Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 01:34 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,640,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacman View Post
Most people are living away from their natural habitat(the tropics). That's why we all live in houses, have heaters, and eat meat.

I do not have diarrhea. That goes away in a few days. Sugar in fruit isn't crazy. It's natural. We run on it. Carbs are in every food.

Insanity is eating whatever a factory creates without thinking.

btw "Shill" is not name-calling. It's a person putting on a fake front. Anonchick just gave a clue to her real motivation: "I'd miss bacon and beef"

"Seems"? May? Guess. Likely. Some.
I see these words a lot. Not scientific. Fruit and veg has all "Essential" nutrients(we make the rest). The ones it seems low in are the ones set too high by the US gov: Iron, calcium, fat. And by coincidence, they're the one's that meat and dairy are high in.(see meat and dairy lobbyists). The food pyrimid is always changing because it's always been wrong(arbitrary, Not scientific)

I got your study right here
We'll never get real studies on this. Why? Studies take a lot of funding, and it's only worth it for business purposes(swaying the public). We don't need studies; we have real life:

Supporters of high-fruit/vegan diet:

Sir Arthur Keith
Paleontologist H.M. Ami
John Harvey Kellogg
InternationalOlympic committee

Bonoboes, fruit-bats and bees live on ONLY fruit. Jay the Juiceman is 95 (mostly fruitarian/ all vegan for 65 years

High-fruit societies: The Fruitarian in Sri Lanka - YouTube

You can prove to yourself that this diet works by researching the people workin' it.
Bonobo monkeys are not vegetarians, and do not eat -only- fruit. According to ^ Ihobe H (1992). "Observations on the meat-eating behavior of wild bonobos (Pan paniscus) at Wamba, Republic of Zaire". Primates 33 (2): 247–250. doi:10.1007/BF02382754. -

Bonobo monkeys eat mostly fruit, and supplement their diet with leaves, meat from vertebrate animals such as the flying squirrel and anomalure, invertebrates, and they have also been observed in the wild consuming lower primates.

The diets of other species such as bees and bats has nothing to do with anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 01:42 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,721,055 times
IMO, it's a very bad idea. Fruit is extremely high in sugar, and that's bad for the body. There's a reason why you always see serving sizes of "half a grapefruit" or "half a banana."

Sugar, regardless of its source, can wreak havoc on many organs.

Old 12-22-2013, 02:16 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,684,258 times
if you like your teeth, dont do it. thats a hell of a lot of sugar

Old 12-23-2013, 11:04 AM

192 posts, read 249,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
IMO, ...bad idea. Fruit is extremely high in sugar, ... bad for the body.
IMO? Opinion? That has nothing to do with science(reality). The reality is, high-fruit diets are kicking butt! If you look into (which I can tell you haven't) you'll see the truth I'm trying to share with people.

Sugar isn't bad for the body; the body RUNS on sugar(that's why it's in EVERY food.

Quote:
There's a reason why you always see serving sizes of "half a grapefruit" or "half a banana."

Everybody else has been tricked away from their natural food (this helps the medical and meat industries). Look around: the more fruit one eats, they healthier they are.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:48 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,764,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacman View Post
IMO? Opinion? That has nothing to do with science(reality). The reality is, high-fruit diets are kicking butt! If you look into (which I can tell you haven't) you'll see the truth I'm trying to share with people.

Sugar isn't bad for the body; the body RUNS on sugar(that's why it's in EVERY food.

Everybody else has been tricked away from their natural food (this helps the medical and meat industries). Look around: the more fruit one eats, they healthier they are.
Tricked? I do not think so. You may want to look in the mirror when accusing someone of being tricked.
What do those pictures have to do with your point? Do they eat fruit exclusively? Or are you just posting pictures off the internet of healthy looking people eating fruit? I would call that false advertising. And the baby and the raccoon? Cute but pointless.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:25 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,793,797 times
I don't think there are enough people who follow this type of diet to know what the health complications or benefits could be. You cant just pick a few people who lived to 90 plus. I know 90 year olds who smoked there whole life and ate junk food everyday. My point with that is I would not suggest to a young person to follow a diet of junk and to smoke. That 90 year old who did just was lucky they did not have the complications.
Even if this diet were healthy for the body which in my opinion is not mentally I don't feel it is because it is so rigid and obsessive. I was reading how this fruitarian type diet is very similar to anorexia in the mindset. Also how for many who follow this diet that they have a bmi of an anorexic because it is very hard to maintain a healthy weight on this type of diet.

Old 12-24-2013, 07:36 PM

192 posts, read 249,003 times
I had skepticism too. I don't recommend people go this far unless they learn about it. I learned enough over 5 years to know this diet is solid(natural) and that's the reason I'm doing it.

To me, fruitarian means mostly fruit. It's the way all primates eat. What would you suggest people eat to avoid the problems people have?

And why is all the skepticism directed toward me, and not....

* the un-natural diet our unhealthy society eats
* why there's so much anti-fruit sentiment when it the most natural food for humans, hmmm
* the shills and trolls with their obvious trickery (that I've exposed here)

And why are y'all still responding to a topic you don't care for, after 10 days? I've been ready to move on (to share my gift with other people)

Old 12-24-2013, 11:30 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,793,797 times
Sacman I agree with you that many people follow unhealthy diets whether like I said I have to much junk food or people who lets say go very high protein. In general unless a person has an intolerance or allergy I feel moderation of all foods is best for the mind and body.
Part of why I came to this thread was based on an question I asked you earlier if you has any health problems leading up to making the choice to follow this diet. I have non diet related health problems though some people have found following different nutrition guidelines to help.
Lastly if you find this lifestyle works for you then that is what is important. You have to know that you will get some critical feedback when you follow a path that is not the norm. I don't think you deserve hurtful comments though.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:44 PM

1,151 posts, read 2,132,950 times
I can agree that the health of this country is pretty bad. The issues I have is you touting the lifestyle as the best way to live as a human. You can't compare animals to us. You just cant. Until they have the ability to speak and act like a human, then we will say they are a good comparison. But there is this idea in the natural food community that we must make a hard left into extreme lifestyles that our bodies aren't suited for. There have been analysis that shows fruitarian diets can cause serious and very quick health issues. Now you seem happy and fine with the decision, I'm happy for you.

So what you are saying when you say primates eat this way, don't they also eat other primates? Aren't they opportunists as well? We all could use more fruit and veggies in our lives, but that doesn't mean we should restrict all that is out there because we are searching for this miracle diet that will make us feel amazing.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:28 AM

17,899 posts, read 27,290,637 times
So when you say fruit, you can include;

Avocado, coconut, fig, various nuts, olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, squash and zucchini, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss