can and will. will power is important, but so is a well thought out plan.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
No. I don't have to assume much about my assessment of you - you have very eloquently put your character on display for all to see.
it's a good thing you didn't elaborate...don't really care about your assessment anyway

Old 01-16-2013, 09:25 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,819,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
Like many others, I gained 8 lbs from 31 Oct to 02Jan. I have lost 4 lbs since 02Jan and have 4 more to go. I go to the gym most days, and I am counting every single calorie (thanks FitDay.Com), I will have the other 4 lbs off before Valentines Day. the key to keeping it off is to take it off shortly after you put it on and don't fall for the Winter comfort food/couch potato frame of mind.

I encourage anyone who put on weight after the holidays to stop beating yourselves up, make a plan and stick to it. I can promise you, if you want to drop the weight, you can and will. will power is important, but so is a well thought out plan.
Simple, logical plans are not taken very well here. Only a few adhere to this prescription, the rest fight it.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:28 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,819,357 times
Quote:
it only happened on the first day i started burning it at both ends because i wasn't used to it, ffs. i haven't felt that way in over a week. you people are hung up on this like a cat with a ball of string.
Maybe you should have stated that in your post. I am not hung up on anything, but when you say you work out to puke level I would say that is not the healthiest approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss