Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 03:31 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,209,362 times

Advertisements

Having been quite ill and now feeling better, my plan is to exercise more. My weight had nothing to do with how much I ate, or what I ate, my diet always fell into the healthy to fair range, depending on who evaluates it.

The big change was illness made mobility near impossible and that made me get fat over the past years. Today I walked a mile, and doing this will make my weight go down gradually to where it was before I because ill. It will take time, but the weight will stay off.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:48 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,294 times
The link and the article were very enlightening. Now, what to do about it. Metabolism.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:15 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithfulTiger View Post
In reading this you really begin to feel like once people let themselves get fat, there isn't much you can do. Even losing weight is probably bad for you.
The article focused on these Biggest Loser contestants who lost dramatic amounts of weight in a very short time. I think that's why their metabolisms aren't keeping up with their weight changes.

Ideally and most realistically when people lose weight slowly over time, the metabolism keeps pace with the actual caloric needs of the body. That is good news. Slow & steady wins the race.

Six months ago I set out to lose 15 lbs. I've lost 8. Do you hear me?! The BL contestants were losing in ONE WEEK what took me SIX MONTHS to lose.

And having lost a few lbs slowly, my metabolism feels fine, I don't feel hungry or deprived. Because losing just barely over 1 lb per month is so gradual, the metabolism easily adapts.

As much as someone may want to lose 200lbs ASAP, really the healthiest way is to do it slowwwwwly. (Notwithstanding the drive for $250k )

Last edited by Zelpha; 05-10-2016 at 04:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss