U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-29-2012, 06:43 PM

2,580 posts, read 4,256,278 times
Default Weight Watchers 360?

Does anyone know the difference between the new Weight Watchers 360 plan and the points plan?

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 08:47 PM

88 posts, read 138,532 times
WW 360 still uses the points plus, nothing has changed as far as the points program goes. The 360 program just is an enhancement basically, and it is more geared towards etools. The Etools adds "spaces" and "routines" in addition to tracking food and activity.

It is more about adding healthy routines and habits and controlling your environments, no changes to points.

I hope that helps! I have been on WW since Feb and they rolled the changes out for existing members last month. I love it!

Old 12-30-2012, 12:14 PM

2,580 posts, read 4,256,278 times
thanks!

Old 01-12-2013, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 21,171 times
I love this program because it helps me to stay on track and I am now beginning to watch what I eat. I use to eat whatever and whenever I wanted to but now old habits are starting to change because I am more aware of what I am doing. It's mostly out of being board and emotional eating. I think twice before I decide to pop that not so good for me idem in my mouth. I am exercising more too. Thank You WW
Mae 60

Old 01-14-2013, 01:04 PM

271 posts, read 886,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calitransplant27 View Post
WW 360 still uses the points plus, nothing has changed as far as the points program goes. The 360 program just is an enhancement basically, and it is more geared towards etools. The Etools adds "spaces" and "routines" in addition to tracking food and activity.

It is more about adding healthy routines and habits and controlling your environments, no changes to points.

I hope that helps! I have been on WW since Feb and they rolled the changes out for existing members last month. I love it!

So, if you just go to weekly Weight Watchers meetings but don't use Etools, there's no change from the Points Plus program?

I've used WW in the past and lost weight, last time was about two years ago. At that time, w/ free registration & the weekly fee, all the program materials (first week intro materials plus weekly materials) were included at no extra charge-- is this still true?

I'm planning to re-join WW but all I want to do is go to weekly meetings (don't plan to use Etools and don't have a smartphone to use any Apps.) Just want to pay the weekly fee on a pay-as you-go basis, nothing more-- is this still possible? Or do you have to pay an additional amount now just to get the basic program materials??

Thanks for any help w/ this info.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:58 PM

18,312 posts, read 13,835,205 times
Yes it is still possible to attend meetings and pay as you go without the 360. I think it is bit less. Not sure my wife and I pay a month at a time.

I like the WW 360 and am making use of it.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:21 PM

11,151 posts, read 7,523,452 times
Yes you can pay weekly but in the long run it's more expensive IMO. If you choose not to pay the monthy fee of $42.95( It was $39.95 when I joined in 2011 and still is) you will have to track your food and points manually in a tracker they give you every week. I love my E-tools and hate tracking on paper. I use many recipes on WW website too.Plus if you pay weekly and skip a meeting that week you have to pay double the next time you go, with the monthly plan you don't pay for missed meetings.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:14 PM

271 posts, read 886,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Yes you can pay weekly but in the long run it's more expensive IMO. If you choose not to pay the monthy fee of $42.95( It was $39.95 when I joined in 2011 and still is) you will have to track your food and points manually in a tracker they give you every week. I love my E-tools and hate tracking on paper. I use many recipes on WW website too.Plus if you pay weekly and skip a meeting that week you have to pay double the next time you go, with the monthly plan you don't pay for missed meetings.
Quote:
you can pay weekly but in the long run it's more expensive IMO. If you choose not to pay the monthy fee of $42.95
-- My problem with paying the monthly $42.95 fee is that they automatically renew it each month. And I don't do anything that involves auto-renew on a credit card or checking account due to bad experiences in the past, difficulties with cancelling this type of arrangement.

Quote:
you will have to track your food and points manually in a tracker they give you every week
--I have no problem with tracking my food/points manually on paper, I'm in my 50s & guess I'm Old School that way. And I can do WW without using E-tools, there's plenty of free info available thru the the WW website, plus lots of other free online resources.

Quote:
if you pay weekly and skip a meeting that week you have to pay double the next time you go
--
Huh? In the my past, when I was doing WW, they allowed 3 skipped meetings a year before having to pay for a missed meeting, isn't that still true? (And hey, if you have too many missed meetings it's just as easy to just re-join during a free registration period to avoid paying for the missed meeting, I've done that before with no problem!)

Still haven't received an answer to my previous question: Do you now have to pay an additional amount (on top of the weekly fee) just to get the basic WW program materials??
I think that Weight Watchers is a great food plan for healthy weight loss, but they're not a philanthropic charity, they're a money-making business & always trying to get more $$ out of you. I'm on a budget and have to watch out for all these extra (unnecessary) charges, it can all add up!

Old 01-18-2013, 01:38 PM

88 posts, read 138,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie09 View Post
So, if you just go to weekly Weight Watchers meetings but don't use Etools, there's no change from the Points Plus program?

I've used WW in the past and lost weight, last time was about two years ago. At that time, w/ free registration & the weekly fee, all the program materials (first week intro materials plus weekly materials) were included at no extra charge-- is this still true?

I'm planning to re-join WW but all I want to do is go to weekly meetings (don't plan to use Etools and don't have a smartphone to use any Apps.) Just want to pay the weekly fee on a pay-as you-go basis, nothing more-- is this still possible? Or do you have to pay an additional amount now just to get the basic program materials??

Thanks for any help w/ this info.
At the meetings it is still the Points Plus program as well. The difference is that the topics are more around enforcing positive and realistic routines and managing your spaces. Just like online. For example, this week we talked about managing the kitchen - specifically the fridge layout- and the routine of eating a fruit or veggie with every meal/snack.

If you rejoin I don't think you would have to pay extra for the new materials. They just gave them to for free when it changed. However if for some reason there is a charge I wouldn't recommend paying if you still have your old points plus materials. It's really not that big of a change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss