Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 08:24 AM

806 posts, read 958,537 times

Advertisements

I eat just about everything: fast food, ice cream, pizza, fried chicken, beef jerky, ramen noodles, cupcakes, cookies, soda, juice, etc., which is probably why I am not losing any weight even though I run 7-10 miles a day.

So what are specific foods I need to avoid to lose weight?

Or is it just about limiting calories and doesn't matter what food I eat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 08:28 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
You can eat anything you want just account for it as part of your daily consumption, move daily, but do try to cut down on diet pop, regular pop, fast food and over processed food.

There will be a ton of people posting to eat vegetarian, vegan, paleo, haleo, bob, scotch and butch however, no diet is going to work for you if you feel deprived. Find what works for you and make a lifestyle change not just a temporary restriction.

Old 12-21-2015, 08:47 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
Wine. I eat a very healthy diet but when I drink wine I tend to eat a bit too much of it.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:01 AM

806 posts, read 958,537 times
Do you think I should sign up for a diet program like Nutri-System?

I only eat once a day so I tend to gorge myself. I think I need structure and healthy foods chosen by experts cause I am totally clueless.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:25 AM

10,555 posts, read 7,750,499 times
You should eat three times daily, with most of the calorie consumption coming earlier in the day.

Maybe signing up for a diet program would be a good idea, because it sounds like you're way off the path of a healthy, nutritious, diet.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:30 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,239,343 times
I follow the 80/20 (or 85/15%) rule. Clean the higher percentage of times, whatever I want (well, Celiac safe!) the lower percentage. Along with exercise, works for me.

Old 12-21-2015, 04:04 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acercode View Post
I eat just about everything: fast food, ice cream, pizza, fried chicken, beef jerky, ramen noodles, cupcakes, cookies, soda, juice, etc., which is probably why I am not losing any weight even though I run 7-10 miles a day.

I'm actually surprised you can even run one mile eating that stuff.

"Try" to avoid all foods boxed, canned and plastic/glass sealed; basically anything processed.

Good luck

Old 12-21-2015, 05:28 PM

4,563 posts, read 5,416,094 times
Quote:

That is one of the most horrible diets I've seen posted here on CD. I am almost tempted to think that you are posting this as a joke because you hit on all the horrible foods.

You need to immediately eliminate:

Fast food
Ice cream
Pizza
Fried chicken
Ramen noodles
cupcakes
cookies
soda

Beef jerky is okay though.

What exactly are you looking to do? Your goal? What is your current starting point? Weight? Height? Male/Female?

It sounds as if you just need to be educated on proper nutrition, and learn how to apply that knowledge into your every day life.

Old 12-21-2015, 05:30 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Eat a whole food diet.
For your overall health.

For one word answer to your actual question: sugar.

Old 12-21-2015, 05:42 PM

3,167 posts, read 4,001,566 times
Quote:

I always lose weight just by eliminating refined sugar and most white carbs, especially bread. I never count calories - it doesn't seem to matter how much I eat, just what I eat and how much I eat at one time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss