Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 09:16 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,814,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
But above all the best tips for shredding pounds are;

1) Eat special K cereal. It's low in fat and cholesterol and provides 50% of your daily fiber in one bowl!
2) Ditch that bacon. One serving of bacon contains 80% of your daily saturated fat and 25% of your daily calories! Eat special K instead. Your waistline and heart will thank you for it
3) Feeling hungry? Well grab some Dark Chocolate. It's good for your skin! And there's probably a study out there that showed how participants who ate dark chocolate lost more weight than those who didn't!
4) Eat plenty of nonfat yogurt, don't pay attention to how much sugar it contains, you can even mix in a little granola or Special K cereal for an extra tasty treat!
5)Oprah
6)Workout on the elliptical for at least one hour per day to get your body into that prime fat burning zone. After cardio head on over to the free weights, pick up those 2 and a half pound dumbbells and flutter your arms around for 10 minutes.
7) 20 minutes of crunches EVERY DAY! This is crucial for a flat, toned stomach.
8) Look for the 'REAL FRUIT' label at your local grocer and try to buy products with only natural flavors.
9) Live laugh love and drink red wine! It's full of antioxidants! No really! Your heart will thank you for it.

You're welcome
Wow this is either meant to be funny, or is sadly meant to be true by someone who hasn't got a clue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 09:43 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
But above all the best tips for shredding pounds are;

1) Eat special K cereal. It's low in fat and cholesterol and provides 50% of your daily fiber in one bowl!
2) Ditch that bacon. One serving of bacon contains 80% of your daily saturated fat and 25% of your daily calories! Eat special K instead. Your waistline and heart will thank you for it
3) Feeling hungry? Well grab some Dark Chocolate. It's good for your skin! And there's probably a study out there that showed how participants who ate dark chocolate lost more weight than those who didn't!
4) Eat plenty of nonfat yogurt, don't pay attention to how much sugar it contains, you can even mix in a little granola or Special K cereal for an extra tasty treat!
5)Oprah
6)Workout on the elliptical for at least one hour per day to get your body into that prime fat burning zone. After cardio head on over to the free weights, pick up those 2 and a half pound dumbbells and flutter your arms around for 10 minutes.
8) Look for the 'REAL FRUIT' label at your local grocer and try to buy products with only natural flavors.
9) Live laugh love and drink red wine! It's full of antioxidants! No really! Your heart will thank you for it.

You're welcome

Special K is nasty. Life is too short for Special K.

Bacon is yummy. Life is too short to ditch bacon.

OK, I will give you this one.

WTF? Do you work for Special K?????

5)Oprah

WTF??? Oprah is a woman who is one of the richest in the world and still can't figure out how to stop shoving food into her piehole.

There is no such thing as a fat burning zone. An elliptical for one hour is a freaking long time. Flutter my arms around for 10 minutes? Seriously?????

20 minutes? Really?? Not like 100 crunches, or 50 crunches?

Hmm, looks at apple. Is this real fruit? Doesn't have a label.

I can't drink red wine. It causes me to eat more food, or call more guys or have more sex or to open another bottle.

Old 02-05-2016, 09:45 AM

4,559 posts, read 5,413,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
re: Tabata/HIIT: If I am on an Elliptical or treadmill, headphones on, connected to phone, listening to music, how do I time the sprints/rests? How do I sit there and know ok, where am I? Am I sprinting or am I resting? Do I have to have the workout plan sitting in front of me? I like to cover the clock on the machine, because watching those seconds slowly tick by is painful. Am I supposed to be using the machine's clock to time them? I found a Tabata timer app on my phone, but again, it just dings, how do I know if ding means run or ding means walk? ??
I have several Tabata songs downloaded onto my iTunes music. When I am ready for my Tabata, I just play a tabata song/timer. Here is a Youtube vid of my most often used tabata when I am out on my run or while jumping rope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INzkbzKbTis

Old 02-05-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
I have several Tabata songs downloaded onto my iTunes music. When I am ready for my Tabata, I just play a tabata song/timer. Here is a Youtube vid of my most often used tabata when I am out on my run or while jumping rope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INzkbzKbTis
So I would have to watch that video and listen to that music.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
So I would have to watch that video and listen to that music.
LOL. No. You can download the song on iTunes and play it through your normal music playlist.

I have a "Workout" playlist that has all of the songs I like to listen to when working out. The Tribal Tabata song is in there, so for example, when I hit the final mile of my run, I usually switch to the tabata song and "tabata" the start of that final mile.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:56 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
Attached Thumbnails
How to Burn the Most Fat-screenshot_2016-02-05-11-54-02  

Old 02-05-2016, 12:38 PM

7,437 posts, read 4,676,648 times
Go to sauna.

Old 02-05-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
LOL. No. You can download the song on iTunes and play it through your normal music playlist.

I have a "Workout" playlist that has all of the songs I like to listen to when working out. The Tribal Tabata song is in there, so for example, when I hit the final mile of my run, I usually switch to the tabata song and "tabata" the start of that final mile.
Isn't Tabata where you work hard for 20 seconds and then work less hard for 1 minute or something along that line? I'm still not understanding where I'm going to get my cues to stop and start. Explain it to me like I'm a 6 year old.

The C25K program tells me "start running," "start walking." I want something that will say "start Tabataing," "stop Tabataing."

Old 02-05-2016, 06:05 PM

1,098 posts, read 901,228 times
Quote:
Special K is nasty. Life is too short for Special K.
Special K is the cereal of the Gods. Eat Special K.

Old 02-05-2016, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Isn't Tabata where you work hard for 20 seconds and then work less hard for 1 minute or something along that line? I'm still not understanding where I'm going to get my cues to stop and start. Explain it to me like I'm a 6 year old.

The C25K program tells me "start running," "start walking." I want something that will say "start Tabataing," "stop Tabataing."
Just do a "Tabata" search in the iTunes store and sample some of the many offerings there to find which you like best. Most of them have count downs to when you need to work/rest so its very very easy to know when to rest or when to workout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss