Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 04:00 PM

5,827 posts, read 4,160,760 times

Advertisements

Yeah, that would have been helpful info in the original post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 05:44 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,823,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
Yeah, that would have been helpful info in the original post.
I found out a week after my original post! He did the blood work then, put me on the diet to lose weight and then a week later said I was Hypothyroid and Pre-Diabetic. He said even more reason to stick to this diet vs. just wanting to lose weight.

So sorry I had no clue my original post and mis-lead you...GEEZ!

Why Internet forums start out helpful and then people feel attacked.

I am out not worth trying to defend this diet to people. Not worth the time or energy.

Enjoy your Carbs and may you have a long and healthy life!

Old 03-06-2015, 05:59 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,571,033 times
i think it is an excellent diet. I'm also pre diabetic, and for me I need to restrict carbs to 50 or less, and no sugar or flour. I get plenty of energy from the protein and don't get hungry. The only thing I miss is fruit, which is sugary, and I need to limit it to mostly berries and small amounts of others. I hope you are doing well on your diet and that it brings your glucose levels down!

Old 03-09-2015, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
I found out a week after my original post! He did the blood work then, put me on the diet to lose weight and then a week later said I was Hypothyroid and Pre-Diabetic. He said even more reason to stick to this diet vs. just wanting to lose weight.

So sorry I had no clue my original post and mis-lead you...GEEZ!

Why Internet forums start out helpful and then people feel attacked.

I am out not worth trying to defend this diet to people. Not worth the time or energy.

Enjoy your Carbs and may you have a long and healthy life!
Woah, not sure why you're giving me the attitude here. You asked for opinions on a diet. When you do that, some people may give their opinion, and it may be that the diet isn't that great. If you take that as an attack, you shouldn't ask for opinions.

Where did I attack you?

Old 03-10-2015, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
Woah, not sure why you're giving me the attitude here. You asked for opinions on a diet. When you do that, some people may give their opinion, and it may be that the diet isn't that great. If you take that as an attack, you shouldn't ask for opinions.

Where did I attack you?
Never asked for opinions. I know much better than that! I wanted to share the diet and the experience. Everyone was helpful but you. The snarky comment about not sharing the diseases I found out I had, felt like an attack. I had no clue in my first post, as I explained. Anyway I am out. Diet is going great!

Thanks to all that were supportive!

Old 03-10-2015, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
Never asked for opinions. I know much better than that! I wanted to share the diet and the experience. Everyone was helpful but you. The snarky comment about not sharing the diseases I found out I had, felt like an attack. I had no clue in my first post, as I explained. Anyway I am out. Diet is going great!

Thanks to all that were supportive!
It was an attack to say that it would have been helpful to now that you were pre-diabetic when reading about your diet? Surely you can't expect me to assume that you had that diagnosis a few days after the original post, can you?

I didn't say anything unsupportive.

Old 03-10-2015, 02:03 AM

Yes, indeed. Thanks for your support.

Old 03-11-2015, 11:21 AM

So I suppose I should correct it: It would not have been helpful to know that you were pre-diabetic when looking at your diet plan.

Good luck with the diet (serious).

Old 03-11-2015, 12:05 PM

33 posts, read 54,434 times
How do you know how many grams of carb and protein is there in your food?

Old 03-11-2015, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakecake View Post
How do you know how many grams of carb and protein is there in your food?
I use the internet. For instance if I eat Asparagus, I enter "Asparagus nutritional information" and it pops up. I compare a couple of websites for consistency. It is really easy. Some people have "apps" that do the calculations for them, but I don't have a smart phone so I take a few minutes per day to look up everything and log it. Almost all processed foods already have the nutritional info on the packages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss