U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 09:27 PM

16,327 posts, read 16,440,473 times

Advertisements

Any diet, well, you have to stick with it for it to work and continue working.

Indian food, oh my, I can eat a whole caboodle of it and promptly gain 5 pounds, YUM!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 04:55 AM

6 posts, read 5,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
I am very curious in trying weight watchers. Everyone I know tends to lose big numbers while on Weight watcher like 20 , 30lb. But almost everyone tends to gain weight soon after. I just don't understand how it works so well and why everyone fails so badly after.

Also I eat Indian food, can weight watchers accommodate foreign food. what is there concept, I really just want to try it on my own to eat healthy
Any diet, every diet has its gimmicks. There are rules to follow. The rules are there to keep one on the "straight and narrow" WHILE ONE IS LEARNING CONCEPTS OF GOOD NUTRITION. I follow Weight Watchers but do not base my life on counting the points although I do count them. In following points I am seeing cause and effect of portions that are to large, or not large enough, foods very high in points that I must decide if it "is worth it" to eat; this way I end up choosing a lower point, health option instead. Application is everything. Gimmicks offered to learn how to apply a concept is a good learning strategy. Don't listen to naysayers. Pick a diet plan and follow it. Learn from it. Stay on it - even after you have reached your weight goal. Then, you will not gain weight afterwards. It is not the plan that causes you to lose weight, it is your own motivation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss