Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2016, 01:19 PM

2 posts, read 1,881 times

Advertisements

Hi guys. New girl here. Been losing weight for a month now and struggle time to time. I wanted to ask you all a few questions.

1 - What is your most pressing issue when it comes to losing weight?
2 - What is your greatest fear about losing weight?
3 - What is your biggest dream concerning losing weight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 02:14 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,824,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by befittoday View Post
Hi guys. New girl here. Been losing weight for a month now and struggle time to time. I wanted to ask you all a few questions.

1) Portion control for sweets/indulgences. Having 1-2 cookies is acceptable here and there. Having 10 cookies is not (though I still do sometimes).

2) Probably getting seriously injured with working out/exercise and then having to adjust diet to compensate (and not succeeding).

3) 6-pack (ish) abs.

Old 02-12-2016, 02:40 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,533,758 times
Quote:

1--Being able to stick with calorie budget, because food is yummy.

2--That I won't lose it and I'll be fat and single for the rest of my life.

3--That I will lose it, meet the man of my dreams and live happily ever after.

Old 02-13-2016, 06:45 AM

2 posts, read 1,881 times
Keep the answers coming...Very helpful.

Old 02-13-2016, 10:02 AM

753 posts, read 1,096,335 times
My answers are probably likely to be different than other people's.... I'm losing weight for medical reasons rather than cosmetic ones, after being diagnosed with fatty liver disease.

(1) As others have said, avoiding temptation of over-indulging in yummy foods.

(2) That it might be too late already to do anything about halting/reversing the progression of my disease.

(3) That I will have enough time to do the things I still want to do in my life, and not spend my retirement dying a long and drawn-out death from liver failure.

Old 02-27-2016, 03:33 PM

1,098 posts, read 886,770 times
Quote:

1-Developing an eating disorder. I'm trying to get rid of my all-or-nothing attitude but at the same time I see a direct correlation with binge eating and wheat consumption. Wheat may be something I actually do need to eliminate completely. At first I thought dairy and sugar where my main issues but when I ditch wheat for a few days I find that these cravings drop drastically

2- Nothing, I think it's great. As much as I love Pizza buffets and stuffing my face with Ice cream, at the end of the day it's not worth it.

3- Around 180-185 lbs, lean muscle with ~10% body fat. I've been there before so I know it's possible. (I'm 235 with about 25% body fat right now)

I plan to have the weight off by next September. I'm still not eating too great, but I've been taking my workouts very seriously. Have to attack one thing at a time. I'm going to allow myself to eat junk food for a few more weeks before I start to slowly cut back.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:45 AM

3 posts, read 2,110 times
Have found these to be VERY CONSISTENT fears especially within Women that I have trained.

1 - What is your most pressing issue when it comes to losing weight? PERSERVERANCE.
2 - What is your greatest fear about losing weight? FAILURE.
3 - What is your biggest dream concerning losing weight? STAYING THIN.

I see so many women fall off because of weight loss "Goals" that are setting themselves up to fail. They are putting too much emphasis on dead lines to lose a certain amount of lbs or fit into a certain size dress. This leads onto the next point ... they feel if they do not achieve that, the have FAILED. If they manage to drop the weight, they tend to fear they cannot keep it off.

ALL OF THIS is because they are setting proper goals, and IMPLEMENTING HEALTH AND FITNESS as a Lifestyle. Its not a quick fix. If you think of it as such, your progress will be a quick enjoyment as well, and then you will relapse into an unhealthy lifestyle. Set a PROPER goal plan and YOU WILL SUCCEED!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNKEwHVDHvA

Old 03-04-2016, 01:05 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,887,431 times
Quote:

1) Curbing my intake of sweets and "comfort foods." I have a roommate who purchases a couple of boxes of brownie mix every time he goes to the store. Then he wants ME to fix them for him.

2) Keeping the pounds off once I lose them. I am sooo good at self sabotauge.

3) I want to get into shape so that I can begin hiking in the Colorado mountains again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss