Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 08:57 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,401,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I would eat that every day
Very funny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 09:10 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
I'm not counting calories and I know I should eat better but

Breakfast is oatmeal to which I add nuts and raisins. I pour almond milk over it.
Or it's one or two poached eggs. Sometimes some orange juice.
Always a big cup of tea.

Lunch gets skipped sometimes but it can be a sandwich with peanut butter and raisins (nuts and raisins seem to be my latest craze) or, more often, a smoothie containing 1/2 banana, frozen fruit (strawberries or blueberries usually), romaine or spinach, whatever else I may have on hand, and almond milk.

Dinner is usually meat or fish with potato or rice, and either a salad or vegetables. I can't wait until my tiny garden starts producing!

I drink water all day long and with meals. Ever since being diagnosed with a milk protein allergy, there is NO dairy for me. Hence the almond or rice (or other) "milk".

Old 06-28-2016, 10:28 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Summers: Never without organic romaine lettuce....I have not bought bread in about 7 yrs or so and this lettuce is my bread ... use it for salads and sandwich wraps.

Breakfast: soft boiled eggs with a small lamburger. I'm so turned off oatmeal for over a year now. Start my day with 1/2 water and 1/2 low sodium V8 (high potassium) and MSM powder...so this is pretty filling.

Colder Weather: Make soups and still use romaine lettuce a lot. Veggie and meat based soups.

Old 06-29-2016, 05:19 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Pre workout-Coffee with cream and cocoa
Post-workout-Quest Bar or Whey Protein Smoothie (coffee, chocolate protein powder, almond milk)

Lunch-Salad with some sort of protein (usually chicken, sometimes eggs)

Snack-Nuts or a small piece of stevia sweetened chocolate (Lilly's)

Dinner-Meat, fish or poultry with veggies.

Old 07-02-2016, 07:46 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
I eat so many different things there is no typical. That's my goal, variety.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-05-2016, 04:48 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,312,898 times
Typically:

Breakfast:
1/2 of a toasted ham, egg, and cheese sandwich from Panera
iced coffee
(This is my most processed meal of the day.)

Lunch:
Salad -- usually spinach and baby lettuces -- with assorted veggies, nuts, maybe some berries, maybe some cheese, maybe beans, ground flax seed and a protein of some sort (meat or eggs). Home-made dressing.

Dinner:
Protein and veggies.
Maybe an apple and peanut butter. Maybe yogurt, blueberries, and pecans. Maybe eggs and green beans. Steak over raw spinach with red onions and pine nuts. Fish.

I nosh on olives, pickles, veggies (bell pepper, carrots), maybe cheese, nuts, veggies and hummus.

I eat a square of Ghirardelli dark chocolate almost every day.

I drink a serving of wine a couple days a week.

I don't eat a lot of fruit. Other than my breakfast sandwich, I don't eat processed carbs (bread), but I do occasionally make a whole-grain carb like farro or something like quinoa.

I try to drink about 3 liters of water per day.

Old 07-05-2016, 06:21 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
lots of blueberries and almonds

I do buy cans of green veggies and eat them cold,,,its quick and cheap

I eat lots of protein

and my superman drink every morning....

I shred ginger root , add cinnamon, turmeric and cayenne pepper and a quart of water mix it up and drink..

Old 07-06-2016, 10:37 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
lots of blueberries and almonds

I do buy cans of green veggies and eat them cold,,,its quick and cheap

I eat lots of protein

and my superman drink every morning....

I shred ginger root , add cinnamon, turmeric and cayenne pepper and a quart of water mix it up and drink..
I'm really proud of you.

I thought you would just put meat juice in with water and have that for breakfast.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-06-2016, 12:14 PM

7,115 posts, read 12,654,276 times
What I eat varies with the growing season and what's fresh. Most meals are built around fresh vegetables and fruits.

Right now, in the summertime, I'm having a feast with tomatoes, all kinds of greens, bell peppers, asparagus, and just had a beet feast, but the beets mostly out of the market now here in SE US.

Fruit-wise--it's a bounty -- all kinds of melons, peaches, cherries, berries, plums, pears, etc.

Lots of salads and fresh fruit/veggie smoothies in the hot weather. I sometimes make a cold whole-wheat pasta salad loaded with veggies.

Come colder weather, I will eat more root vegetables--potatoes, carrots, squash, pumpkin-- and more complex carbs. Beans, lentils, barley and such. And more stews, hot soups, roasted veggies, chili, etc.

When I eat a non-vegetable protein,not very often, I usually go for chicken or fish, simply prepared and surrounded by lots of veggies.

For instance, our lunch today was a salad of sliced heirloom tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, Spring Mix greens and a sprinkle of walnuts and crumbled bleu cheese. Dressing was a simple EVO and red wine vinegar.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:33 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
No calories are ever counted by myself anymore, don't need to.
Food selections are generally divided up into categories that I pick from like:
Fruits- 5-7 servings a day
Vegetables- 1-3 servings a day, mostly cooked, usually eaten with entrees.
Starches- 1-3 baked potatoes a day microwave cooked, also rice and some quinoa.
Lean Meats- 1-3 servings a day, sliced, and mixed into corn wraps with vegetables.
Dairy- 1 serving a day.
Oats- a few servings a week in cereals.
Gluten Free Foods- Mixed in every so often as I find necessary.
Frozen Foods- I generally only prefer the EVOL brand, I would eat it all the time if cost were of no concern.
Wheat (White Flour, Whole Grains)- 0 servings a day, and will stay that way (celiac).
Vitamins- I go with the SuperNuThera brand, it helps me overall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss