Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 08:40 AM

7,328 posts, read 4,586,557 times

Advertisements

For those who cook (unlike me ), I found these healthy meal suggestions :

Healthy Eating Planner: 31 Days of Superfoods | Fitness Magazine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 10:39 AM

455 posts, read 385,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninersfan82 View Post
I know we should all eat healthy. However, alot of people say you can only eat meat if it's lean. Well, I am not a fan of chicken breasts (unless they are mixed up in something, like fettucine alfredo), I would rather eat legs or thighs. I don't really like veggies but I can force myself to eat broccoli, mixed veggies, and carrots. I like onions mixed into certain dishes, like chili..or on top of burgers, which are super unhealthy. People say you have to eat brown instead of white rice.. Luckily I like both but white tastes better, of course. Lol do you basically have to resort to eating bland foods in order to eat healthy? what type of recipes do you use to make your healthy foods taste good?

I try not to eat much fried food but I eat out at fast food restaurants 3-5 times a week. I don't really eat alot of meals. I snack on a lot of sweets, which is why I have gained alot of weight in the past year. I am 254 and my doc wants me to get to 225, and get my cholesterol down (my cholesterol, as taken three days ago, is 225).
Go get yourself a weight watcher's cookbook, You can make a lot of fun foods that taste great and sneak in all the good stuff you be eating. You can make great, tasty and filling foods by switching up a few ingredients or cooking methods!

I made an INSANE taco bowl dinner that was better than any restaurant could ever conceive of with brown rice and chicken, sounds bland but it's ALL ABOUT the spices you use:0) Give it a try:

For 2 people
2 boneless skinless Chix Breast, simmer (don't boil) in water with salt and ground cumin, ground garlic and onion (chopped, dried or powder) I am pretty liberal with my spices, maybe 2-3 teaspoons each (except salt), go light on that).

In the meantime, chop up some lettuce (per your preference, I used romain), cilantro, onion, tomato, avocado.

When chix are cooked, take out of water and set aside. Do NOT throw out water.

Add your brown rice to the same water ( I used instant brown rice) and then a can of beans (black or pinto).Add some more spice per your taste.

While your rice and beans are cooking either cut up or shred the chicken.

Get those large tortillas that are used for wraps, place one in an oven safe small bowl and bake in the oven until it's crispy.

Add your rice/beans to the bottom, then chic, then lettuce, tomato, cilantro, onion and avocado and top with some spicy fresh salsa or picante sauce (hot sauce of your choice). Almost forgot, it's diet killer but we add shredded cheese, I can't say no to cheese

Super yummy, super fresh, super easy and very satisfying.

I will say if you don;t like to cook or have a relationship with spices (or the kitchen) it could be a little challenging. My co-workers were raving about that book, eat this, not that, maybe that could help you make better selections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss