Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 02:17 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,787,931 times

Advertisements

DTexas - did you REALLY do that, or did you get that in an email?
That is TOO funny!!!!!!!!!
Gotta send that to my mom...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2006, 09:26 AM

613 posts, read 798,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
DTexas - did you REALLY do that, or did you get that in an email?
That is TOO funny!!!!!!!!!
Gotta send that to my mom...

Well......

I got it in an email! But I am sure it did really happen to someone, being that there are some pretty stupid people in this world.

Yesterday, over dinner, I told it, and I thought my brother was going to choke on his turkey!!! I haven't seen him laugh that hard since we were kids...and my goofy sister-n-law was taking it all in, and I was like OMG, I thought, don't tell me, you want to start this diet!!!! lmao

Old 11-24-2006, 11:40 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,984,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTexas85 View Post
Well......

I got it in an email! But I am sure it did really happen to someone, being that there are some pretty stupid people in this world.

Yesterday, over dinner, I told it, and I thought my brother was going to choke on his turkey!!! I haven't seen him laugh that hard since we were kids...and my goofy sister-n-law was taking it all in, and I was like OMG, I thought, don't tell me, you want to start this diet!!!! lmao
I told it at Thanksgiving Dinner too and when I got to the part where the lady in line asked how the dieter ended up in Intensive Care, was it something in the dog food, as soon as I said "no, I was licking my ass in the middle of the road and got hit by a car", two of my guests blew wine out in a big spray and choked laughing hysterically. Luckily I have tile floors... I just got done mopping them with Pine-Sol...that was a hilarious story

Old 11-24-2006, 02:48 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,620,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I told it at Thanksgiving Dinner too and when I got to the part where the lady in line asked how the dieter ended up in Intensive Care, was it something in the dog food, as soon as I said "no, I was licking my ass in the middle of the road and got hit by a car", two of my guests blew wine out in a big spray and choked laughing hysterically. Luckily I have tile floors... I just got done mopping them with Pine-Sol...that was a hilarious story
Well, MoMark, between your kitchen mishaps, and your guests spewing on your floors, you must have the cleanest house in a 10-mile radius! Outside of all that though, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Now, on to Christmas!

Old 11-24-2006, 03:03 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,984,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Well, MoMark, between your kitchen mishaps, and your guests spewing on your floors, you must have the cleanest house in a 10-mile radius! Outside of all that though, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Now, on to Christmas!
We had a really nice Thanksgiving here CelticLady! It wasn't very traditional with the traditional foods, but it was uniquely good. I had thoroughly cleaned the house the day/night before, but as the temperatures here yesterday were almost 70F, we spent a good part of the day out on the deck and walking through the woods to enjoy the warmth and sunshine. It was a spectacular day! The turkey didn't quite turn out right..., but we had put a huge Pork loin (about 15lbs) that had soaked in a marinade for two days on my grill on the deck (had to uncover it from the winter tarp as I hadn't expected to be able to use it again this year!) and we smoked it at 275F (the grill has a smoker and if you open the air vent a bit on the firebox, put the meat in the central grill compartment, and then open the smokestack just about halfway, you can get a circulation going and I added hickory wood to the charcoals in the firebox occasionally.) for about 7 hours. It was GOOOOOD!! Luckily with the turkey not doing so well, we had more than enough! Lunch was a white cheddar cheese soup with mushroom and carrot slivers, with cornbread biscuits with cranberries in them, excellent. Then we had pureed 6 varieties of mushrooms for the mushroom soup and it was so thick it was like a cross between soup and a semi-solid..wonderful! And then we pureed fresh parsley...a whole bunch of it into a parsley paste, squeezed it into balls the size of golf balls, and dropped one ball in the middle of each bowl of mushroom soup... I had qualms..but it was fantastic, surprisingly delicious! We also steamed green beans, fried fresh whole scallops that were lightly fried in olive oil and garlic, then baked for about five minutes and covered with a light Dijon mustard cream sauce then served with the peppered green beans...HEAVEN!!! My flan they liked, I didn't. It turned out pretty good for flan I guess, I just had a different expectation of how it should taste and my guests really liked it. We also had cinnamon apples that had been marinated in a fine whiskey for a few days, then gently fried..My house went from smelling like Pine-Sol to smelling like apple-cinnamon and darn was that tasty. We also had Greek olives and dates stuffed with goat cheese (surprisingly good!). Then we had chick-peas that had been stir-fried in olive oil and then paprika was shaken over them..that was good too. But cleanup took hours even though we cleaned as we cooked as we did courses throughout the day, then rested our stomachs, then did more. My dishwasher ran all day, and then I washed wine glasses and champagne flutes and heavy pans until about midnight, soaked some, then finished them this morning and then swept the floors and re-mopped again, scoured the counters and island top again, washed the fronts of cabinets where things splattered, got the dining room back into shape, then because it was so nice again outside, washed windows in my underwear to be productive and get some sun! (this warmth is supposed to end in an arctic outbreak starting first in Washington state and crossing the country by midweek and we'll be in the 30's here again soon - today is 74F!!!, so I wanted to get some rays before going back to a parka). So yeah...this house is freakin' pristine now!! I hope your Thanksgiving went well too

Last edited by MoMark; 11-24-2006 at 03:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss