Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 08:19 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Take a B12 supplement, problem solved.
And get your b12 levels checked periodically, because not everyone is able to properly absorb b12 supplements. I say this as one who was veg'n for 26 years, and ended up with a sever deficiency in spite of dutifully taking b12 supplements. It can cause serious damage if left untreated, and the early warning signs are vague enough not to make the connection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 09:26 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
That's all well and fine, I just find it comical that people like you and Just a Guy will cry about high protein intakes when all the data shows it's beneficial and not remotely detrimental, but then you turn right around and hold up veganism as a healthy diet when you can quite literally die on that diet unless you take supplements.

The irony of it all...
I do not think humans need to eat as much animal protein as we currently do. There is simply no need for it and it is just not healthy in the long run, not to mention what the meat industry is doing to the planet. So yeah, I will take a B12 when needed. I am not a vegetarian or vegan, but my meat consumption is very small.
Ironic how you advocate taking dangerous supplements to lose weight. Supplements that have been outlawed because they are a danger to ones health.
Oh the irony!

Old 04-13-2016, 09:35 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I do not think humans need to eat as much animal protein as we currently do.
Why do you have such issue answering a direct question. I asked how much protein intake you recommend, and you just keep talking in platitudes.

Quote:
it is just not healthy in the long run
Still waiting for the data to support this.

Quote:
Ironic how you advocate taking dangerous supplements to lose weight. Supplements that have been outlawed because they are a danger to ones health.

Oh the irony!
Name me one dangerous supplement I've recommended (and the link to the post too, please).

Old 04-13-2016, 09:58 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times
Quote:
Why do you have such issue answering a direct question. I asked how much protein intake you recommend, and you just keep talking in platitudes.

Still waiting for the data to support this.

Name me one dangerous supplement I've recommended (and the link to the post too, please).
Isn't this your post? I know you say you say you aren't recommending them but you never say they are dangerous. You even say they "easily obtainable".
Quote:
DNP - It's not legal for human consumption anymore but is easily obtainable regardless. An exceptionally potent fat burner that can increase metabolic rate by 40% in moderate doses. Can be fatal if misused.

Clenbuterol - Used an asthma medication in many European countries. Similar to (but more potent than) ephedrine. Easily obtainable.

T3 - The thyroid hormone that is mainly responsible for regulating metabolic rate. Requires prescription in the USA but can be easily obtained from online/overseas pharmacies due to the FDA loophole.
Do you take this stuff? You post about them like you think it's safe and effective.

Last edited by photobuff42; 04-13-2016 at 11:08 AM..

Old 04-13-2016, 04:08 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Protein is not the issue. Your low carb diet is not sustainable. That's why you are stuck.
This statement makes no sense.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
Isn't this your post? I know you say you say you aren't recommending them but you never say they are dangerous. You even say they "easily obtainable".
I love how you claim that I never say they are dangerous and then you follow that up by posting a quote where I say one of them can be lethal.

You just can't make this stuff up.

Quote:
Do you take this stuff? You post about them like you think it's safe and effective.
I don't take DNP, but I do take ephedrine, which is clenbuterol's little brother. Ephedrine is more useful for me at the moment due to it's appetite blunting effects, but as I get closer to 12% bodyfat, I will probably switch to the clenbuterol/T3 combo since it is much more effective. Haven't really decided on the DNP yet though.

Are they effective? Without question, and the science backs that up. Are they safe? I covered this a little more in depth in the other thread but yes, they're safe if used within the proper guidelines.

I don't really want to hijack this thread with that discussion, but if you're interested or concerned about them all that much, feel free to start a thread on them and I'll be happy to objectively discuss them.

Old 04-13-2016, 10:58 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times
Quote:
I love how you claim that I never say they are dangerous and then you follow that up by posting a quote where I say one of them can be lethal.

You just can't make this stuff up.

I don't take DNP, but I do take ephedrine, which is clenbuterol's little brother. Ephedrine is more useful for me at the moment due to it's appetite blunting effects, but as I get closer to 12% bodyfat, I will probably switch to the clenbuterol/T3 combo since it is much more effective. Haven't really decided on the DNP yet though.

Are they effective? Without question, and the science backs that up. Are they safe? I covered this a little more in depth in the other thread but yes, they're safe if used within the proper guidelines.

I don't really want to hijack this thread with that discussion, but if you're interested or concerned about them all that much, feel free to start a thread on them and I'll be happy to objectively discuss them.
I'm just pointing out that you have posted about dangerous substances, per "name me one dangerous supplement I've recommended".

They aren't up for discussion in my world. They are not safe for human consumption. I am sorry to hear that you are taking any of them. I sincerely hope you stop doing so for your health.

I only post a reply because I don't want someone to read your posts about them and believe they will have a good tool to lose weight or look better if they use them.

People have died taking these substances.

Last edited by photobuff42; 04-13-2016 at 11:14 PM..

Old 04-13-2016, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
I'm just pointing out that you have posted about dangerous substances, per "name me one dangerous supplement I've recommended".
I've also posted about murder and racism. Does that mean I'm recommending that too?

(Edited to add: I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that ephedrine, clenbuterol/albuterol, T3...etc are drugs and not supplements under U.S law)

Quote:
They aren't up for discussion in my world. They are not safe for human consumption.
Well then you might want to let the Food and Drug Administration know that, since they have approved ephedrine, albuterol and T3 for human use right here in these United States. Surely, they would put more stock in your uneducated opinion, rather than their own highly rigorous testing and approval process.

Quote:
I am sorry to hear that you are taking any of them.
What about the who knows how many other Americans who use them everyday to treat a variety of ailments? Do you feel sorry for them too?

Quote:
I only post a reply because I don't want someone to read your posts about them and believe they will have a good tool to lose weight or look better if they use them.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that anyone seriously considering those compounds would probably be more interested in my input (since I use actual scientific data to formulate my opinions) than yours.

Just a guess though.

Quote:
People have died taking these substances.
People have also died from taking simple over the counter medicines like aspirin. You know what these people all had in common? They didn't follow the rules.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:48 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
Sometimes I think these threads
are deliberately created to give
certain posters a platform to spew
really bad information.
Some supplements are dangerous.
That's a fact.

Bottom line- only a certifiable moron
would run out & buy supplements
based on what a complete stranger
on the internet pretends to know.

And if there's any teenagers reading
these threads-
Never trust the info you're
getting here.
It's not worth the risk.

Old 04-14-2016, 09:12 AM

380 posts, read 652,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Sometimes I think these threads
are deliberately created to give
certain posters a platform to spew
really bad information.
Some supplements are dangerous.
That's a fact.

Bottom line- only a certifiable moron
would run out & buy supplements
based on what a complete stranger
on the internet pretends to know.

And if there's any teenagers reading
these threads-
Never trust the info you're
getting here.
It's not worth the risk.
Was that supposed to be a poem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss