U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 03:33 PM

3,311 posts, read 3,535,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
Nope. Not for the average healthy person. Maybe if you have kidney disease or something.

OP, if you want to drop the lbs fast and stay feeling pretty satisfied, start looking into some form of Paleo diet. I prefer a more relaxed version like you'll see at Mark's Daily Apple
Check out the forums there and get ready to start shedding fat.
Plus many people see many more benefits from it including various disease reversals from reduced inflammation.

Your diet (lifestyle change) will be something like 90% of what you need to lose the weight.
The exercise is a small part of it in comparison. Great for overall health, but what you choose to eat is much much more important.

I'm 41 and trust me... 30 mins of P90x3, 6 days a week, makes a huge difference. After 30 minutes, your rate of return drops pretty dramatically.
So you say exercise is 10% yet doing P90X makes a "huge" difference. .... Which is it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 09:57 AM

1,649 posts, read 3,158,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
So you say exercise is 10% yet doing P90X makes a "huge" difference. .... Which is it.
Both.

I lost most of the weight i needed to do with a diet change. While getting no meaningful exercise.
Then added in the exercise to build muscle a year later.
Doing JUST the exercise previously, did very little. Mountain biking, running, bike commuting, etc.
It was a long term experiment I was doing and what I found was that the diet change was highly more effective for losing fat.

Now doing p90 six days a week is really making a difference now that I'm at the point of having to drop those last few lbs, revealing all abs, not just the six pack. And it's only 30 minutes a session. Whereas before I was trying to do hours of exercise.
So my point is just doing 30 mins of rigorous exercise can really make a difference and you don't have to work out for hours upon hours because the rate of return drops dramatically. It's not an efficient use of time.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:25 PM

2,181 posts, read 2,132,693 times
You do not need to exercise 4 hours a day. Ain't nobody got time for that. Focus on diet, protein and veggies and a lot of water. Be consistent over the course of months and the weight will come off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or