Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 01:10 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,256,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
He retired in March and just reclines, watches TV, and eats. While I still make diet dinners and don't buy junk food, he is home all day and just buys them himself.

He has blamed ME and my cooking on his being overweight before. No, way. I weigh(ed) 100 lbs. Not my cooking but what HE eats the rest of the day.

I KNOW he is gaining it all back, and then some, since his retirement. I also know he is going to blame skinny me and my cooking for it.

I do not know what to do. The man had a heart attack. Does he want to risk another? To help him, I lost weight myself but I do not need to be 95 lbs. I was snacking and hiding that from him to gain my weight back, and not let him see my snacks. Pointless since he is buying his own even worse snacks now.

I do not know what to do. He is in denial.
Like many who retire boredom becomes a factor and the retiree develops a sedentary lifestyle and the obesity and health problems that go with it,eating can be a pleasure to look forward to as it tastes good and doesnt require much exertion,this way of life can be particularly enhanced if the retiree has to sit at home alone most days while the spouse is not retired and is off working everyday..
What can you do about it? not very much as its his personal lifestyle choice under his current situation.
I'm sure people let him know he should get out more and/or get some hobbies but if the passion to do that isnt there it can be tough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 05:10 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,347,876 times
When you are making these 350 calorie/serving dinners are you making him more than one serving at least? Was the strict diet supposed to be forever?

Most of the low fat push is slowly being pushed aside. So, I would talk to the doctor about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss