Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 11:50 AM

3,550 posts, read 1,548,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTrashed View Post
Loving food doesn´t mean you can´t lose weight. Just start by using healthier products/ingredients. As much fresh and whole as possible and as little processed and refined as possible. Exercise has nothing to do with it.
Follow this advice. Exercise is good for your body and your mind, but not for weight loss.

I think you're going to have to stop seeing your Dr. as often as you do. Like tofur said, gradually reduce your intake. There's really no need to go cold turkey and be miserable, it might just make you want to quit. But only you know yourself, so if you're an "all or nothing " type, eliminate soda altogether if you think it'll work for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 01:38 PM

155 posts, read 189,337 times
Definitely not the All or Nothing type. I get migraines when I stop drinking it. I can cut back, I've only had 1 today since I read that earlier I'm dying over here

I love my Dr. He is the only Dr. I have that doesn't give me grief, lol.

Old 05-05-2014, 02:02 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned Aunt 936 View Post
Definitely not the All or Nothing type. I get migraines when I stop drinking it. I can cut back, I've only had 1 today since I read that earlier I'm dying over here

I love my Dr. He is the only Dr. I have that doesn't give me grief, lol.
Can you at least switch to diet Dr. while you're trying to wean yourself off?

Old 05-05-2014, 02:35 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
Quote:
So, I've recently have been relieved of a 4.5 yr relationship. I never thought about how much weight I actually gained throughout these past years, until now . What the H happened!!

I hate exercising, but have just started walking 4 miles a day, working my off (literally, I'm a general contractor), and watching my calorie intake.

This SUCKS!!!! I LOVE food, I like cooking it and getting the awesome compliments from the kiddos. This is so hard, any advice for a newly single mom, with a fat a$$.....
Quote:
I drink more than 5 a day I'm addicted to my Dr.

My heart is completely broken ------ And I thought the break up was bad, lol.
You're drinking 750 empty calories a day. I think that's the answer to "where did all this weight come from?"

Old 05-05-2014, 02:40 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,221,448 times
I think it is funny how many people justify weight gained in marriage as "stress weight" and all the other things it is blamed on when in fact it is almost always because the person was comfortable and let themselves go. Since they no longer had to find a mate they didn't put in the effort to keep themselves fit and looking good. Funny how after a divorce everyone is at the gym getting back into shape.

I'm guilty of being comfortable and packing on extra pounds during my 27 years of marriage but at least I'm honest about why.

To the OP, good luck in getting back down to where you want to be. I know from personal experience that it is a struggle. And get off those five Dr. Peppers a day, that stuff will kill you.

Old 05-05-2014, 02:53 PM

I never said "stress weight", and I'm not blaming anyone, only myself. I said I hadn't noticed it until now.

I love my D.P., Mountain Dew will kill ya. No pain, no gain!!

Old 05-05-2014, 02:54 PM

I'm stressing over the weight I've noticed, lol

Old 05-05-2014, 03:00 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,221,448 times
Quote:
I never said "stress weight", and I'm not blaming anyone, only myself. I said I hadn't noticed it until now.

I love my D.P., Mountain Dew will kill ya. No pain, no gain!!
That part of my post was to the other poster that posted after you. The part directed at you was after the "To the OP".

Old 05-05-2014, 04:35 PM

Old 05-07-2014, 03:42 PM

I am doing it, it's KILLING me, but I'm doing it I'm down 5 lbs, and cut back the DP. I have one when I start getting a headache. 2 Days ago I had 3 DP's and today I've only had 1. The day isn't over yet, but a work in progress it is!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss