U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 01:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,859 times

Advertisements

1. Drink Water, Especially Before Meals

It is often claimed that drinking water can help with weight loss, and this is true.

Drinking water can boost metabolism by 24-30% over a period of 1-1.5 hours, helping you burn off a few more calories .

One study showed that drinking a half liter (17 oz) of water about a half an hour before meals helped dieters eat fewer calories and lose 44% more weight .

2. Eat Eggs For Breakfast
Eating whole eggs can have all sorts of benefits, including helping you lose weight.

Studies show that replacing a grain-based breakfast with eggs can help you eat fewer calories for the next 36 hours, and lose more weight and more body fat .

If you canít eat eggs for some reason, then thatís fine. Any source of quality protein for breakfast should do the trick.

3. Drink Green Tea

Like coffee, green tea also has many benefits, one of them being weight loss.

Green tea contains small amounts of caffeine, but it is also loaded with powerful antioxidants called catechins, which are also believed to work synergistically with the caffeine to enhance fat burning .

Although the evidence is mixed, there are many studies showing that green tea (either as a beverage or a green tea extract supplement) can help you lose weight .

good luk

zach .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 09:08 AM

3,311 posts, read 3,530,199 times
Sorry Zach, water does not help boost metabolism. And tea does not burn fat.

Water may fill you up, so you eat less, and that would be great. Water is good for you, so definitely drink it.
Eating eggs and proteins is a great idea, as well as fats like olive and coconut oil, avocados and nuts.

Here are the top 3 ways to lose weight:

1. Eat fewer calories.
2. Move your body.
3. See #1 and 2.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:11 AM

5,325 posts, read 6,398,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post

Water may fill you up, so you eat less, and that would be great. Water is good for you, so definitely drink it.
Eating eggs and proteins is a great idea, as well as fats like olive and coconut oil, avocados and nuts.

1. Eat fewer calories.
2. Move your body.
3. See #1 and 2.

People keep trying to reinvent the wheel don't they?

Old 05-06-2015, 09:14 AM

7,187 posts, read 17,704,916 times
And green tea is naturally decaffeinated as I drink it, and can't have caffeine.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:14 AM

5,325 posts, read 6,398,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
And green tea is naturally decaffeinated as I drink it, and can't have caffeine.
Green tea has caffeine in it.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:34 AM

10,233 posts, read 9,320,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post

1. Eat fewer calories.
2. Move your body.
3. See #1 and 2.
This! Plus, patience, patience, patience.

People who attempt quick-weight loss diets usually regain the weight just as quickly. Taking the time to develop new eating and exercising habits is essential.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:45 AM

7,187 posts, read 17,704,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Green tea has caffeine in it.
I've bought multiple brands of green tea and they all say decaffeinated. Maybe like other teas, they're taking it out, but I always thought it was naturally decaffeinated because that's what I always see... but maybe that's all I'm "looking" for.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:37 PM

359 posts, read 766,312 times
1. Get weight loss surgery
2. Go to North Korea
3. Cut off some of your limbs

Those are the 3 fastest and easiest ways to lose weight.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:40 PM

22,446 posts, read 24,005,241 times
Quote:
I've bought multiple brands of green tea and they all say decaffeinated. Maybe like other teas, they're taking it out, but I always thought it was naturally decaffeinated because that's what I always see... but maybe that's all I'm "looking" for.
You may be buying decaffeinated green tea. Green tea has about half as much caffeine (give or take) than regular black tea.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:17 PM

13,258 posts, read 36,253,393 times
Quote:
There is no such thing as "naturally decaffeinated." By definition - the word decaffeinate means to remove whatever caffeine was in there originally. You can't decaffeinate something that didn't have any caffeine in it in the first place.

If you're buying something that says "decaffeinated" it means it naturally does contain caffeine, but this particular product has undergone a process to remove that caffeine.

If it never had any caffeine in the first place, it would say "caffeine-free," which is a much different designation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or