U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2017, 08:19 PM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula
14,518 posts, read 15,347,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
As much as the transformation is physical, it has to be mental as well. By you saying "I missed the gym today......so I'll just have to hit it tomorrow and get on with the rest of my life", you're on your way there.
Thank you. I did hit the gym yesterday, and I will hit it tomorrow. I spent an entire hour yesterday with a strenuous workout. I don't take breaks between exercises. I change body muscle groups. After 30 minutes on the treadmill it's 10 minutes on the hand bicycle, then x reps on a lower leg muscle group, then alternating with an upper muscle group. Out of an hour gym visit I spend less than 10 minutes panting.

I'm determined. I'm going to make my goal this summer. I must get within the "normal" BMI group before end of summer.

I want to join an online dating site. I want to be able to tell the truth about my weight. It's not like a woman can tell as soon as she meets me that I lied on my profile.

I did an hour yesterday and determined to do 50-60 minutes tomorrow. You can't exercise the way I do without some effect on your musculature and body type. I'd have to get on a diet of donuts etc. to not lose weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 08:49 PM

31,785 posts, read 20,055,678 times
Non sequitur: Every time I see "Lovehound" my brain makes up some generic Motown song.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 06-13-2017, 09:11 PM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula
14,518 posts, read 15,347,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Non sequitur: Every time I see "Lovehound" my brain makes up some generic Motown song.
The name comes from one of my old favorite Rock/Pop music artists Kate Bush (English) and her "Hounds of Love" album and title song.

I prefer to describe myself as "The dog of love!"

Old 06-15-2017, 10:04 AM

9,151 posts, read 7,232,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Thank you. I did hit the gym yesterday, and I will hit it tomorrow. I spent an entire hour yesterday with a strenuous workout. I don't take breaks between exercises. I change body muscle groups. After 30 minutes on the treadmill it's 10 minutes on the hand bicycle, then x reps on a lower leg muscle group, then alternating with an upper muscle group. Out of an hour gym visit I spend less than 10 minutes panting.

I'm determined. I'm going to make my goal this summer. I must get within the "normal" BMI group before end of summer.

I want to join an online dating site. I want to be able to tell the truth about my weight. It's not like a woman can tell as soon as she meets me that I lied on my profile.

I did an hour yesterday and determined to do 50-60 minutes tomorrow. You can't exercise the way I do without some effect on your musculature and body type. I'd have to get on a diet of donuts etc. to not lose weight.
Ha! I did some online dating years ago before photos were common. This guy checked the box for "normal weight". I was about 15 lb overweight (size 10) so I checked the "few extra pounds" box. When we met, he was at least 40 lb overweight. Which I didn't care about, but I did care that he either lied about it or he was not self-aware enough to realize he is obese. No second date.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:22 AM

5,369 posts, read 6,462,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Ha! I did some online dating years ago before photos were common. This guy checked the box for "normal weight". I was about 15 lb overweight (size 10) so I checked the "few extra pounds" box. When we met, he was at least 40 lb overweight. Which I didn't care about, but I did care that he either lied about it or he was not self-aware enough to realize he is obese. No second date.
I think this is a difference between men and women. It doesn't take much for us to feel overweight, for men it tends to take more. We also overestimate how much we need to lose, and they underestimate. At least this has been true with some of them I have known, my husband being one of them.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:47 AM

10,790 posts, read 10,220,430 times
Hey Hound, good for you! Rooting for you! I had tears of joy the day I crossed over from "overweight" to "normal" BMI. "Overweight" from "Obese" was a big thing for me, but I really felt victorious the moment I was no longer, clinically or visually, overweight.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Interesting. I wear a 10 and am not overweight. Then again, I'm 5'10.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:50 AM

9,151 posts, read 7,232,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Interesting. I wear a 10 and am not overweight. Then again, I'm 5'10.
I'm 5'10 too. I'm a size 4 now and feel much better. I think they've made sizes bigger in the last decade or two, so in today's size I was probably an 8 at the time.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I'm 5'10 too. I'm a size 4 now and feel much better. I think they've made sizes bigger in the last decade or two, so in today's size I was probably an 8 at the time.
I've never been a 4, even when I was 19% body fat and 138 lbs. It's just not my makeup, as I'd personally look gaunt. I'm 34-28-37, don't really want to be any thinner than that.

ETA - not meaning to pick on your post btw. I've come to realize that we women can have some strict standards when it comes to judging ourselves, lol. Having truly been overweight, by 65+ pounds, I can't fathom considering myself overweight wearing a size 10.

Last edited by riaelise; 06-15-2017 at 11:19 AM..

Old 06-15-2017, 11:22 AM

5,889 posts, read 5,746,335 times
Today I got a couple small salads from Sopraffina, have you ever had the antipasti salads. Today I got the arugela one, and the tablouleh. I never ate either one. So right now, since I have a hard time trying new things, I have a stomach ache, it was sorta ok, but I don't know how im ever going to eat kale which is supposed to be good for you. I think I am going to be sick haha! I can only handle spinach looks like, nothing stronger flavor than that. I think one salad had arugela, it was ok, and quinoa, sort of ok too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss