Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2014, 08:28 AM

1,858 posts, read 1,636,462 times

Advertisements

Hi, I found that I have a low total blood protien level and need to raise it about 0.4 points for a blood test tomorrow if possible. Can this actually be done through diet between now and then? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 08:41 AM

4,532 posts, read 5,339,402 times
Should have asked your doctor instead of yahoo strangers on an internet chat room.

Really, why didnt you ask your physician? Or even asked Google? You had to have had a week or two to prepare for this test. Why wait until last minute to ask "what can I eat for tomorrow?"?

Old 10-23-2014, 08:52 AM

3,763 posts, read 12,504,956 times
is this some sort of admission test?? (like for the military or police??) Because otherwise there's no "right" or "wrong" answer on blood tests, they merely report your current condition.

If that's protein deficient, then you take that information and (if you want to) - you do something to ameliorate it.

I don't know how quickly protein in your diet would affect whatever marker is being tested in your blood, so I have no idea if today's diet would have any affect at all on tomorrow's blood protein level.

Even for life insurance, I wouldn't think that a slightly low protein level would affect much.

Meanwhile - if this is somethig you want to correct long term (and you probably should, because protein is important in things such as wound healing, etc..) you likely just need to evaluate your diet and increase your protein intake.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:56 AM

1,858 posts, read 1,636,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Should have asked your doctor instead of yahoo strangers on an internet chat room.

Really, why didnt you ask your physician? Or even asked Google? You had to have had a week or two to prepare for this test. Why wait until last minute to ask "what can I eat for tomorrow?"?
It is not a situation as you have laid out. I'm sorry I asked.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:36 AM

4,532 posts, read 5,339,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RP2C View Post
It is not a situation as you have laid out. I'm sorry I asked.
It just sounds weird thats all. If you are sick, you want to find out why and plan a course to remedy it. If you are just trying to pass a one-time test then say so, but I dont think its safe (or smart) to try to do something the day before to affect the results on a blood test.

According to this link, having low blood protein is not really a good thing:

Low Protein in Blood | New Health Guide

Old 10-29-2014, 02:22 AM

88 posts, read 191,637 times
There are having various by different ways, high blood protein may also caused by something as simple as mild dehydration, increasing the concentration of protein in your blood stream. To boost your protein level you have also choose one option of i.e. is to donate the plasma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss