Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 08:48 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me1313 View Post
These are the steps I have followed with my husband and he has lost 13 pounds so far in 25 days:

Always have breakfast. Try to eat as soon as you wake up.
Eat every two hours.
Eat only chicken, lean beef (no pork), low fat cheese, low fat lactose free milk, low fat sugar-free yogurt, turkey ham, fish, low carb fruits and veggies.
All food preparation must be grilled, get rid of the fat.
Do not eat Salmon or tuna. Other sea food is allowed (oysters, shrimp, crab)
Drink water, tea and coffee (no more than 2 cups)
You can use organic stevia.
Eat egg whites but not the yolks.
Always eat the protein first, then you move to the fruit or veggie.
Do not eat anything that has been processed.
Do not eat any bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, avocado, pineapple, bananas, nuts (food high in carbs), sugar, honey, chocolate, etc.
Do not add any oil or vinegar to your salads or meal preparation. You can use herbs, condiments, salt or lemon for seasoning.
Drink low fat lactose free milk.
Do not count calories.
Combine this regime with a good quality multivitamin.

He doesn't feel hungry. He has gained muscle and when his coworkers bring junk, he's not even tempted to eat that. These are the steps for the first phase (3 months), then he will be allowed to incorporate some of the "banned" foods. In 6 months he will be eating with less restriction but not exceeding on sugars or "bad carbs".

Hope this helps.
This may have helped you but I have never seen so much misinformation in one post.
It is amazing you actually stayed on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 09:05 AM

56 posts, read 56,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
This may have helped you but I have never seen so much misinformation in one post.
It is amazing you actually stayed on this.
Well, there's always a first time for everything

I respect your opinion but don't agree with it.

Cheers.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:48 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,388,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
So I recently cut my calories to between 1200-1400 and increased my fiber consumption. I'm down four pounds in a week. It's not low carb or low fat.

I am taking a sugar free psyllium fiber supplement to keep me full between meals and increase my soluble fiber. 1 teaspoon three times a day

It's taken over a week, so 1-2 pounds may be water weight. I think the psyllium might cause that. It has motivated me to stick with it for awhile and not get frustrated.
Now I am down 6 pounds. I have had two higher calorie days of 2000 calories each.

Old 10-06-2014, 02:55 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
Quote:
These are the steps I have followed with my husband and he has lost 13 pounds so far in 25 days:

Eat every two hours.
Just goes to show how different everyone is. I've lost 40 lbs in the last few months by never eating breakfast and not eating till supper on some days--also known as Intermittent Fasting. It works better for me than anything else ever has and I'm getting lots of compliments on how healthy I look.

They're even doing clinical trials with fasting and chemo patients b/c it seems they do much better on chemo--less side effects and better results--when they work fasting in around the chemo schedule.

Old 10-07-2014, 05:54 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
Quote:

Eat every two hours.
Eat only chicken, lean beef (no pork), low fat cheese, low fat lactose free milk, low fat sugar-free yogurt, turkey ham, fish, low carb fruits and veggies.
Do not eat any bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, avocado, pineapple, bananas, nuts (food high in carbs), sugar, honey, chocolate, etc.
Do not add any oil or vinegar to your salads or meal preparation. You can use herbs, condiments, salt or lemon for seasoning.
Do not count calories.

He doesn't feel hungry. He has gained muscle and when his coworkers bring junk, he's not even tempted to eat that. These are the steps for the first phase (3 months), then he will be allowed to incorporate some of the "banned" foods. In 6 months he will be eating with less restriction but not exceeding on sugars or "bad carbs".

Hope this helps.
You contradict yourself. You bolded: DO NOT EAT ANYTHING THAT HAS BEEN PROCESSED. Yet right at the top, you instruct us to eat low-fat cheese, low-fat lactose-free milk, low-fat sugar-free yogurt, and turkey ham. ALL of these things are processed and in fact, turkey ham is highly processed.

You're basically recommending a starvation diet: protein and raw fiber only. No carbs, no fats, no processed fiber. There is absolutely no way, at all, that anyone can expect to stick with something like that for the long term. In fact once a person has submitted themselves to this grueling routine and managed to lose whatever weight they want to lose, they'll have to cease this ridiculous diet. And the moment they do that, you know what they're going to do? They're going to pick up a cheesecake, top it with a big slice of italian bread smothered in olive oil and garlic, and finish it off with a heaping plateful of pasta and pineapple.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:16 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I agree the diet above is very flawed. I am over 40 and losing more slowly on WW than I wish, but I'm hanging in because they say the slower you lose the more likely the weight will stay off.

The short version is portion control, no added sugar, very little white flour. I will choose slightly higher calories over anything that isn't all natural. For example, I will only use Chobani 100 yogurt with high protein and fiber, even though the junk yogurt has fewer calories. I will eat avocados and nuts. I eat potatoes and sweet potatoes. I eat whole eggs. Nobody ever got fat from eating too many fruits or vegetables. I do not eat cheese unless its fat free.

My daughter lost 30 lbs and kept it off for a year by having 6, under 200 calorie, meals a day. She used some app on her phone to keep track. She is over 40 also.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
You contradict yourself. You bolded: DO NOT EAT ANYTHING THAT HAS BEEN PROCESSED. Yet right at the top, you instruct us to eat low-fat cheese, low-fat lactose-free milk, low-fat sugar-free yogurt, and turkey ham. ALL of these things are processed and in fact, turkey ham is highly processed.

You're basically recommending a starvation diet: protein and raw fiber only. No carbs, no fats, no processed fiber. There is absolutely no way, at all, that anyone can expect to stick with something like that for the long term. In fact once a person has submitted themselves to this grueling routine and managed to lose whatever weight they want to lose, they'll have to cease this ridiculous diet. And the moment they do that, you know what they're going to do? They're going to pick up a cheesecake, top it with a big slice of italian bread smothered in olive oil and garlic, and finish it off with a heaping plateful of pasta and pineapple.

I make my own yogurt, cheese, turkey ham and lactose free milk...so nothing is processed. Take a look at the internet, there are a lot of DIY websites and I'm using grandma's recipes too.

Nope, no starvation at all. A compulsive eater may react they way you describe it. I am not "instructing" anyone, there is something called "Freedom of Speech" and "free will". The OP asked what has worked for you and I posted what worked for me.

Last edited by Me1313; 10-07-2014 at 08:41 AM..

Old 10-07-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I agree the diet above is very flawed. I am over 40 and losing more slowly on WW than I wish, but I'm hanging in because they say the slower you lose the more likely the weight will stay off.

The short version is portion control, no added sugar, very little white flour. I will choose slightly higher calories over anything that isn't all natural. For example, I will only use Chobani 100 yogurt with high protein and fiber, even though the junk yogurt has fewer calories. I will eat avocados and nuts. I eat potatoes and sweet potatoes. I eat whole eggs. Nobody ever got fat from eating too many fruits or vegetables. I do not eat cheese unless its fat free.

My daughter lost 30 lbs and kept it off for a year by having 6, under 200 calorie, meals a day. She used some app on her phone to keep track. She is over 40 also.

If your plan works for you and your health is improving, good for you and congratulations.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:23 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
Quote:
I make my own yogurt, cheese, turkey ham and lactose free milk...so nothing is processed. Take a look at the internet, there are a lot of DIY websites and I'm using grandma's recipes too.

Nope, no starvation at all. A compulsive eater may react they way you describe it. I am not "instructing" anyone, there is something called "Freedom of Speech" and "free will". The OP asked what has worked for you and I posted what worked for me.
Are you lactose intolerant? If not why lactose free milk?

Of course anyone will lose weight on this diet, but keeping it off will be impossible once you start eating normally again. And please look up the health benefits of salmon, avocados, nuts, olive oils, lean meats (not deli meat). Fat is your friend. It help make you full satiated, plus it is essential for good health. Shrimp is not a healthy seafood. Salmon and tuna are.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:14 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,724 times
Quote:

Quote:

Eat every two hours.
Do not count calories.

Hope this helps.
This is awful. It is not sustainable for the everyday person.

Why eat every two hours?? That is impossible for me - or anyone that I know with a fulltime job.

Who makes their own dairy?

I thought that avacado, salmon and tuna were good for you????

No oil or vinegar (which is good for you), but you can have condiments (full of sugar) and salt????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss