Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 09:58 PM

849 posts, read 1,952,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
There was a british show on "race to size zero" where two journalist went for that through various extreme means. One of them was that C.S. Diet. It actually made her puke and things. When you lose weight really fast on low call the high dump of ketones into your system will make you puke like that. Not to mention the extreme movement of bowels from the natural laxative properties in cabbage.

Super Skinny Me - BBC - Race to Double Zero

part 1
YouTube - Super Skinny Me pt 1
part 2
YouTube - Super Skinny Me pt 2
part 3
YouTube - Super Skinny Me pt 3
part 4
YouTube - Super Skinny Me pt4
part 5
YouTube - Super Skinny Me pt 5
This is very interesting...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 04:50 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,483,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
This is a big mistake and I would advise against it.

First of all, you are losing muscle as you are losing weight. You want to lose fat , not muscle.

This is basically a starvation diet, so as soon as you start eating you will gain weight. There is nothing special about the cabbage diet, its just restricted calories. If you only drink you will be intaking fewer calories and you will lose weight- but not the kind you should be losing.

I am sorry to be too blunt here- but please stop trying to take the easy way out people! Eat healthy, exercise and you will lose weight. Educate yourselves, its not only about being thinner but about being healthier. There is not other way around it, and once you accept this you will be on the path of health.
I've tried it several times in the past, and I have to agree wholeheartedly with Davachka. I'd never ever do it again. Yes I lost weight, yes it came right back. However, I do still make the soup occasionally and have it in the freezer for lunch or a snack. Very low cal, and quite filling as part of a balanced diet.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:48 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
Anyone tried it??? I was wondering if it really works..

Sure it works just like every other fad non healthy diet out there and it will work until you quit using it exclusively or die.

Lifestyle change, healthy eating, regular exercise/movement = weight loss and maintenance.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:02 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,041 times
If the fat comes off fast its going to come back on fast.
Try sensible eating and exercise if you want to be healthy and maintain a healthy weight.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:57 PM

20,926 posts, read 28,393,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
If the fat comes off fast its going to come back on fast.
Try sensible eating and exercise if you want to be healthy and maintain a healthy weight.
I had a co-worker who did this diet, she lost weight but had terrible gas and stomach pains. She stopped it after 6 months. Weight Watchers IMO is better and safer.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:19 PM

41,938 posts, read 75,137,295 times
The soup itself is really nutritious and filling, and easy and inexpensive to make. It looks beautiful when you make it with red cabbage, and tastes great if you add some chiles, herbs and/or spices, or garlic. There's a lot you can do with the basic recipe.

Just not for breakfast. Yuck!

Old 02-13-2012, 06:46 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,787,328 times
I tried it years ago and followed it to the letter and lost maybe 2 lbs which came right back. The only way I've ever been able to lose weight is by eating reasonably, exercising, and not eating sugar. Dang. Oh yeah, and by the end of the week I thought I'd hurl if I ever smelled a bowl of cabbage soup again, even though I made it from homemade chicken broth and beautiful fresh organic vegetables.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss