Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 07:43 PM

Location: Olde English District, SC (look it up on Wikipedia)
243 posts, read 366,696 times

Advertisements

The only OTC pills that worked for me were the ones with ephedra, but they're no longer available in the US. Other than that Phentermine (prescription) worked. I've tried several of the caffeine based pills, but they weren't effective for me, nor was garcinia cambogia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 10:42 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Wave Carpetbagger View Post
The only OTC pills that worked for me were the ones with ephedra, but they're no longer available in the US. Other than that Phentermine (prescription) worked. I've tried several of the caffeine based pills, but they weren't effective for me, nor was garcinia cambogia.
Only the herbal (ephedra) was banned. Ephedrine (the drug form, which is better and safer) is still available in most areas in decongestants like Bronkaid and Primatene.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:30 PM

505 posts, read 583,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Phentermine was amazing for me. I lost 40 lbs. taking it. It loses its effectiveness over time and it has side effects, so sometimes doctors are hesitant to prescribe it. I liked it. It made me indifferent to food, which has NEVER happened in my life.
Did you regain all your weight? I read many people do and have terrible withdrawals.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Years ago I took chromium picolinate and forget how long, think chromium is used in weight loss hope. Back not long ago I gave the rasberry ketones a trial and stopped. No more pills.
I've recently started back up with chromium and cinnamon...so far I've been able to stick to 1200 calories/day without going crazy.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenHeartSleepingMind View Post
you could try this https://authoritynutrition.com/glucomannan/

it's similar but i heard it expands in your stomach once taken so you feel full. something like that anyway lol
I'm going to add this to my supplement regime as well. THANK YOU!

Old 12-23-2016, 09:40 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7freak7 View Post
Did you regain all your weight? I read many people do and have terrible withdrawals.
Yes, I regained some, which I think it going to happen any time you take a weight loss drug. I wouldn't recommend it long-term (and most doctors don't prescribe it long term) because it can be habit forming and does not work as well over time nor does it teach you the good eating habits you need for long-term success.

I had no withdrawals at all, but I know many do. I also didn't have the horrible side effects that some experience, too.

Old 04-10-2017, 08:15 AM

18 posts, read 24,773 times
Raspberry Ketones were the ones that helped me out to lose some extra weight, and I chose them after reading this article.
Before that that I had too much water in my body and my belly looked almost preggie so I decided it is the best time to do something about it! I just don't understand why it took me such long time.
The worst thing is that I tried to lose only fat on my belly but realised only later that it is the fat that you lose last... Wish I was more educated back then.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:35 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weightlossgreenstoretea View Post
Right diet, daily workout avoid junk foods and choosing right weight loss pill could be possible
If you do those things you don't need a pill.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:46 PM

8,885 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Be careful with Hoodia. I took it every day for a long time. I started feeling tired a lot, had headaches. Stopped the drug, headaches disappeared within 3 days. Took longer for my other symptoms to go away, but they did eventually.

If you absolutely must indulge, I'd recommend week on, week off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss