Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 10:35 AM

95 posts, read 81,465 times

Advertisements

That's very good, Kelly. Drink lots of fluids during the day (juice, water, shakes, fat-free milk substitutes, etc). Being hydrated not only will help you look younger, but get to your meal time without discomfort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 11:28 PM

163 posts, read 247,254 times
My dad pretty much did this. Breakfast was a single granola bar, skipped lunch, and then had dinner. Was having some issues and went to the doctor. Something something the doctor said he needed to eat more. He wasn't fat or overly skinny.

I only remember because I was young and thought it was so cool my dad never had to eat. Then my mom started to force him to eat more for breakfast and come home for lunch.

I'm sure there is a way to pull it off with one full balanced meal but consult your doctor.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:39 PM

22,658 posts, read 24,585,979 times
Not me, I would get way too obsessed with food........ 3 meals a day works great for me.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:01 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,509,698 times
Breakfast like a king,lunch like a price,dinner like a pauper.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:11 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I agree with this--there have been many studies lately centering around fasting, whether intermittent or extended, and there is even some evidence that it may help with cancer treatment. Another thing the OP may want to look into is the Carbohydrates Addict's Diet, which he/she is describing really. The Carbohydrate Addict's Official Home Page For me, this is the only weight loss plan that works and I have lost 50 lbs doing this and cutting out added sugars. I think the main value of it is that it retrains your brain to eat only when it's hungry b/c I don't think it's good for you at all to eat when you're not hungry and will only add weight, whether it's good food or junk. You will also have less tolerance for eating past satiety and that's also bad for your health.

Both of these are things that few naturally thin people are capable of doing--eating when not hungry and eating past satiety. BTW, I find this super easy to plan around--less cooking for me. But then I live by myself. Anyway, I like it for the very same reasons the OP stated. BTW OP, if you start this and find yourself not losing weight, go ahead and log calories, or do that anyway. It's possible, though not probable that you may exceed the number of cals you were eating before.
CAD works. I went on it when it first came out over 20 years ago when I had difficulty losing the baby weight after the birth of my youngest. Rachel Heller, one of the authors, discovered the plan, incidentally, by eating only ONE meal a day. That's what I did (ate only dinner), and dropped 25 pounds in a very short period of time and kept it off within a few pounds (I've since been diagnosed and treated for a thyroid disorder) following the principles. I felt great...energetic during the day even though not eating. I love to cook/bake, and I can enjoy whatever I want to eat once a day. I'm not super strict...but if I see more than five or so extra pounds on that scale, it's back to one meal a day.

Old 08-24-2015, 05:07 PM

62 posts, read 138,452 times
I am doing the One Meal a Day plan right now. I am on day 5. I LOVE it!!!! It amazes me how I subconciously start to dish up what I make for my family, then I put the serving spoon down. And not even helping to do the dishes by eating what I made off the serving spoon before putting ut in the dishwasher. I don't want anything touching the inside if my mouth until after 7 pm. I work til then. I have an hour time frame to eat up to 1200 calories. So what I do is go through mc donalds drive through on my way home and get a snack so when I get home to cook dinber, i won't be famished. I rarely weigh myself and fluctuate between 195 to 205. I did not even weigh myself 5 days ago, but my face feels and looks thinner. I am a 5'7'' female. I wear a 2X or 3X top and extra large pants. Prior to this 60 quick weight gain within 2 yrs I weighed between 145 to 155. I even easily lost my weight gain after having kids. I am very optimistic about this new way of living!!!

Old 08-24-2015, 05:13 PM

Added comment: I do drink a few diet cokes in the morning then I switch to ice water for the afternoon and evenings. I live water and our ice maker makes the chewy crushed kind which I chew on

Old 08-24-2015, 05:16 PM

Above I meant love not live. Looking forward to skinnier finger tips too

Old 08-25-2015, 02:20 AM

13,247 posts, read 7,300,036 times
I don't think it would work for me I get hungry I have to eat small meals during the day eating one big meal each day would make me get hungry and eat food I should not be eating. I have been dieting and exercising for 100 days now lost almost 25 lbs I hope to hit my 30 lb loss so far I eat 3-4 times a day small low carb meals.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:37 AM

50,353 posts, read 63,939,201 times
Well, firstly, that is 2 meals a day, not one. I think whether it is healthy or sustainable for you depends upon what you are eating at your main meal. You appear to be counting calories? OK, fine, so long as you are accurately counting them.

Plenty of people do fine with two meals a day. If you get through the day without being hungry, and you feel good, then go for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss