U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 11:32 PM

2 posts, read 1,803 times

Advertisements

Hi my name is Caleb i have been overweight for as long as i can remember. Today is time for change im almost 400 lbs now and i can barely stand to see myself in the mirror, Starting Monday March 2nd. i will be going for what i call my 200 lb change i plan over the next year or years to lose at least 200 lbs. College is right around the corner and i do not want to be this person when i go. Change will happen i will not not give up on myself, im going to do whatever it takes to make this happen. I have created a "Instagram" profile for all of you to keep track of my progress through this long journey ahead. The main purpose of me creating this profile is to hopefully inspire others out there like me that want to change through watching my transformation. Follow me on Instagram at "200lb_change" i will stay as up to date with all of you as i can. Until then God bless and thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 12:40 AM

10 posts, read 11,170 times
You can do it!

Old 03-02-2015, 04:12 AM

3,635 posts, read 1,991,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 200lb_change View Post
Hi my name is Caleb i have been overweight for as long as i can remember. Today is time for change im almost 400 lbs now and i can barely stand to see myself in the mirror, Starting Monday March 2nd. i will be going for what i call my 200 lb change i plan over the next year or years to lose at least 200 lbs. College is right around the corner and i do not want to be this person when i go. Change will happen i will not not give up on myself, im going to do whatever it takes to make this happen. I have created a "Instagram" profile for all of you to keep track of my progress through this long journey ahead. The main purpose of me creating this profile is to hopefully inspire others out there like me that want to change through watching my transformation. Follow me on Instagram at "200lb_change" i will stay as up to date with all of you as i can. Until then God bless and thank you.
Good luck.
Cut out the carbs,stick to 1400 calories and 10,000 steps a day and the weight will drop off you.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:31 AM

11,146 posts, read 20,349,688 times
My suggestion would be to start with a trip to the doctor. Get tested for diabetes and thyroid problems. See if you need blood pressure meds. Most of us avoid the doctor when we're really overweight, but taking care of any health problems that you have will make it easier to start losing weight.

I was over 400lbs a year ago, I weigh 227 now. So it can be done, but it's not easy physically or mentally.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:50 PM

1,627 posts, read 2,728,918 times
I have faith that you can lose weight. Stay focused, avoid the triggers, no cheating, and keep on telling yourself you are worth it. Thank you for sharing. Read post above. Please see Doctor first.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:16 PM

3,855 posts, read 6,854,384 times
Good luck, Caleb! Everyone here will be supportive of you! Hedgehog_Mom will undoubtedly have good suggestions for you as she has been working hard to lose weight.

I would suggest setting mini goals and writing down progress. A fitness tracker can really help. I use a Bodymedia and I count my calories. The device counts my expended calories, steps and moderate/vigorous activity, as well as sleep.

Let us know what the doctor says and please share your progress and tips. We are with you!

Old 03-03-2015, 05:19 PM

2 posts, read 1,803 times
thanks everyone do appreciate the tips and motivation

Old 03-03-2015, 06:36 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,738,755 times
Just make sure to have a physical and have constant medical checkups losing that much as things can work against your health also.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:29 PM

2,868 posts, read 1,566,733 times
Good luck Caleb, I'll be doing the same with you. I just watched "Forks over Knives" on Netflix if you have it... very instructive.

Old 03-05-2015, 07:11 AM

1,634 posts, read 3,001,281 times
Caleb,

I have a friend who weighed around 400 lbs in 2010. He started working out, walking on treadmills, and dieting. Today, he is right at 200 lbs, he is muscular, and he was just certified as a personal trainer. He is focusing on helping others who need to lose a lot of weight. He was also recently married.

It won't happen overnight, and it may take a year or two, but you can do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss