Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 06:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,667 times

Advertisements

I am a 28 year old male with 85Kg. My height is 5'6''. I want to lose my weight. I tried everything I could to loose weight but failed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 07:46 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,929,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukul_eng2 View Post
I am a 28 year old male with 85Kg. My height is 5'6''.
I want to lose my weight. I tried everything I could to loose weight but failed.
How many calories in per day?
How many minutes of steady movement and actual exercise per day?

Old 12-04-2014, 09:06 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,978,490 times
I had gained a little weight due to meds which I hated. I struggled for a long time to get back down. I finally got that last kg off when I started eating a lot of avocado and cashews. I had already cut out all sugars (excluding fruit but even then I limit the sweet fruits).

I'd suggest taking a long hard look at what you are eating. Anything with added sugar and refined starches and you can forget it. Your body requires no sugar and I mean NO sugar. Fruits will do you no harm but dried fruits are not only concentrated but they are often sweetened! Limit your carbs and then those should be slow release (complex carbs). Ensure proper and full nutrient meals. Take therapeutic supplements to ensure your body isn't being driven by a craving for something lacking in your diet (which usually translates into hunger for sweet stuff). Drink more fluids, especially after a small meal (and/or before).

You might look into probiotics and digestive enzymes to correct any digestive and absorption shortcomings and rebalance the digestive system flora. You have to cut out all sugar though - that's the probable cause of digestive problems in the first place.

Snack on cashews between meals. They are not only a good brain (and body) nutrient but are a well balanced carb/fat/protein mix which have a high satiety (meaning they suppress the appetite).

Good luck!

303Guy

Old 12-04-2014, 10:46 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,328,366 times
If you can afford it, join the Weight Watchers on-line program, even if only for a few months (there's a cost but it's not terribly expensive). They will give you a daily and weekly allotment of "points" and tools to help you record the points value of everything you eat. They are good for giving you a starting place to gauge how much you're eating now versus how much (little) you need to eat to lose weight.

Regardless of whether or not people stick with WW as the program they use to lose weight, I think WW does a good job helping people understand where they are now and where they need to be to achieve their weight loss goals. Once you get that baseline understanding, you can either continue with the program, or cancel the subscription and go it on your own after receiving that education.

Others on other forums have mentioned apps you can buy that do something similar, I think. I've never used them so can't speak to them. But pick something that allows you to put in your personal information (height, weight, activity level, etc.) and have it calculate how much you should be eating in order to lose weight.

Old 12-04-2014, 11:27 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I had gained a little weight due to meds which I hated. I struggled for a long time to get back down. I finally got that last kg off when I started eating a lot of avocado and cashews. I had already cut out all sugars (excluding fruit but even then I limit the sweet fruits).

I'd suggest taking a long hard look at what you are eating. Anything with added sugar and refined starches and you can forget it. Your body requires no sugar and I mean NO sugar. Fruits will do you no harm but dried fruits are not only concentrated but they are often sweetened! Limit your carbs and then those should be slow release (complex carbs). Ensure proper and full nutrient meals. Take therapeutic supplements to ensure your body isn't being driven by a craving for something lacking in your diet (which usually translates into hunger for sweet stuff). Drink more fluids, especially after a small meal (and/or before).

You might look into probiotics and digestive enzymes to correct any digestive and absorption shortcomings and rebalance the digestive system flora. You have to cut out all sugar though - that's the probable cause of digestive problems in the first place.

Snack on cashews between meals. They are not only a good brain (and body) nutrient but are a well balanced carb/fat/protein mix which have a high satiety (meaning they suppress the appetite).

Good luck!

303Guy
Pretty much this except that I wouldn't take supplements but instead try to figure out what is lacking in your diet so you can decide whether to use a supplement or an actual food (the latter would be preferable)

Old 12-04-2014, 11:54 PM

88 posts, read 192,168 times
Is there any medical complication with you? Once go for whole checkups, it you need medication, then follows it otherwise you should join a gym, do more exercise and the most important thing follows a balanced diet.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:53 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times
Well, first thing...don't own it by calling it 'my weight'.
Just call it weight...some thing you want to get rid of.

Old 12-06-2014, 12:11 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,033,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukul_eng2 View Post
I am a 28 year old male with 85Kg. My height is 5'6''. I want to lose my weight. I tried everything I could to loose weight but failed.

don't go to Indian buffet every weekend

Old 12-06-2014, 05:59 PM

5 posts, read 8,177 times
Take a week or two and write downeverything you eat. This in itself helps you choose to skip some things. Calculate the number of calories so you know what different calorie amounts look like. Find out how many calories it takes to maintain your weight and subtract 500 or 1000 calories from that a day (that's 1lb or 2 lbs a well of weight loss per week respectively). Keep writing what you eat until you get the idea of what to be eating and how much. The longer you write things down the better.

Some examples of ways to cut calories are mixing egg white with whole eggs, avoiding any calories from drinks (except some milk but not too much), go to nonfat or 1% milk, use reduced fat mayo, weigh out your food, etc.

The less you weigh the less calories you can eat and lose weight. Do what you can to keep your lean muscle mass (enough protein and maybe some light weight lifting).

Set small goals that are reasonable. I am down 1 stone and have 5 to go. Don't put it off. Remember that what matters most right now is a calorie deficit.

Old 12-12-2014, 02:50 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,978,490 times
Quote:
reduced fat mayo
I don't know about the mayo but reduced fat 'foods' are alleged to have more sugar which is even worse. Apparently, grains (whole grains are better but still bad) are not very healthy and should be avoided (whole grains are better but still bad) researchers say.

Researchers also say it is better to get calories from fats than from carbs and weight loss is more easily attainable with fats as fats do not promote fat storage as grains and sugars do.

My suggestion to take supplements is to do with the fact that most people allegedly have deficiencies due possibly to the consumption of sugars and grains and processed 'foods' and/or perhaps the poor choices of 'foods'.

There is a weight loss diet an Australian doctor came up with which comprises of liquidised and juice extracted raw vegies. It doesn't taste too bad and has a high satiety factor (see link below) and should have all the important nutrients of veggies. If I knew what the diet was called I'd post a link. A glass of this stuff fills one and quells the hunger for several hours and is low in carbs but the carbs it does contain are apparently in cellular form which is supposed to be way better.

Satiety: The New Diet Weapon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss