Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 07:06 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,957,395 times

Advertisements

How many cokes it takes to gain a pound is unimportant. The question is: are you consuming more calories than you are burning each day? If the answer is yes, then you're going to stay the same or gain weight. I used to drink cokes everyday, but I was running 30 miles per week, so I was pretty lean. If you aren't exercising, you don't need to drink any sodas or eat fatty foods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 10:51 AM

1,431 posts, read 2,480,531 times
3,500 calories constitutes one pound of fat. A can of coke (12 oz) has 140. You'd need to drink 25 cans to put on one pound of fat.

Research shows that regular consumption of sweetened beverages is the ONLY singular food type correlated with obesity. That's right: fried food, fast food, cookies, candy, white bread, sweetened cereals etc were not "culprits" to the degree that sugar-laden beverages were.

Speaking from experience though, it's rare that regular soda drinkers are drinking small quantities (8-16 oz per day). Most seem to rarely drink it or otherwise use it as a primary source of fluids. For example, in my childhood/teen years, I was drinking nearly 1,000 calories per day in soda and snapple iced tea. There's a reason why shoppers in their weekly trip load up on three or four cases of soda rather than one bottle. I also suspect that soda is often paired with garbage more often than healthy foods, though I haven't seen research on food/beverage pairings.

Old 04-01-2021, 12:26 PM

1 posts, read 301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
It takes one pound of soda to gain a pound. 16 liquid ounces of fluid the approximate viscosity of water weighs a pound. So - one 16-ounce bottle of soda is one pound, that you will be introducing into your body, thus making you weigh one pound more than you weighed a moment before you ingested the liquid.

Miraculously, the same math applies to food. If you eat 1 pound of food, you will weigh 1 pound more, than the moment before you started eating that pound of food.
How Absurd. So then you need to subtract the daily weight of your Poop and Urine.
Trully if you want to find out Don't eat for 5 days and only drink Soda Pop. Keep track of exactly how much you consume by weight and volume, as well, take your starting and ending weight and see what happens....

Old 04-02-2021, 05:13 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Sodas are extremely bad for metabolic health. The caloric intake is the least you have to worry about. HFCS is extremely toxic in the body because it is the kind of high inflammatory sugar that is most difficult for the body to digest next to transfats. The body can't digest it completely so it gets stored as very carcinogenic fat cells on your liver. It is full of artificial coloring and other carcinogens. Preservatives used in sodas damages the gut microbiome.

Diet sodas are worse.

Better to just drink carbonated water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss