Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 09:53 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,953,515 times

Advertisements

cynwldkat wrote:
Do you ever wonder if perhaps some of the drugs put into our foods stimulate people to over-eat? And then to top that off they over-eat foods with drugs in them that also may cause weight gain?
Nah, they'd never stoop so low just to make a buck. It's all about getting the healthiest food possible into the stomaches of the American people. If thay happen to make a buck along the way, well, that's good too.

If anyone believes the paragraph I wrote above, I got a deal for you! I've decided to sell my oceanfront property in Yuma Arizona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 11:36 AM

335 posts, read 1,530,986 times
I can hardly even walk through most grocery stores nowadays. The food on the shelves is disgusting. It's all in plastic packages and has these eat-by-dates that are 2010 and 2012.... Frightening!

Old 02-25-2008, 12:57 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,233,038 times
Oh yeah, I hear you. How can anything last that long and still be good for you? Maybe I can start growing and canning all my own things. Probably not everything. So what do we do???

Old 02-25-2008, 01:45 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,953,515 times
In the film
Supersize Me
, the guy experiments to see how long it would take for various items from the McCrap menu to deteriorate.

I can't imagine what something like that does to your body when you ingest ( I almost said eat, but that's not really eating, is it? ) it.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:00 AM

22 posts, read 57,921 times
Quote:
In the film
Supersize Me
, the guy experiments to see how long it would take for various items from the McCrap menu to deteriorate.

I can't imagine what something like that does to your body when you ingest ( I almost said eat, but that's not really eating, is it? ) it.
I remember that movie for my psych class it was like 2 or 3 weeks for the hamburger to deteriorate. Though the french fries where still going after about 6 months, without an sign of fugus or anything.

I think that obesity is a combination of factors previous mentioned

fast food

portion sizes

exercise

hormones and other chemicals

tv and computer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss