Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 11:27 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,007,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I cant eat nearly enough once in the day. I just can't. I need timed meals to fuel different activities in my day. I don't have the capacity to eat--every day--one large 1500 calorie meal. But I guess if it works for you...
My calories intake in order to lose would be 1200 or less.
I am allowing 100 C around noon and 100 C at bedtime.
I would estimate that my dinners have been about 800 C.

From 162 to 154 in a week. That has to be lots of water weight, but I feel great .

I doubt this is an ideal diet but being 30 lbs over weight isn't good either. I have tried lots of diets and
cave because I am too hungry. For some reason this seems easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 09:02 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
That'd be me. I work from home or out of my home. Typically gone for 4-5 hours, four days a week, and the rest I'm at home as kind of an average. Especially on days I'm just working from home and not leaving, I wander into the kitchen for a break. If there's ice cream, brownies, or what have you as I'm passing through the kitchen my sweets radar goes off. Maybe I don't get it when I wander in for a cup of coffee or tea around 11:00 but then I'll be back wandering through the kitchen three or four more times for no reason other than I need to get away from work for a few minutes. The brownie will be eaten.

Solution: Do not have in house. If I'm not in a weight loss period, I'll get a small container of ice cream as I'm not draconian about it but I keep very little junk food in the house as I know what I'll do with it if it's there and I'm on a boredom grazing.
I hear you. The other night I was looking for something sweet and there wasn't anything. I felt good about it the next day, because if it was there, I would have eaten it.

Old 06-04-2017, 06:31 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,279,929 times
No. Aside from counting calories, avoiding excess fructose and alcohol is important for the health of the liver. Excess fructose and alcohol ultimately lead to metabolic syndrome, and it can occur even in people who are not overweight, if alcohol and/or fructose make up too much of their diet.

Instead of fruit juice, have a potato, or rice, or some oatmeal with ceylon cinnamon and stevia/saccharin/neotame. Do not drink orange juice daily thinking it's healthy. It's not. Not at all.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:21 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,573,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
No. Aside from counting calories, avoiding excess fructose and alcohol is important for the health of the liver. Excess fructose and alcohol ultimately lead to metabolic syndrome, and it can occur even in people who are not overweight, if alcohol and/or fructose make up too much of their diet.

Instead of fruit juice, have a potato, or rice, or some oatmeal with ceylon cinnamon and stevia/saccharin/neotame. Do not drink orange juice daily thinking it's healthy. It's not. Not at all.
People eat so many high-calorie foods because they are commonly thought of as being "healthy".

Oh, and for most people who are counting calories, they rarely indulge in food choices with fructose or alcohol because the related calorie impact tends to be budget busters. Since adapting my diet to align with a daily calorie budget, I've had beer on two separate occasions during the previous five months.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post

I have a diabetic friend who drinks orange juice every morning. I told her I find that odd, given her blood sugar is almost always high despite medication. She said, "I just have a glass to take with my pills in the morning."

I told her maybe to drink the Trop 50, which has half the sugar and calories. She said it's not as healthy because it has no pulp.

O-KAY.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:24 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,007,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I have a diabetic friend who drinks orange juice every morning. I told her I find that odd, given her blood sugar is almost always high despite medication. She said, "I just have a glass to take with my pills in the morning."

I told her maybe to drink the Trop 50, which has half the sugar and calories. She said it's not as healthy because it has no pulp.

O-KAY.
She needs to read about Glycemic Index & Loads to help her understand.

Old 06-08-2017, 08:26 AM

I don't get this. I don't get this whole weight thing at all. Recording everything. Staying under my calorie allotment. Walking. Today I woke up, got a good night's sleep for the first time in a few days, felt better, lighter, and happily went on the scale. I weigh FOUR ****ING POUNDS more than I did a few days ago.

HOW IS THIS HAPPENING????? I am ready to just give up.

I am delaying having breakfast as long as I can because I don't know what else to do anymore. I had only lentil soup and two saltine crackers for dinner last night, woke up four pounds fatter, and now I am so hungry I am screaming at my cat who won't stop whining because she wants to go outside and eat grass so she can vomit it up in the house.

Going to have some oatmeal with a spoonful of peanut butter and some cinnamon. That should keep me for an hour or so. And save Foxy's life.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 06-08-2017 at 08:51 AM..

Old 06-08-2017, 09:23 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,813,688 times
Quote:
I don't get this. I don't get this whole weight thing at all. Recording everything. Staying under my calorie allotment. Walking. Today I woke up, got a good night's sleep for the first time in a few days, felt better, lighter, and happily went on the scale. I weigh FOUR ****ING POUNDS more than I did a few days ago.

I am delaying having breakfast as long as I can because I don't know what else to do anymore. I had only lentil soup and two saltine crackers for dinner last night, woke up four pounds fatter, and now I am so hungry I am screaming at my cat who won't stop whining because she wants to go outside and eat grass so she can vomit it up in the house.

Going to have some oatmeal with a spoonful of peanut butter and some cinnamon. That should keep me for an hour or so. And save Foxy's life.
Weigh yourself once a week. Trust me on this one. Your weight can fluctuate quite a bit in just a few days time.
A weekly weigh in will give you a better picture of what is really going on in regards to losing and gaining fat.
Are you eating enough? If you are cutting your calories too much your body is going to rebel and hang on to everything that goes into it. Eat every 3 hours, either a meal or a healthy snack to get your over your hunger hump.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:54 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,470,908 times
Quote:

Firstly, that is way too little to eat for dinner. You are NOT going to score brownie points by undereating.

Secondly, whatever "gain" you experienced is more than likely NOT fat.

Thirdly, delaying eating and undereating may lead to bingeing, which can be destructive.

Fourthly, Lucky's right, the scale is going to sabotage whatever progress you're making. Remember what you are doing is not just change in scale weight, it's a lifestyle change. Progress is measured by many metrics, not just the weight on a scale. I've been in your shoes and still find myself obsessed over the scale. That needs to stop if you want any sense of normalcy in your life. If you felt "lighter" and "better", then don't set yourself up for failure by weighing yourself. You don't need the daily validation that you're doing the right thing.

Fifthly, did you download a fitness app to make sure that you are eating enough? Again, YOU SCORE NO BROWNIE POINTS BY UNDEREATING.

Old 06-08-2017, 12:09 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
Quote:

O-KAY.
Besides the calories/sugar, there are some pills that should not be taken with citrus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss