Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 05:11 AM

14 posts, read 9,794 times

Advertisements

Hi Anne,

By following some points you can easily lose your weight. I would like to suggest you some tips for this. I am sure these tips will be helpful for you in losing weight.

These tips are:

1. Regular water consumption can aid with weight loss.
2. Junk food is an enemy against weight loss. So stop having junk food.
3. For the first meal of the day, eat at least eight grams of fiber.
4. Focus on your diet.
5. Do some work out. Look for interesting options like cycling, walking, dancing, hoola hooping and the like.
6. Reduce sugar intake as much as you can.
7. Take 20 minutes of your time in a day to do cardio exercises for three to five times a week.

I think these points will be really give you the results. Still if you are not losing weight you can go for natural weightloss diet pills. These pills are seen as a seemingly simple way to manage weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 09:38 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,543,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rob View Post
Hi Anne,

By following some points you can easily lose your weight. I would like to suggest you some tips for this. I am sure these tips will be helpful for you in losing weight.

These tips are:

1. Regular water consumption can aid with weight loss.
2. Junk food is an enemy against weight loss. So stop having junk food.
3. For the first meal of the day, eat at least eight grams of fiber.
4. Focus on your diet.
5. Do some work out. Look for interesting options like cycling, walking, dancing, hoola hooping and the like.
6. Reduce sugar intake as much as you can.
7. Take 20 minutes of your time in a day to do cardio exercises for three to five times a week.

I think these points will be really give you the results. Still if you are not losing weight you can go for natural weightloss diet pills. These pills are seen as a seemingly simple way to manage weight.
So you give smart options that are so generic and common that it's like knowing your ABCs and then at the end say, but if this doesn't work, take "natural weightloss [sic] diet pills." And one of your first posts here ever. I smell something.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:10 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,781,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
So you give smart options that are so generic and common that it's like knowing your ABCs and then at the end say, but if this doesn't work, take "natural weightloss [sic] diet pills." And one of your first posts here ever. I smell something.
Yes, I smell it too.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:20 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,688,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Yes, I smell it too.
One time, in fat camp, I rolled down a hill and got stuck against the support beam under a bridge. When I got there, I smelled the same thing!

Old 02-05-2015, 11:44 AM

10 posts, read 8,626 times
Everyone has a lot of great suggestions in here. I would add that you should set small goals for yourself. Everyone has their main goals of "Lose 50 Pounds", but those don't really work. You need smaller, actionable goals that can be measured.

For example, start off with weekly goals like "Go to the gym 3 times this week". Once you start accomplishing these smaller goals, you will build momentum. It's all about momentum

Old 02-05-2015, 07:42 PM

7,641 posts, read 18,076,039 times
1. Invest in a digital scale, keep it well-calibrated, and healthy on batteries. Step on it at least every three days, preferably every day, in the nude and dry to most accurately reflect your weight.

2. Find out your Resting Metabolic Rate and make an estimate on the low range of the scale for the activities you participate in on a daily basis.

3. Use smaller utensils and bowls.

4. Many have expounded on the benefits of eating raw or plain veggies, but personally, I think most of them taste disgusting. I always thought that I hated most of them until I tried Indian food. If you dislike veg and fruit in the standard American or European presentation, try different cuisines such as Indian, Thai, and Ethiopian.

Old 02-06-2015, 04:06 AM

14 posts, read 9,794 times
Hi

Loosing weight is a difficult task. So you will need to take a firm decision for this. First, you will have to make a plan of what all you need to do and what not for loosing weight. Here are some easy tips to lose weight. These are :
If you are an early bird, it is good for you as then you can go for quick morning walk. That will motivate you towards your goal of losing weight and also refresh your mind.
You should take care of your diet and not eat as much and also have your meals on time. It would be best if you add more fruits and veggies in all your meals.
Include water as an important portion of your diet. Drink as much as you can.
Do exercise daily, both cardio and weight training.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,104 times
hi
Before you can lose any weight, you have to understand how
weight loss works. Your metabolism a fancy word for your energy
level. This is what keeps you going and also burns off calories.
Your metabolism continues to work all day long, even when you
are sleeping, although it slows down. Think of your metabolism as
a motor in your body that has a function of keeping you active

Old 02-16-2015, 08:32 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,347,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Pennington View Post
You are right but there must be some tips so i can loose weight.
Move more, eat less. Its really that simple. And difficult.

Old 02-16-2015, 01:36 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,230,831 times
Thanks, everyone for posting! I have ready through these every couple of days for motivation. For me the following helps:

1. Set a calorie intake goal. Count your calories so you can plan your for a healthy day. I use a Bodymedia device that has a food diary/calorie counter. Find a counter that works for your lifestyle and log food before you eat it. Logging it prior to consumption causes you to really consider the need for a second helping or even if you really want to eat some things.

2. Measure food. What you think is a portion may be very different from what your usual portion is, and you may be consuming more calories than you think.

3. Increase your fiber intake. Fiber gets rid of toxins and makes you feel fuller. My Bodymedia breaks down the nutrient value of what I eat shows where my calories come from, e.g. protein, fat, alcohol and carbs. I can adjust and shoot for more protein vs. carbs, for example. It shows the number of grams of fiber in my food so I can shoot for about 25 grams per day.

4. Increase your water intake. Shoot for half your current body weight in ounces of water. Go for a bonus after you drink that. Log your water intake with your food.

5. Exercise at least 3 times per week. Feel your heart rate increase, feel yourself sweat. If either hasn't been felt, you really haven't exercised enough. Log your exercise. Write down a routine and follow it, get a pedometer and log your steps, or get a heath monitor that counts for you.

6. Find your motivation. Keep it in your mind's eye. It might be an upcoming event that you want to make a great impression at, an outfit you want to get back into or a vacation you want to enjoy. Think about it when you feel you can't stick to new, better habits.

7. Be true to yourself. Think about how this journey will make your life better and just go for it. Stay in touch with other posters and rep them when they post a weight loss. Let others help you through it, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss