Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 04:20 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,607 times

Advertisements

Eat 1000 calories a day. you'll quickly find that you weren't doing this before, and the weight will start to come off. People aren't very in tune with how much energy they get every day via food/drink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 04:39 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,175,023 times
First....Quit trying to pretend that you can lose weight without putting fewer calories in your stomach.

Second.... make yourself do without snacks etc. you can do it. just try harder.

It's not a easy thing to do. But you can, if you want to bad enough. Don't try to do it quickly. A big change in eating habits is due. This is where the hard work and time come in. Be steady and realistic about what you can do.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:59 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukul_eng2 View Post
I am a 28 year old male with 85Kg. My height is 5'6''. I want to lose my weight. I tried everything I could to loose weight but failed.
First thing you need to do is to change your thinking that "you eat to live" and "you don't live to eat", that said please read my story below copied from another thread in Oct 2014.

I have a story to tell you and everyone:

In January 2014 I weighed myself and the scale showed I was at 210 lbs., (40 - 42 waist in relaxed fit jeans) and at 5.7" it was decided by me that it was time to lose this weight as it's way too much with an early February 2014 start to this as I needed time to research how I would diet. February came and started with the lower fat and oatmeal and carbs diet, okay I lost some lbs., but felt drained out and hungry all the time.

Fast forward to March 2014 and my physical which included getting a blood test, after the blood test I got a call from the doctor's office that I should see the doctor the next day that my BS measured @ 209 and that "I was going to die" (they may as well have said that) if I didn't address it pronto. Okay made the appointment and saw the doctor the next day when he said that I was a type 2 diabetic but because I was already losing some weight because showed him the notch I lost on my belt, he then looked me in the eye and said that he was going to prescribe 2 meds for it but because he believed me of my seriousness of my then upcoming weight loss he just was going to prescribe me one drug instead (METFORMIN 1000mg) while thinking to myself I'm not even going to take that but played on and filled it just in case anyway as it didn't cost me any monies. When I got home I knew that I needed to modify my diet so that my morning blood sugar reading before breakfast would be below 100 so after searching I bumped into the "LCHF" diet doctor URL about a week later and I was on my way.

The weight was melting off without exercise mind you and my energies up without counting calories and not being hungry in between meals. Now eating 3 - 4 eggs fried in coconut oil and 4 -5 strips of bacon for breakfast daily and salads with some beef on some lunches with some raw veggies with 2 hard boiled eggs (for lunch and dinner) add either tuna, fish fillet or chicken (alternating) for dinner with added (2 tablespoons) of extra virgin kalamata olive oil in the salads with vinegar and 1 to 1-1/2 tablespoons of melted butter to dip my hard boiled eggs in (yummy!). I drink plenty of water, herbal teas and green tea sweetened with STEVIA. Now on September 9, 2014 my last weigh in at 157 lbs., a 53 lb weight loss and now wear a 34 waist levi's 505 straight leg which is loose a bit at the waist flirting with the next size downward as I'm on my last belt hole on my belt and a space that my hand can fit through the waist before tightening! Low carb, more fat and it all happened with NO HUNGER in between meals.

Every day for except what I'm going to state next my morning blood sugar before breakfast is under 100, some days in the upper 70's but 80's and some 90's mixed in without EVER taking any meds PERIOD! Here's a kicker on top of this: for the last month and a half I've been going once a week to those all you can eat buffet places for lunch and the next morning afterwards my morning BS range before breakfast is from 107 - 114 for that one day only afterwards and I'm still losing weight - just imagine that. I was testing how much I could get away with as the once a week to those type places will be my limit if I decide to continue to do so!! Even there I don't go carb crazy as my conscience would bother me but I do indulge on some ice cream which probably does my over 100 listed fasting numbers the day after. Still just fantastic and the hell with the drug companies as I refused to give into taking their chemical garbage and profits which would aid in destroying my body's wholeness which I solved solely through diet. The former diet (the low fat/carbs/oatmeal) before I started LCHF my morning blood sugar readings before breakfast were in the 120's - 130's mostly, so the LCHF diet slimmed me without effort and fixed the blood sugar problem as well. I'm also by choice am staying away from fruits as the sugars and carbs contained within would blow away my no more than 30 grams per day carb limit. I also test my urine once per day to monitor the degree of ketones which ranges from a trace on the worst day to a the mid range which is good enough as the results for me proves it's all fine. If I eat too many carbs and or eat too large of a lunch and or dinner portion my fasting blood sugar is over 100 and I fail my urine ketone test as I found this out in the very beginning. I'm a real person here who adopted this. To the doubters - say what you will.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12/12/2014 update - I am pretty much now staying at the lost weight but have lost another inch off of my waist now at a 33". Of course to lose even more weight the calorie count will need to go down a tad but I'm quite content as is. Curious to see if I get down to a 32" waist as I do have a medium frame/boned so as it is when I tighten my belt it's "on my hip bones" lol! - but not really pushing for it and if it happens it happens. Also have by choice (not by any necessity slowed the buffet visits). What you really want is to get to a ketogenic state - nothing like it as there's no "peaks or valleys" in energy while your burning fat instead for energy while losing weight. You can (if you decide to try eating this way) want to purchase ketone urine testing strips - you can get them at ebay or if you have a Walmart.

Good Luck!

Old 12-18-2014, 05:30 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times
Quote:
I am a 28 year old male with 85Kg. My height is 5'6''. I want to lose my weight. I tried everything I could to loose weight but failed.
I lost a lot of weight a couple of years ago. What I have discovered is--people eat too much. Now that I eat very little I have time to observe others.
First you have to be completely, completely honest with yourself about how much and how often you are eating. When you eat less, you lose weight. Move a little bit more helps too (do little stuff--park your car farther away, take the steps instead of the elevator, etc.). The real secret is eating less. It is a pretty simple formula. (Damn food for tasting so good--why the formula is difficult to follow.)

I refuse to go on meds. Most of them make me gain weight.

After you lose the weight, focus, focus, focus. DO NOT SABOTAGE--that is my mantra EVERYDAY.
It is rather simple losing the weight, keeping it off is a huge task.

(P.S. DON'T fall for that low fat stuff. It has more sugar in it to taste better. Just eat less.)

Old 12-19-2014, 03:04 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Now eating 3 - 4 eggs fried in coconut oil and 4 -5 strips of bacon for breakfast daily and salads with some beef on some lunches with some raw veggies with 2 hard boiled eggs (for lunch and dinner) add either tuna, fish fillet or chicken (alternating) for dinner with added (2 tablespoons) of extra virgin kalamata olive oil in the salads with vinegar and 1 to 1-1/2 tablespoons of melted butter to dip my hard boiled eggs in (yummy!). 
That sounds awesome, I think I'm going to do that! I've never tried the egg dipped in butter though, that sounds kinda weird.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:09 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times
Eat right and exercise right and you will lose weight.

That is a fact.

Everything else will either cost you money for nothing or be little more than a lie that says you can stuff your face and do nothing but still lose weight.

Which one have you been doing?

Old 12-29-2014, 12:45 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,410,524 times
Quote:
In order for us to help you, you must participate in this here discussion that YOU started.

Give us some specific examples of the things you have tried. Without that, there really isnt much we can say or suggest for you that would be specific and helpful to YOU. Just a lot of general stuff that you may have already tried (although incorrectly) that didnt work. So, lets have some OP participation and tell us exactly what (type of workout, weight, reps, frequency, duration, intensity, etcj.) so that we can help you.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:20 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsboy777 View Post
Dear Friend
Reduces the calories in your food every day
They have to go on a daily program for a period of at least 30 days in the food and Sports
The weight now does not need a big effort and remember to walk on the best deal in a random program
I'm like your age, weight 73 kg

Translation:
I am going to tell you the most basic ideas that everyone here already knows, and come off trying to sound helpful. I am hiding the fact that I am going to spam you with some product or link down the line.

Reduce your daily caloric intake.

Follow a reduced caloric intake on a daily basis for at least 30 days to gauge your results.

Include exercise, as it is good for you and may aid in weight loss, if you keep your calories controlled.

Eating less takes a little effort, but if you want it, it can be done. And don't forget exercise, like walking.

I am around your age and weigh 160 lbs.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:08 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
Absolutely genius. I don't know why I never thought of those kick-butt suggestions! Much helpful, would recommend.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:57 PM

94 posts, read 160,238 times
I don't know about your routine schedule but I want to suggest your that hard work is best option for you. I was facing same problem like yours, in fact I failed 3 to 4 times to lose my weight but as per my gym trainer suggestions and weight lose supplements which are also approved by my family doctor, I am in shape now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss