Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 12:05 PM

2,659 posts, read 2,073,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed08 View Post
What should I do? No, I don't want to go back to my original weight but I want my husband to want me again.
Exercise and lose weight. I think women still don't understand that sexual attraction in men is not always something that he can easily change. If you became obese, then there isn't much that he can do to "reprogram" himself.

Why don't you want to lose weight, perhaps not to the original weight but to something that will make you healthier and him more attractive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 12:09 PM

507 posts, read 441,158 times
Will be interesting to see if OP comes back, or if this is another one of those drive-by threads by a "new member" meant to stir the pot.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:10 PM

52 posts, read 45,029 times
A 50% weight gain is not healthy. Has your husband gained 50% of his weight? Also eating a bowl of cereal before bed is not that great for you. Bad time to load up carbs then be inactive. If you continue you could end up gaining more weight. Take better care of yourself so you and your husband can enjoy a long healthy life together.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:12 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,471,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennia View Post
Will be interesting to see if OP comes back, or if this is another one of those drive-by threads by a "new member" meant to stir the pot.
I hope she hasn't been scared off by a few of the posts she's received

Old 10-16-2015, 12:20 PM

4,037 posts, read 2,692,268 times
This thread is just going to turn into another "weight bashing" one anyway.

I guess us FATTIES should stop living life and remove all of the mirrors from our homes. LOL!

Old 10-16-2015, 12:22 PM

20,688 posts, read 19,838,965 times
If he likes slim women, he likes slim women. Simple.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:33 PM

91 posts, read 118,681 times
To those asking no I haven't been scared off. I've been reading the replies and some of them seem to be bashing my husband for no apparent reason. I just haven't had the chance to reply. I'm about 5'6" tall. Again, I was always the skinny kid in school so when I started gaining weight finally I liked it. I'm not trying to force him to like the new me but I do want him to desire me again. I like the way I look and I don't think I'm overweight at 150 lbs but it just seems that my husband doesn't desire me like he did when I was slimmer.

Last edited by Snowed08; 10-16-2015 at 12:43 PM..

Old 10-16-2015, 12:37 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,518,753 times
Yes, your husband should love you the way that you are- is that what you want to hear?

That being said, why have you changed your eating habits? Why do you feel the need to eat a bowl of cereal every night before bedtime? As we get older, it becomes harder to lose weight. If you keep eating like you are now, are you going to gain another 50 pounds?

Since you didn't tell us how tall you are, we don't know if you are underweight, just right or overweight. If your general health is all right, you can either stay the weight you are at or lose a few pounds. Has your husband also put on 50 pounds?- I know that you said that his suit size went up. He seems to have a problem with change, you (and he) will not always be the same way you are now as you age. Some change is inevitable and he needs to learn how to deal with it.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:42 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,195,765 times
Is he interested in losing weight together, or is he only focusing on your weight gain?

Old 10-16-2015, 12:44 PM

20,688 posts, read 19,838,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed08 View Post
To those asking no I haven't been scared off. I've been reading the replies and some of them seem to be bashing my husband for no apparent reason. I just haven't had the chance to reply. I'm about 5'6" tall. Again, I was always the skinny kid in school so when I started gaining weight finally I liked it. I'm not trying to force him to like the new me but I do want him to desire me again. I like the way I look and I don't think I'm overweight at 150 lbs but it just seems that my husband doesn't desire me like he did when I was slimmer.
If you are not an athelete with tons of muscles, you are quite overweight. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss