U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 05:08 PM

16,332 posts, read 16,440,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Why do I have to work so hard to be NORMAL weight (not skinny but normal) when most people I know are so careless about what they eat and never worked out a day in their life. They can't walk & can't lift anything and hate fruit and vegetable yet they never get fat. And here I am, I gain weight just by breathing air.

I am starving always, I have to curve time out for workout & even after super workout, I manage to be average at best

If you are always starving.....I would seriously question how much your current diet REALLY suits you, agrees with you???????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 08:33 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,639,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Why do I have to work so hard to be NORMAL weight (not skinny but normal) when most people I know are so careless about what they eat and never worked out a day in their life. They can't walk & can't lift anything and hate fruit and vegetable yet they never get fat. And here I am, I gain weight just by breathing air.

I am starving always, I have to curve time out for workout & even after super workout, I manage to be average at best
Curious to what you are eating, drinking, and snacking on during the day....for instance, if you are not eating enough protein throughout the day, you are always going to feel hungry.

Some people don't count soda which is loaded w/sugar...very very bad.

do you have a family that eats junk food that you are around all the time? That is a big part of why people fail also..

Old 02-17-2015, 03:54 AM

93 posts, read 112,179 times
People who prefer heavy diet and no workout will get obesity issues after few years or may be at old age. In my point of view you should drink more water and should focus on your diet schedule.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:39 AM

3,311 posts, read 3,530,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selina_miller View Post
People who prefer heavy diet and no workout will get obesity issues after few years or may be at old age. In my point of view you should drink more water and should focus on your diet schedule.
These people's names should be Captain Obvious.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:16 PM

6 posts, read 4,943 times
It is not fair, but because you have to workout and watch what you eat to look a normal size, you will be healthier in the long run than all of the others who eat junk food and don't workout.

I also have a slower metabolism and have to work harder to look the way I want. Have you ever tried HIIT style workouts? These are very helpful because they help your body burn from body fat and increase your metabolism. If you want to try a free one...I have some on my Youtube channel if you search RundleFit.

I hope this helps.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:38 AM

2,254 posts, read 1,540,404 times
Most of my family members are skinny, I am the only fat one. So it is hard to gain family support & I hate that my life revolves around "diet, health..etc". I guess I am not good at it that's why it is taking up so much time vs. had I mastered a quick workout early in the morning it wouldn't be a big factor/obstacle in my life. My family were not very supportive & my mom even thought I was fat because I diet/exercise too much & I should be "normal" because that has worked for her. In a way she is right, often times I go on this motivated mood & I will workout and focus on my diet by cutting out junk food. Typically if I workout, I naturally crave for good food & naturally don't like the taste/effect of junk. But that last 2 weeks, after that I am off the track. I stop working out because I just never managed to make it part of my life or I will crave for junk food (my biggest weakness is chips). I will give in & eat till my heart is satisfied and then I can't get back on track. I can't do one cheat day.

Now that I am married, my husband is somewhat health conscious so it makes it easier but we are still adjusting to living with each other. I know the concept, it should be lifestyle change and not few months thing. I just never managed to make a lifestyle change & always been in transition. The only time I lost weight was when I was in college & I discovered fitness class at gym. I treated them like class & attending everyday, ended up working out 7hr a week and I lost lot of weight but going to gym is a struggle,

What type of lifestyle change have you made that worked for you?
  • I gave up pop several years ago, now I don't like the taste of it. I occasionally want that burn feeling but I never manage to finish a can anymore. That was a positive lifestyle change that helped but wasn't enough
  • I eat 2+ fruits on most days. Few years ago I learned it was easier to add new things to my diet instead of focusing on elimination. My thought was that if I add something (like fruit for snack), naturally I will drop something without realizing it (whatever else I would have had for snack).

Old 03-04-2015, 12:39 PM

4 posts, read 2,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerat View Post
why do i have to work so hard to be normal weight (not skinny but normal) when most people i know are so careless about what they eat and never worked out a day in their life. They can't walk & can't lift anything and hate fruit and vegetable yet they never get fat. And here i am, i gain weight just by breathing air.

I am starving always, i have to curve time out for workout & even after super workout, i manage to be average at best

genes. Body weight is very complex. The body exerts powerful involuntary responses that defend weight. That skinny person has their own weight defended to - to keep them skinny.

Old 03-11-2015, 02:36 AM

14 posts, read 8,347 times
Well firstly don't bother about others. You should focus on your own and stay self motivated. Gaining weight is easier that you can also do well. Take healthy intakes which also rich in nutrients and proteins. Take more fruits and increasing your number of meals. This will not make you skinny but more healthy.

Old 03-11-2015, 04:14 AM

3,376 posts, read 4,798,709 times
I've been incorporating more weight training into an "every other day" workout routine.
I'm slowly beginning to notice smaller pants fitting a little more comfortably and others beginning to fit a little looser around the waist.
Drinking more water and eating more fruits definitely does wonders to quell some of the hunger pangs.
Nonetheless, having my own squat rack in my living room and no gym jocks to get into fights with has made motivation an easy thing.

I'm actually looking at wearing a Camelbak hydration pack in order to further stave off any hunger/thirst issues.
Carrying a fresh salad in a large container surrounded by ice/cooling in order to keep it from tasting like "cut grass" is a pain.
So along with the consistent drinking of water or low-sugar drinks(tea, some juices and such), I opt for these fruit cups at the Loves truck stop when feeling hungry.

As I said, the weight's slowly coming back down and muscle's presumably being built back up at the same rate, and I'm continually finding other ways to further cut it down as it goes along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or