U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 10:24 AM

3 posts, read 2,125 times

Advertisements

Regular exercise is very effective.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 02:25 PM

5,333 posts, read 6,402,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif_Assassin View Post
Regular exercise is very effective.......
Only if you are eating less calories than you are burning.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:22 PM

88 posts, read 67,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surela View Post
Hello Folks,

I am surela, I am 25 years old.

I have tried different diets to reduce my weight, still I haven't find any result. I will be very happy if anyone of you suggest me the best
I was overweight for many years. The reason was that I was in a personal rut. The secret is to fall in love and want to look AMAZING for someone. Ask any man whose wife has left him for another man. The first thing that she does is lose weight and start wearing makeup and fixing up her hair! It sure worked for me! I lost 60 pounds in 5 months!

Old 02-16-2015, 09:28 PM

27,147 posts, read 15,686,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Only if you are eating less calories than you are burning.
It makes it much, much easier than just dieting. If you can walk up stairs vs. using elevators and escalators, do that. If you can bike vs. taking a car to work, do that as well. If you have a step block, do steps while watching the evening news or your favorite programs. Every little bit of burning calories helps. The eating part, you can cut down but you won't lose weight unless you want to go malnourished.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:41 AM

3,311 posts, read 3,532,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It makes it much, much easier than just dieting. If you can walk up stairs vs. using elevators and escalators, do that. If you can bike vs. taking a car to work, do that as well. If you have a step block, do steps while watching the evening news or your favorite programs. Every little bit of burning calories helps. The eating part, you can cut down but you won't lose weight unless you want to go malnourished.
I've decided that every time my co-worker makes a mistake I'm going to walk around the block. I figure I will be down 10 lbs. in no time, bahahahaaaa!!!

Old 02-17-2015, 09:08 AM

5,333 posts, read 6,402,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Diet is 90%, exercise is 10%. If your calories are not under control you will never be able to burn them off through exercise. People tend to over estimate how many calories they are burning while exercising. As the saying goes, you will never be able to outrun a bad diet.
That said, exercise is a great ENHANCEMENT to dieting. If you are keeping your calories in check then exercise will give you that extra boost. If you lift weights, do high intensity cardio you can burn calories after the session. Higher muscle mass will also burn more calories.
Exercise is the single most important thing people can do for the health, but if your diet is not in order you will not lose weight from it.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:09 PM

6 posts, read 4,945 times
I would love to know what you are currently doing for your eating and workouts. Sometimes little adjustments can make a big difference. HIIT style workouts are great because they don't require a lot of time, but they help your body burn from body fat, while promoting lean muscle growth and raising your metabolism.

I also would eat 5 smaller meals spread out about 3 hours apart throughout the day and drink plenty of water. Oh, and don't skip breakfast.

I hope this helps and I also have free HIIT style workouts on my youtube channel and website. You can search RundleFit to find them.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:02 PM

6,461 posts, read 6,451,897 times
Use a calorie tracking site to help you. Figure out how many calories your body uses to maintain, and then subtract 500 per day. Find someone to work out with and try to eat healthier foods.

Find what works for you. Lots of people told me not to eat processed food like lean cuisine, but it was so easy to include in my lunch when I was taking care of my baby. It helped me shed my baby weight.

I find that using an elliptical is the best thing for my weightloss, although I do run too. Running is very hard on my knees and I actually lose less than using the elliptical, because I can't run for an hour.
Find out what works for you.

I also do t lose right away. I think my muscles retain water or something, because it always takes a week to show initial weightloss, and then I see a few pounds gone in a night.

Old 02-17-2015, 10:02 PM

5,638 posts, read 2,844,163 times
All good advice. Only thing I didn't see suggested is cutting out all refined sugar, low carbs and plenty of vegetable fats. Why the fats? Because fats supply calories slowly and have a high satiety, meaning you feel full sooner and don't get so hungry so soon so you eat less overall. Also, you need fats to be able to properly digest raw vegies (and you should be eating heaps of them) and absorb nutrients. I lost two kilograms in one week eating avocado and bread (whole meal) three times a day followed by dinner (Meat and raw salads with more avocado). I'm actually eating less overall. I wasn't trying to lose weight, I don't need to, especially now.

Sugar makes one feel hungry and causes the body to store excess as fat. And it's addicting which makes you want to eat more. Cut out sugar and you will start to crave it. Kill that craving with things like raw carrots, low sugar fruits and things like cashew (raw and unsalted) and zero sugar, high fat fruits like avocado.

Quote:
Diet is 90%, exercise is 10%. ..... exercise is a great ENHANCEMENT to dieting.
This.

Quote:
and scheduled diet with suggested health supplements then you can make it possible.
And this.

Quote:
I also would eat 5 smaller meals spread out about 3 hours apart throughout the day and drink plenty of water.
This is important to prevent feeling hungry. You don't wan't to feel hungry because is you do there is a danger of eating until you feel satisfied which is actually too much. Eat small meals (of good stuff) and drink plenty to fill you up.

But what ever you do, cut the refined carbs (which includes refined sugar). Read food labels - most 'foods' have sugar added. Avoid 'low fat' anything. The fat is replaced with sugar usually.

Good luck.

Old 02-17-2015, 10:51 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,700,460 times
Its the simple law of fat; that you lose when calories burned are more than calories consumed. The problem for most is early on exercise causes fluid loss. Normally when you diet and increase exercise you lose but then level out where exercise equal calories consumed. You the have to increase exercise or reduce calories to burn body fat. The best as far as health and keeping it off is to exercise and diet but do it over a long term so that your habits and addiction to foods reduces. That is why its so often called a lifestyle change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss