U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 10:12 AM

13,919 posts, read 19,098,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
How are we doing a couple of weeks later ?
Since that post, down another 7lbs +/- with another weigh in coming later this week. Tracking has been a little hit or miss as I discovered that my home scale is giving readings that are consistently 10-15lbs lower than two other scales, including a quality one at my gym. In the meantime, my home scale has been relegated to simply tracking loss rather than precise weight. On a more anecdotal note, about the time I had made that post, I had purchased two pairs of new shorts that were so tight I could just barely button them up. In the 2-3 weeks since then I'm to the point where I can shimmy out of them without unbuttoning them and need a belt to keep them on comfortably.

The only problem I've run into is that some of my lifts are starting to plateau in the gym, meaning I'm probably getting to the point where adding more muscle is out of the question until I switch off the calorie deficit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 10:23 AM

3,635 posts, read 1,991,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Since that post, down another 7lbs +/- with another weigh in coming later this week. Tracking has been a little hit or miss as I discovered that my home scale is giving readings that are consistently 10-15lbs lower than two other scales, including a quality one at my gym. In the meantime, my home scale has been relegated to simply tracking loss rather than precise weight. On a more anecdotal note, about the time I had made that post, I had purchased two pairs of new shorts that were so tight I could just barely button them up. In the 2-3 weeks since then I'm to the point where I can shimmy out of them without unbuttoning them and need a belt to keep them on comfortably.

The only problem I've run into is that some of my lifts are starting to plateau in the gym, meaning I'm probably getting to the point where adding more muscle is out of the question until I switch off the calorie deficit.
Impressive.
But as you know,keeping it off is the real battle.
I'm down 4lbs in the last two weeks - walking and 1800 calories per day.

Old 07-14-2015, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Impressive.
But as you know,keeping it off is the real battle.
I'm down 4lbs in the last two weeks - walking and 1800 calories per day.
Thanks!

My younger brother has been slimming down as well, and so has my soon to be new roommate, so it helps to have a group around me where we hold each other accountable. Once I hit 12% bodyfat or so, I'll be switching to strength/mass orientated work, so the constant cycles should keep me on my toes.

Keep up the good work yourself!

Old 07-24-2015, 12:08 PM

Six more pounds gone since last post. Progress seems to be holding steady.

Old 08-06-2015, 11:26 AM

300 posts, read 347,938 times
Any updates?

Old 08-06-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtamay3 View Post
Any updates?
Forgot to weigh myself last week, but will have another weigh in tomorrow or Saturday morning.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
I'm starting this thread for two purposes. First, as a way to essentially hold myself accountable on this diet, and as a way to show people what kind of progress can be made when you put your mind to it.

The Diet: Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Diet Second Edition

I've mentioned this diet repeatedly on these forums, having used in to great success in late 2011 and early 2012. I backslid last year though and put back on about a third of the weight, so I am going back to it again. Plan is to diet down to sub 15% bodyfat than begin a strength/bulking phase.

This is obviously a radical diet and not for everyone. I've found that it works better for me than a more moderate approach for several reasons, but your results may vary.

Current Stats: 6'0, 247 lbs. (Actual weight may be a little lower since I consumed a bunch of carbs on Sunday and my glycogen stores probably haven't been depleted yet, but that will adjust in a couple days)

Protein Intake
: Roughly 150grams/day as per the instructions, will increase further in the next few days though as I begin weight training again.

Supplements:

- Generic multivitamin/mineral, double dosed to cover any deficiencies.
- Calcium Citrate/Magnesium, standard dose
- Omega 3 capsules (1000mg) two caps taken twice daily
- EC stack (25mg ephedrine HCL/200mg caffeine) taken three times daily
- Creatine monohydrate currently in loading phase @ 25-30g per day for 4 more days, then taper down to maintenance phase of 10-12g per day.

Weigh-ins will be done once weekly, spaced roughly 5 days apart and before any free meals so as to get the most consistent circumstances possible. I don't expect much progress on the scale for the first week and maybe even a small gain due to increased water weight from the creatine loading, but actual fat loss should be 4-5lbs per week.

And so it begins...again.

Coming up to six months since this diet started I was wondering how you're getting on ?

Old 11-06-2015, 03:47 PM

17 posts, read 9,808 times
Doesn't creatine make you hold water?

Old 11-08-2015, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymankanan View Post
It's kinda why I was interested to see how the OP was progressing with a diet which at the time I advised him was rather heavy on suppressants and stimulants and which didn't really address the problem of his yo-yoing weight.

I was also a little alarmed that people might take seriously his views on restricting water consumption to prevent weight gain.

If there's one thing you can consume an unlimited amount of on a diet it's calorie-free water.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Coming up to six months since this diet started I was wondering how you're getting on ?
Still going well. I am under 210 now on a precisely calibrated doctor's scale. Only issues I've run into are less free time to make it to the gym and the fact that the ephedrine has lost its appetite suppressing effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymankanan View Post
Yes, I mentioned earlier in the thread that I once gained almost 12lbs of water weight while taking creatine in the past.

Quote:
I was also a little alarmed that people might take seriously his views on restricting water consumption to prevent weight gain.
Please quote the views you are speaking of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss