Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 10:05 AM

470 posts, read 438,465 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if anyone has tried the new fasting diet with success.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:54 AM

34 posts, read 77,311 times
Fasting diet often fails as it slow the metabolism and it lowers the burning of calories. Again fasting results in eating more food after diet over.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:01 PM

123 posts, read 245,965 times
Yes, it is a great diet and it works. I have tried to explain it before to the people on this board, but people here don't like to read or learn. They just like to disagree for the sake of disagreeing.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:26 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
Just wondering if anyone has tried the new fasting diet with success.
What's the definition of "success"?

Old 03-29-2013, 06:16 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
What's the definition of "success"?
Yeah this is not a question anyone can answer. If the diet is "new" (according to the OP's post), then by definition, there can be no measure of success yet. It hasn't been around long enough for anyone to be successful.

By success - I mean a sustainable weight loss that actually sustains for a reasonable period of time. So let's just be REALLY conservative here:

If you hit your goal - and stay within a 10-pound range up or down of that goal, for a period of 1 year..then that would be one possible measure of success.

Since this is a "new" diet, it stands to reason it hasn't been out for a full year, PLUS however long it might take for someone to reach their goal. And so, there's no way to determine if it's successful or not.

And that's using my criteria, which is very, very generously conservative. Generally, a "sustainable" weight would be a range of 5 pounds up or down, within a 3 year period. I'm giving another 5 pounds, and only making you sustain it for one. And even still - any new diet can't qualify.

If it IS old enough to qualify, then it's not a new diet.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Yeah this is not a question anyone can answer. If the diet is "new" (according to the OP's post), then by definition, there can be no measure of success yet. It hasn't been around long enough for anyone to be successful.

By success - I mean a sustainable weight loss that actually sustains for a reasonable period of time. So let's just be REALLY conservative here:

If you hit your goal - and stay within a 10-pound range up or down of that goal, for a period of 1 year..then that would be one possible measure of success.

Since this is a "new" diet, it stands to reason it hasn't been out for a full year, PLUS however long it might take for someone to reach their goal. And so, there's no way to determine if it's successful or not.

And that's using my criteria, which is very, very generously conservative. Generally, a "sustainable" weight would be a range of 5 pounds up or down, within a 3 year period. I'm giving another 5 pounds, and only making you sustain it for one. And even still - any new diet can't qualify.

If it IS old enough to qualify, then it's not a new diet.
Anon, you are very negative about any sort of diet that anyone claims any success on. I have to wonder about your own situation. I get the feeling that you might be someone who has struggled with weight issues for a long time, and perhaps that is the reason for your negativity.

I have posted on an earlier thread several links to studies and other scientific information about this diet, yet it is very clear from your posts that you haven't read anything or done any research. You only goal in posting on these threads is to knock down anything anyone has to say. In fact, you seem to be more of a troll than anything.

As I have said before, if you would be a little bit more positive and read a bit more, you might be able to find some success in your own weight loss program.

I do hope your situation improves.

BP

Old 03-30-2013, 12:14 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,819,357 times
Fasting is not a sustainable way to lose weight. You will lose weight, thats for sure. But when you go back to eating normally you will just gain all the weight back, plus some added pounds. In order for any plan to be a success is not that you lose weight on it, its that you are able to keep the weight off.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:18 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
you will just gain all the weight back, plus some added pounds.
Geez, everyone is so negative on this forum.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Geez, everyone is so negative on this forum.
Hi Charles,

This is because there area a lot of fat, overweight people who have given up. Nothing has worked for them, so they figure nothing works. Some people like to put the blame elsewhere as opposed to taking responsibility for there own obesity. Sad but true.

BP

Old 03-31-2013, 01:25 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,100 times
Blueberry...would you mind posting the links again? Im not afraid to read and learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss