Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 07:42 PM

160 posts, read 384,739 times

Advertisements

I read online where someone made chart for themselves and gave themselves star stickers if they worked out that day.
Today on the way home my mom wanted to stop by mcdonalds for a big mac for dinner and she offered me one and i told her no. As I pulled out on the drive thru mcdonalds and smelled those friggin fries i was so tempted to turn around but i kept going and decided to have green tea once i got home. I had a snack before we left so i wont get tempted and plus i had to take my adderall which i am back on it now. I have a long way to goal but have mini goals.
i have been out of work for 9 months and gained 14 pounds back. I was so mad at myself that i couldn't get a mcdonalds. I already had my calories for today and i feel so much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 08:00 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hourglass45 View Post
I read online where someone made chart for themselves and gave themselves star stickers if they worked out that day.
Today on the way home my mom wanted to stop by mcdonalds for a big mac for dinner and she offered me one and i told her no. As I pulled out on the drive thru mcdonalds and smelled those friggin fries i was so tempted to turn around but i kept going and decided to have green tea once i got home. I had a snack before we left so i wont get tempted and plus i had to take my adderall which i am back on it now. I have a long way to goal but have mini goals.
i have been out of work for 9 months and gained 14 pounds back. I was so mad at myself that i couldn't get a mcdonalds. I already had my calories for today and i feel so much better.
Hang in there honey! You just take it one day at a time, one meal at a time

And try this....one day a week (make it the same day every week) you eat whatever cheat food you normally avoid. When you know you are going to have an opportunity to eat something you love that isn't good for you like that you can sometimes withstand not cheating on other days

Always avoiding the things you love makes you feel really deprived and sets you up for failure.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:01 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
Determination!!

Old 07-15-2014, 08:07 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Determination!!
For me it's really more than that though

I am at the point in my life when I just refuse to risk my health for a Krispy Kreme doughnut or daily bagel.

When you really take the time to educate yourself about what you are doing to your body with certain foods and when you think long and hard about how diabetes, strokes or heart attacks will limit you in ways that leave you with less control over your life, those doughnuts and bagels seem a WHOLE lot less appealing

Old 07-16-2014, 07:21 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,419,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
For me it's really more than that though

I am at the point in my life when I just refuse to risk my health for a Krispy Kreme doughnut or daily bagel.

When you really take the time to educate yourself about what you are doing to your body with certain foods and when you think long and hard about how diabetes, strokes or heart attacks will limit you in ways that leave you with less control over your life, those doughnuts and bagels seem a WHOLE lot less appealing
I agree with this completely.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:14 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,558,967 times
Haven't found out yet, but I'd imagine it would be my desire to:

1. fit into the smaller size jeans hanging in my closet
2. fit better into current size jeans
3. feel better about myself
4. get rid of my spare tire
5. look better and maybe meet someone

But dang it, food keeps winning out over the above!!

Old 07-16-2014, 11:30 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,295,535 times
Over the last month or so, I've lost about nine pounds. While it doesn't sound like much, I've noticed a difference in how clothes fit, and IT IS FANTASTIC! I've purposely been buying things that are one size smaller for motivation. And now, they are starting to feel pretty good. Other benefits have been: feeling less crampy during that time of the month, having a bit more energy, and not feeling so dang bloated after meals. I've just reduced portion sizes and started a rigorous walking program, using the terrain on our property as natural resistance. I love it.

It does take some time to notice results, but hang in there. I wish you success.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:17 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,605 times
The feeling of being lean. Being able to take your shirt off at the beach or at the pool or wherever and not be self conscious, being able to strip all your clothes off and lay on top of a beautiful member of the opposite sex with out being self conscious. The way clothes fit.

You have to have an ideal image in mind of where you want to be(find pictures of athletes/actors with a similar body type to you) and remind yourself of it every day, stay connected to the master plan.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:21 AM

4 posts, read 4,430 times
Write everything down! It keeps you accountable

Old 07-18-2014, 02:35 PM

283 posts, read 385,495 times
I think about the positive things about my diet. In my case, I largely gave up pizza, pasta, bread, and potatoes. One can say "well, if it restricts food groups then you won't stay on it"

Not true. When I think of any of these gluttonous snacks/meals, I immediately think of a juicy steak and a pile of peas slathered with butter, all of which is on my diet. I also think of the good feeling I get at 3pm at work when I don't experience a carb crash like most around me. My energy level is pretty constant throughout the day, and that keeps me from eating the verboten foods...knowing that I can stay juiced all day long without the rush/crash dynamic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss